Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I think I need some Major Help with my GWENNITH TRUESIGHT deck

Okay so here it is http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....1se166.4se151

I know I know I have no allies, for some reason I like decks without allies, My first NO ALLY deck was a Wulven Darkclaw deck I was owning every player with him (BEFORE the 1.5 update.) after the update I trashed him he was useless without allies.

second no ally deck I use is Human Mage Nishaven I do really well with him his Shadow Ability makes a perfect no ally deck, but I have been playing him a while now and wanted to try hunter.

At first this Deck was doing great! went from rank 180+ to 203 really quick, but now all of a sudden I can't seem to win. I guess at first I was just really lucky nice deals and easy sacrifices but lately I can't seem to catch a break I played a game when down to my last 15 cards I only received 1 bow, and didn't even get a Master Smith card to call it back.

Couple games after that same thing happen except it was with my Rapid Fire card never coming up.

Most recently though has been driving me crazy because every single person I have been playing has a destroy item/weapon/armor card and this is what is getting to me now.

Now my rank has dropped down to 190, and it doesn't look very promising.

Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been thinking about dropping the 3 Guardian's Oath, and getting 1 more Soul Seeker & 2 more Master Smith cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 Soul Seekers is a must with Gwen. You probably don't need that many Guardian's Oaths either. Try using Lily instead of Master Smith, you'll get a similar effect, plus the threat of an ally. You can remove a few Rain Delays. I highly recommend adding 2-3 Retreats, they work great with Death Trap.
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the reply,

Question with Lily she only summons the top item from the graveyard right? so if for example I am using a bow, and the bow is sent to the graveyard and in the same turn my Into the Forest or Rain Delay is sent to the Graveyard right after, then the Rain Delay or Into the Forest card would be brought back not the bow? Is this accurate?

As for trashing some of the Rain Delays I found these most helpful on my winning streaks mixed with the Into the Forest cards, because by the time I get a Bow/Rapid fire up on the board I have 5-6 Shadow Energy already, cast a Rain Delay then next turn Into the Forest and then text turn Rain Delay again and then I have another 3 Shadow Energy so I i am using a Soul Seeker bow with no attachment this will have given me 24-28 dmg without taking any myself, only time this hurts is when someone happens to have a destroy item card, but if getting rid of some of the Rain Delay will improve my chances Ill give it a try, and see how it works.

Interesting idea about the Retreats, I think i left them out because its about the same delay for them to use their card as the Rain Delay, only pro with the Retreat! is that they have to use the Resources to cast it agin, the con is its only good for 1 card where Rain Delay effect on all cards on table. Interesting, Ill look into this one as well.

Thanks for the reply.

More ideas/thoughts to improve this deck please, willing to try a lot for a really good deck.
    Last edited by DARKjudgement; 04-06-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do believe the Lily will summon the top "item" the Rain Delay and Into the Forest are both "abilities" therefore lily should only pick the Soul Seeker.

As for the retreats don't forget you can use them on your own allies so you can send lily to your hand and re-summon her to get your Soul Seeker back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, Gwenneth strategies are powerful but linear (ie. easily countered)
    As levels get more competitive most decks start packing item destruction, and chances are when you start using your bows at turn 5 they'll have drawn into their item d cards.
    You can try making it less linear by packing more allies. or increasing your weapon count.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSentinel View Post
    I do believe the Lily will summon the top "item" the Rain Delay and Into the Forest are both "abilities" therefore lily should only pick the Soul Seeker.

As for the retreats don't forget you can use them on your own allies so you can send lily to your hand and re-summon her to get your Soul Seeker back.
    Hmmm okay I always thought they were counted as items because can't destroy item cards like Stop Thief!, and Shriek of Vengeance able to destroy Rainy Delay and Bazaar cards... sorry for all the questions only been playing for a couple months.

As for Retreating Lilly back to your hand nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerOfTruth View Post
    Well, Gwenneth strategies are powerful but linear (ie. easily countered)
    As levels get more competitive most decks start packing item destruction, and chances are when you start using your bows at turn 5 they'll have drawn into their item d cards.
    You can try making it less linear by packing more allies. or increasing your weapon count.
    Yeah that is getting to be my biggest problem right now is the destroy item cards, especially on Rouge & Warrior type who come packed with them already but now to add the Ley Line Nexus to it its a bit depressing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with speaker. it's a very easily countered deck because you know what to expect. the biggest match up threat i see this having is against moonstalker because you can't attack any of their guys while it can just load up and unleash.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While Gwen might not be top tier and does have a few bad matchups, ie: Moonstalker as mentioned, she is GREAT against mages.

Hang in there, DArk, if you're willing to stick with Gwen and put the work in to play quick matches and continually tune your deck, I have no doubt you'll start having more success. You may have to compromise your no ally stance, but getting past 200 rating is certainly possible with Gwen.
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    While Gwen might not be top tier and does have a few bad matchups, ie: Moonstalker as mentioned, she is GREAT against mages.

Hang in there, DArk, if you're willing to stick with Gwen and put the work in to play quick matches and continually tune your deck, I have no doubt you'll start having more success. You may have to compromise your no ally stance, but getting past 200 rating is certainly possible with Gwen.
    Thanka Bayfighter, yeah you are right I am looking into the idea of getting some Lilly cards, been doing some research and watching games played by the top gwen fighters like Steve99 (only know of his name because of the Top Hero Streak thread he has a rank of 270+ and had a win streak of 7)