Close

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Awesome! Are these pics facebook approved or will somebody that was supposed to be at work get in trouble?
    All approved, I have some more pics, Kyle.

To all players whose faces appeared:

If any of you do not wish to have your pics appear at this forum or at shadow era's Facebook page, I would be happy to remove them. I am fairly sure Kyle would do the same or we can photoshop Nishaven or amber's face onto your face.

But i would urge for all to share these great pics!!!

It's my dream to make SE big in singapore and around Asia!

I nearly got to meet Bp index in shanghai, china, but due to luggage overload (I was on company work trip) and luggage/works specifications compelled me to abandon my SE supplies at the very last min.

My next plan is malaysia. It's more or less firmed up, it's only dependent on when I want to go over and if I want to bring cotc or physical dp over. It's dependent on dp physical cards.

And I am eager to go to Thailand and Philippines and meet the players there.

More updates regarding yesterday's meet up coming up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

22nd Oct 2013, Singapore SE Players Meet-up Report!

(From Raph's point of view: I'll let the others fill you in on their own games/happenings)

Well, I was the Organizer so I made sure my ass was at the location way before anyone else. I had the good idea to snap some pics of the store front and entrance so hopefully the players who have not been there do not get lost trying to make their way there. At least, I know I HAD difficulty locating it the very first time I was there.

The store front pics are here: http://www.shadowera.com/showpost.php?p=380736

At 2:45pm, Conquestadore arrived but I already knew my buddy Geckt was going to be a little late due to work. All thanks to the BP Whatsapp group chat app.

Conquestadore (Ogusp's Moonstalker deck) on the left, Raph (FDL's Serena deck) on the Right. You can see one of Conquestadore's resources is 'removed from play' due to his use of shriek. The ipad is our life counter. It's the "Magic Score" App. So far my favorite, since it allows the upload of our SE avatars. Cool.

KMC "Super" sleeves being used here. I really wanted the foil effect to shine through so I stopped using Double Matt ones. KMC's sleeves are IMO the best. (EXCEPT PEARL WHITE, It sucks!!!) I got pwned by Conquestadore's deck; his shriek removed my Black Garb early and it was big trouble for me. You can see my status being used to display Ankle-breaker's effect, as well as dice to indicate the length of disabled status and the respective attack and health of each ally. And yes, the ankle-breaker's dura. Life-beads = Shadow energy. My Serena had tons but can't use hers due to MS's cover.

Geckt (Majiya) on right, Conquestadore (Raph's Hyper Amber Deck) on left.

Amber foil deck?! Gargoryle's atk reduced to zero due to raven. Conquestadore now with 2 wins. Some of us put dice on our resources pile to indicate number of resources. I would usually prefer a bigger mat...

OP Firesnake on board! Raph (Zaladar - inspired by KA Anson and Kakamong) goes first vs Conquestadore (Lance). I also did a t2 BS, but I still lost. Classic Zal vs lance game. Conquestadore's IGG came out on t4, while my MCs were nowhere to be seen...

At around 3:30pm? Shadowborn joined us and played a couple of games. Geckt's Nishaven vs Shadowborn's Boris. (Who won?) Geckt and Shadowborn also played another game. Geckt (Gwen) vs Shadowborn (Zal). Shadowborn's the dude on bottom right.

The usual BP Guild tradition: Family pic at every meetup. Conquestadore, Keropok, Raph and Geckt. Before Keropok arrived, Conquestadore, me and Geckt went for dinner at around 5:15pm. Dinner and chat was good. We talked about each other's lives and also SE guild gossip. LOL. Geckt and I are hungry pigs and went to buy even more snacks after the dinner was over. Geckt bought Hong Kong dim sum and I acquired honey-coated shanghai-style crispy bun stuffed with roasted 'char-siew' pork. Oh yeah, all the 3 of us also had some pretty good Beancurd milk drink.

Berdugo (in brown shirt) came around 645pm. Yeah! I wanna openly thank Berdugo for being a great sport yesterday. It was thanks to him that a lot of things clicked right. So yeah, thanks a lot, bro! Games got underway; while we waited for Frenziedpeon to arrive. Berdugo (Lance) vs Geckt (MS) and Keropok (Gwen) vs Raph (Zhanna). Keropok's game with me went real close. at 1 point, we were 4 life (him) and 2 life (me).

7:45pm! Meltdown gets underway! Frenziedpeon is the handsome dude in the middle on the left row. Leon is the dashing dude on the bottom right. Leon's a really cool guy. He's played SE on his phone but was stroked to see physical cards. He wanted to play it right on the spot! Swell guy. hahah! Geckt quickly refreshed Leon on Meltdown rules and the games got underway. Big thanks to Berdugo who filled in for the sixth player slot. Initially, there were only 4 of us, but with Leon coming in, we were slightly caught off-guard because there was no way we could play a 5 person tourney: the reason being the we only had limited time. It's a complex story but in short, there was no way to create a very short and yet fair format for 5 players.

----------------------------

So hence for the 6 players: we had a Rd 1 Single elimination: to determine the Winners and Losers brackets. I swiftly added more prizes in order to create incentive for winners. So, 1st place = 8 codes, 2nd place = 4 codes, 3rd place = 2 codes, 4th place = 1 code.

2 groups of 3 players were thus formed. The winners of Rd 1 were assured of winning a prize and the players in losers' brackets still had a chance to get the 4th placing.

We rolled D20 dice to determine the 'seeding'. 3 of them rolled '4'. Thanks for complicating the matters, guys. sheesh. Please.

ROTFL. Berdugo rolled 20, hence he's top seed. LOL, but he didn't feel great when he realized who was the 'lowest' seed in Rd 1. LOL. Just joking, really. hahah!

All games were best of 1!

------------------------------------

Leon (Black-Zhanna) vs FrenziedPeon (Green-Banebow?) I provided sleeves, dice, mat and life counter (blue with white scroll wheels).

My dream scene: Everyone's playing SE! In truth, the rest are playing MTG. There's a tourney on that day. It was almost full crowd. These MtG players did come over and checked us out. Here we see Leon (Zhanna) battling Freziedpeon (Banebow?) and Berdugo (Ele) contesting against Keropok (Elad).

----------------------------------

In the winners' bracket:

Raph > Geckt
    Keropok > Raph
    Geckt vs Keropok: did not happen.

It was 11pm at night. We started at 7:30pm. And all games were just Best of 1!!!!

That shows the deep playing levels and skills of all the players available. A lot of games went to the end/close to the end of the decks.

So, in the end, Kero, me and geckt divided the combined pot of 14 codes amongst us. Since Geckt kindly sponsored some codes too, he offered not to accept any prizes. Kero went home with 4.6 codes.

Card of the day: Lone Wolf.

Till next time, everyone! Thank you so much for coming!

I hope everyone had fun!!! It was my pleasure being the TO of the day.

(NOTES: It's likely that we won't be meeting up for June. Unless it's for Beer and food, great suggestion, Berdugo, heh heh.)

(Well, Geckt and I were completely brain dead at the end of the day: but at least our SE addiction was well-fed, heh heh. Not sure how long the euphoria will sustain, heh heh. If Geckt and I gets hungry again, we might just meet up for some games in June, heh heh, but who knows? Won't be at SGCardMart for sure, likely AMK Hub, NEBO Boardgames Cafe)

(I am fairly sure: when DP cards are here, Meltdown's going to be soooooo funnnn....!!!)
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 05-23-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Couple of more Meltdown pics:

Keropok vs Raph. With a rush like that, I still lost.

Raph got milled to death. Those white cards you see on the board are all resources.

Just some aftermath discussions:

1. I know Frenziedpeon got a Foil Ter Adun in one of his packs, I got a foil Anklebreaker too! Yeah!

Did any of you get any epic/good/foils?

(I also had a epic game-changing King's pride which won me my games, heh heh)
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 05-23-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think I gotta be a little more vocal sometimes in RL meet up, I realized I could have given more tips to Leon on the meltdown construction part. seems like he did a great job anyway. Game 1: leon against keropok was already a good show anyone can have an equal footing in the meltdown format, both were playing mill variants which were known to be strong in the format. Berdugo had been blown away by the match till going on despite having no cards in their libraries already. We joked about what could have happened if we're to have more than a copy of eternal renewal.

Also, I'm planning to look for a proper camera for the convention as I think there's definitely going to be some epic pictures. Lol who knows what I may snap up. Repeat after me: TABLE FLIPS!
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckt View Post
    Repeat after me: TABLE FLIPS!
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Psalms 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

A reason to fight. A purpose to defend. A brotherhood to cherish.
    The Warriors of the Blue Phoenix await you right here.

:: My guide to basic deck-building ::

Conquestadore
    :: Warden of the Phoenix Causeway ::
    :: Warrior of the Blue Phoenix ::
    :: Greatness Reborn ::

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckt View Post
    I think I gotta be a little more vocal sometimes in RL meet up, I realized I could have given more tips to Leon on the meltdown construction part. seems like he did a great job anyway. Game 1: leon against keropok was already a good show anyone can have an equal footing in the meltdown format, both were playing mill variants which were known to be strong in the format. Berdugo had been blown away by the match still going on despite having no cards in their libraries already. We joked about what could have happened if we're to have more than a copy of eternal renewal.

Also, I'm planning to look for a proper camera for the convention as I think there's definitely going to be some epic pictures. Lol who knows what I may snap up. Repeat after me: TABLE FLIPS!
    Just joking: but you also didn't get Leon's number so we have no idea how to contact him next time, lol. Then again, none of us were sharp enough to do that.

I hope somehow frenziedpeon managed to get his phone number or forum ID.

That said, if we are ever going to play physical meltdown again, and I am TO again, I am going to do something about mill strategy.

(No, I am not a sore loser!)

Just as in cotc pop ups, millstalker is banned and hence for the same reasons, we need a clamp on mill strategy for cotc meltdown.

I was rushing to kill keropok's lone wolfed elad and got him down to a respectable 12 life, then bam! enrage on elad!

The issue with lone wolf is that sever ties is uncommon and that EA is common. So all the MD decks will pack EA so that their own (cb/cp) allies will die to ea and they can continue to gain life.

And if a round is stalled for too long due to mill decks, then it affects everyone, since all tourney formats for physical games will want to try to get as many games done as possible with the maximum number of players playing at a single moment.

And time is precious. Especially for working guys like us.

I have not decided yet, but maybe I might suggest that if players want to include LW in their deck, the max deck size is 32 or something like that.

Or ban LW totally. Lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Btw, the MVP of the day was definitely Berdugo.

His jokes cracked me up throughout the evening, especially towards the end when Leon and frenziedpeon were leaving. Rotfl.

I was not sure how many of those present got the joke, but it was absolutely hilarious.

Plus, his great suggestion of meeting up, but not playing cards, and just chilling out to have some good food and drinks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post

Plus, his great suggestion of meeting up, but not playing cards, and just chilling out to have some good food and drinks.
    Second that! I'll still bring some boosters nonetheless.
    Guardian of the Riding Hoods
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON OUR GUILD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you sir,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    His jokes cracked me up throughout the evening, especially towards the end when Leon and frenziedpeon were leaving. Rotfl.
    Hey that was half truth (just kidding of course :P )...or I am pertaining to the wrong joke (they left twice y'know).

Anyways,I really had fun with the games and the talks,though I had a bit of a problem going home (I had to find a 24 hour fairprice to buy my kid's foods...then chase the last trip of the bus lol like the amazing race.). Thanks again.looking forward to next time.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berdugo View Post
    ....I had a bit of a problem going home (I had to find a 24 hour fairprice to buy my kid's foods...then chase the last trip of the bus lol like the amazing race.)
    Is that your comedy act, Part 2? LOL.