Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hunt View Post
    I see. You really don't like WotF.

Then an alternative setup can be -3x WotF, -2x Crypt, then +4x SK, +1xSL. This basically goes back to the SK loop used by the original 1.5 deck. It should work too.
    The only decks I like WotF in are mostly threat rolls ("you used your turn to kill two my guys? Have two more").

But what I really wanted to know is related to your obsession with opposing t4 draw power. Why is it that important for this deck to immediately kill a draw engine of all things?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Before Dark Prophecies, I saw MS with 12 or less allies could heal good with Lone Wolf. It could mitigate some of the fast damage that was done early in the game. Usually it is crucial for MS' survival. Late game healing with Regeneration is both expensive and often ineffective because you'll have to play a 4cc card multiple times and it usually doesn't save you at that state.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OP updated with my latest build.

@Airact
    You are right about SK and WotF. After some testing, I found that SK indeed works better since it actually creates card advantage and more importantly guarantees an ally in hand.

@ahmet476
    Right now I use both 3x LW and 3x Regeneration. Because honestly I cannot decide which is more important vs. magi.

@kentuequi
    Against magi, nothing is more painful than a nova which wipe out both my fatties. I was depending on WotF to soften the blow. Now without WotF, I believe fattie with 6HP is essential. So again I copy the Ogloth idea from Ramirez Delgado's thread.
    Last edited by Dylan Hunt; 07-27-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Captain Hunt of the High Guard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP DylanHunt

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    But what I really wanted to know is related to your obsession with opposing t4 draw power. Why is it that important for this deck to immediately kill a draw engine of all things?
    I'd like an answer to this, out of curiosity (as it's not as big of a factor anymore). I don't really get why people are so obsessed with playing and killing draw engines.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I'd like an answer to this, out of curiosity (as it's not as big of a factor anymore). I don't really get why people are so obsessed with playing and killing draw engines.
    Well, to not be overrun by opponent, I guess. It is always a fear for me when I don't have wipe or when opponent has.

With enough draw, opponent can simply play more allies than I can control till it is hopeless. For example, an army of Jasmine, Raven and Aldon/EP behind Aeon. Even if I can keep PB + Tiger in play, I will only be able to kill Aeon and one 4hp ally at the cost of my Tiger. But what if opponent just play another Aeon and some small ally since he is at 10+ resources too?

Another example, a little extreme, is a mage uses 2-3 novas in a row to kill my fatties in pairs till I run out of hp and/or cards. I have to keep healing and playing threats at the same time which is almost impossible.

In both cases, I want to draw as many or more than opponent for those critical turns so that I will outlast my opponent.
    Last edited by Dylan Hunt; 07-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Dylan Hunt,
    The deck "Behemoth's Resurrection" was published more than one year ago, therefore I feel honored to see that you found it. When DP came out I thougth about making a new version (something like 4xFT+4xSK or 4xTW+4xSK) but in A1 I received so many inspiration that I build new decks and strategies.

The strategy of my deck was the parent of the millstalker, using WBT+EA+LW as main cards and using PB's + SK as distraction. Later on the PB's disappeared and some more stealth cards like RD were added and voila. The only difference to the born Millstalker of cwhittastic was that he integrated Bazaar. Therefore your deck has some other philosophy but I like it.

Here some advices to your deck:
    - Concerning allies I would -1 Ogloth and +1 SK because SK loop is very powerful. And SK is also +1 extra draw.

- T4 Lone Wolf is still a main step in your strategy therefore you should put +1 Lone Wolf into your deck to highen the chance.

- I personally use in my MS decks only 2 Spectral Sabre (-1 SS). Normally you destroy attachments, so its only Anti-warrior/-wulven and for other heroes sac.

- I like SL in combination with WotF or TW, in this deck I would reduce SL to 2 (-1 SL). If your 5cc fatty stays on board you will not like to use SL.

- From my feeling I see some tempo lost in T3 because besides BM (or maybe NYM) there are no valuable 3cc cards.
    A1's Darkwolf - A1: Evolution in Theory
    Season 7 QM: TOP 81 rank
    Season 6 QM: TOP 15 + TOP 19 rank
    Season 5 QM: TOP 46 rank

Published decks: Moonstalker Behemoth's Resurrection

IGN: A1 Ramirez

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez Delgado View Post
    Hi Dylan Hunt,
    The deck "Behemoth's Resurrection" was published more than one year ago, therefore I feel honored to see that you found it. When DP came out I thougth about making a new version (something like 4xFT+4xSK or 4xTW+4xSK) but in A1 I received so many inspiration that I build new decks and strategies.

The strategy of my deck was the parent of the millstalker, using WBT+EA+LW as main cards and using PB's + SK as distraction. Later on the PB's disappeared and some more stealth cards like RD were added and voila. The only difference to the born Millstalker of cwhittastic was that he integrated Bazaar. Therefore your deck has some other philosophy but I like it.

Here some advices to your deck:
    - Concerning allies I would -1 Ogloth and +1 SK because SK loop is very powerful. And SK is also +1 extra draw.

- T4 Lone Wolf is still a main step in your strategy therefore you should put +1 Lone Wolf into your deck to highen the chance.

- I personally use in my MS decks only 2 Spectral Sabre (-1 SS). Normally you destroy attachments, so its only Anti-warrior/-wulven and for other heroes sac.

- I like SL in combination with WotF or TW, in this deck I would reduce SL to 2 (-1 SL). If your 5cc fatty stays on board you will not like to use SL.

- From my feeling I see some tempo lost in T3 because besides BM (or maybe NYM) there are no valuable 3cc cards.
    Hi Ramirez.

So glad to hear advice from the creator of the original Behemoth deck.

I do feel I sacrifice Ogloth very often, due to its high cost. The only value of Ogloth to me is its 6HP so it doesn't die to nova. I will try switching it for another SK.

I still cannot decide between Regeneration and LW. Sometimes, one is better, sometimes the other is better. I know 4xLW + 2xReg works great in some match-ups.

The primary reason that I use 3x Sabre is because I want to be able to kill Aeon or the new Gunther with just 1 PB. Attachment removal is only a secondary reason.

I am not sure about cutting SL. Both SK and Crypt draw from graveyard. And once Ms goes into stealth mode, BM doesn't work any more. So SL is the only way for me to draw new cards from my deck outside of one draw per turn.

As for T3, I typically play NYM on Aldon or MA. But sometimes a CP on DMT or CoI can also be a very good move since they are unique. What would you recommend for T3, DMT?
    Last edited by Dylan Hunt; 08-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still cannot decide between Regeneration and LW. Sometimes, one is better, sometimes the other is better. I know 4xLW + 2xReg works great in some match-ups.
    Does it make sense to play a Lone Wolf in the middle phase or end phase of a game? I would say no. You are board fighting with your opponent, no time to lose 4 resources while your opponent strenghts his board side. I see it as a good card in the pre-fighting phase. In Behemoths Resurrection I can decide after playing LW if to play allies or only use WBT (especially against mages).

Are there any matchups where you wouldn't like to play Lone Wolf in T4?

I am not sure about cutting SL. Both SK and Crypt draw from graveyard. And once Ms goes into stealth mode, BM doesn't work any more. So SL is the only way for me to draw new cards from my deck outside of one draw per turn.
    I have playtested with your deck and the strategy is straight forward: collect SE until you can hide for 2-3 turns, then play a fatty and keep him hidden until he has cleaned up opponents board side.
    If your opponent spams the boards with allies (and he has 2-3 turns ahead in beginning), you will have a hard time, if your opponent has enough steam to keep spamming (lets say a WotF Banebow style). You kill one, he summons one, no change.
    The second problem are control decks: you play a hidden fatty and your opponent can deal with it (Retreat, Banish, The perfect shot, Poison Arrow, CP, CB on SK, etc.). Without SE this playstyle stumbles.

I believe you will not use SL on an untouched fatty because your win strategy relies on him. Therefore this card is very situational as draw engine.

I managed to win games against low rank players, but in competitive scene it would be a challenge.
    What I want to say: there is no fallback (like EA+WBT) if the deck strategy gets countered. I'm a fan of a rather toolbox approach.

As for T3, I typically play NYM on Aldon or MA. But sometimes a CP on DMT or CoI can also be a very good move since they are unique. What would you recommend for T3, DMT?
    I dunno. Your deck has a theme and if you add 3cc allies (lets say for lesser 5cc allies or Regen or LW) then this theme is weaker. By adding more allies you come back to the standard, you then should add WotF etc.
    Your only valid T3 card is NYM to slow down opponents board presence, Artyle's crypt is a dead invest, CP maybe but rather for certain allies (Jasmine etc.). I could now say, include some WBT, but then you will come more and more back to my deck and it should stay your own as creator.
    Last edited by Ramirez Delgado; 08-13-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    A1's Darkwolf - A1: Evolution in Theory
    Season 7 QM: TOP 81 rank
    Season 6 QM: TOP 15 + TOP 19 rank
    Season 5 QM: TOP 46 rank

Published decks: Moonstalker Behemoth's Resurrection

IGN: A1 Ramirez

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks Dylan Hunt.
    Your deck is awesome.
    However, I used Wrath of forest instead of Sacrificial Lamb. Because of SK loop, and I can draw without using Tiger Wulf + Sacrificial Lamb combo.
    My ID : Marcus147