Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ragosonos if you don't understand my point I give up. I don't have the mood or patience or time to argue with you. However its nice to see how you are defending her.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Question I still have is did anyone get PPstars side of the story? Also if telegram is where the majority is weighing towards should it be ran by wulven authority, or by Trust that A1 will always be fair and biased. Also I have no issues with IRC . It's not ancient, it's not dead. I also strongly feel imo that the community did not really have any say either to weigh in this matter before A1 started to announce that Telegram is the main community hub to chat in. I hope to see more weigh in on this matter. Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's the thing... This isnt official wulven its a telegram ran by Caitlin. She can do what she pleased with it and if people don't like it, it's not hard to create a new one. I'm not really down with kicking people, but hey not my chat so who am I or anyone else to say she shouldn't or can't.
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess room size is the biggest concern. Then again, it's so easy to create new rooms for a given event if needed (say the 50+ players WC qualifiers).

I would agree that moderation of the channels used for Wulven sponsored events should be done by a Wulven appointed person, but I don't mind at all if that he/she is guild affiliated. (like SamJ handling the sponsorships, or when Demchi was forums moderator) Just a little word from Wulven that said person (i.e. Cait) is the go-to for moderation questions would go a long way.

This involves a certain level of commitment from the moderator(s) though.

And IRC was indeed inconvenient. Granted I did not spend a whole lot of time trying to improve my experience (the one client I d/l'd kept crashing), but the new messaging apps are pretty sweet in comparison.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *Keep in mind I may be a bit biased being from A1 and what not, but I tried not to be here*

Ignoring what happened (because I have no idea of it outside this thread, so I won't pretend like I do), here's my thoughts on the matter.

Having a Wulven official wouldn't really change much in my opinion, even when I was the Community Manager or a simple forums moderator, I would constantly be under fire for doing things that a moderator should do. Be it officially by wulven or not, the person in role of admin will be doing the same things regardless. It will always be open to abuse, rather that person is from a guild or not (also I think its a bit much to assume that people are always only out to benefit their guild through any action necessary. There are plenty of guilds and people in these guilds that have great integrity, and shouldn't be blindly judged because they happened to be in a guild). In the end, it's up to the community rather or not to use this channel hosted by Caitlyn, or ignore it and make a new channel with someone you feel is fit for the job. It's simply a matter of trust, regardless of whom is "in charge".

As for the issue with using IRC over Telegram, I'm pretty sure there are people whom have admin rights over on the IRC Channel as well that could do the same thing here. Regardless, I think the reason people are switching over to Telegram is simply because it is more modern feeling in look and in function. It's much easier to understand and use, which is why people will naturally gravitate towards it. The whole point of having either of these programs is to have a place to chat it up with other Shadow Era players because the game still lacks it's own place to do so. So honestly all we really need is a chat room and both fill this role, but Telegram is easier to use, which is why the switch is happening I would say. Personally speaking, the only issue I see with Telegram is the room size limit (and that you initially sign up with a phone number, but after that, your username is used for everything else, no one else gets to see it). But you may feel differently, and speak up if you do. That's the only way this particular "choice" will be made.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cars are a massive source of death, but we can't say "cars are wrong, carts were better" because of that. At the same time Telegram can be used in a wrong way but all in all seemed better than IRC for the community during this trial period.
    Wulven should take a stand about that, but in the meantime dedicated TG groups for tournaments seem to work fine. I am not in the controversial group though, so I don't know who was wrong between Caytlin or the banned guy. Either way, we can still play tournaments without it.
    TG group admins may abuse of that in future, but I guess Wulven will use its own groups to organize official tournaments. Or go back with IRC if they feel it won't work.
    But the real problem is that if we had to wait Wulven for something good to happen in this game we would wait too much. So we must accept initiatives from guilds, even if they may be biased by personal or "guildish" interests. If I have to choose between Telegram chat handled by a random guild OR nothing, I still go with the first option.
    And worrying about the 200-people cap is LOL ... IRC has the same problem with private rooms, but it enforces a smaller 100-people cap instead. And by the time this game will see tournaments with 3 digit numbers of players, then they will hopefully have developed an in-game chat to handle them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormshade View Post
    Question I still have is did anyone get PPstars side of the story? Also if telegram is where the majority is weighing towards should it be ran by wulven authority, or by Trust that A1 will always be fair and biased. Also I have no issues with IRC . It's not ancient, it's not dead. I also strongly feel imo that the community did not really have any say either to weigh in this matter before A1 started to announce that Telegram is the main community hub to chat in. I hope to see more weigh in on this matter. Thanks
    Yes. A1 Caitlyn0 talked to him and he responded by calling her a bitch.
    If we had a Wulven rep it would never be moderated (lol wulven time jokes) and this is a public chat availible to everyone and not only for Shadow Era but for public general chat. If any rules are broken or a member acts out of line then the head admin of the channel (Caitlyn) is informed and acts to that. It isn't much of a A1 dictatorship but the community can also have a say if we have the reasons as to why a certain member was kicked.
    Also IRC is an outdated platform of communication and as an old IOS user it is very inconvinient to have to login after every match from IRC since IOS does not have a background running feature much like Android does.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow Era General Chat is an unofficial chat room created by Caitlyn so she can do whatever she wants with it. It's not an official Wulven channel.
    Whoever wants to create another chat room and talk about Shadow Era can do it.
    I'm actually in that chat, but I'm not reading it (too much spam, I have no time to follow it) so I don't know what happened exactly, but I guess it isn't related to the game, a part from the fact that the people involved are players.

Telegram is better than IRC, no question.
    The limit of 200 people may be a problem for the tournament chat, but you can always remove inactive players and then add them back if they want to take part in a tournament. I doubt we'll ever see a tournament with 200+ players.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohi2222 View Post
    Ragosonos if you don't understand my point I give up. I don't have the mood or patience or time to argue with you. However its nice to see how you are defending her.
    At all dude we are friends and I didn't want to argue :-). I understand your point very right and I am saying what I think is true supported with facts.

@Lucas : yeah man u summed what I wanted to say and I totally agree with you , I didn't want to mention the bitch part tho ..

@storm : man learn it from me lol , ppstar is very good at making you feel he's the most innocent man on earth so plz plz keep it in mind , I personally chatted with him and he persuaded me with all his points of views and I tried my best to help him at many things related to this drama and many things that he know and I treated him so well till he did this incident and I knew him really .. so know it man .. just stick to the facts in this type of problems tho I didn't want it to be public at all.. people love it to be a secret when they do sth wrong
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To the issue of banning players from chat, I cannot speak to the justification of said ban since I have not seen both sides of the story. However, what is known is said player was signed up to play in a tournament and could not do so. He was not banned from participating in tournaments by Wulven. He was banned from participating by Caitlyn by virtue of not being able to use the platform on which the tournament was being held. Which begs the question, are we to make tournaments with certain players banned from participating?

To the issue of Telegram having a member cap. The member cap alone is not big enough to hold the likes of BP or KA, which are single guilds let alone the entire SE community. It's not a matter of *if* the member cap is reached but *when.* And if/when the entire SE community decides to use Telegram, who gets to determine who is welcome and who isn't? This fact alone is enough to warrant the continued use of IRC over Telegram. To the misinformation about IRC having a cap, it doesn't. There are currently 855 users online in ##math as I write this.

To the claims of IRC being "outdated" and Telegram being "better," they are purely subjective at best. It can just as easily be said that IRC is better and Telegram is not user friendly. No argument can be made against either since it comes down to personal preference.

To the issue of logging in after every match using IRC. I would recommend using IRCCloud. It saves login information and chatroom/chat history. Problem solved.