Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When did we get a 3d battlefield?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Once the rest of the art is added, it's done, aside from possible wording tweaks before printing."

He didn't mention anything about the set completion waiting for printing. This is just what's done before its printed physically, not released digitally.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i still check into these forums every now and then, and usually i just silently observe these types of threads. but as of late, there's been a surge in the general dissatisfaction by traditionally nonvocal, or slow-to-anger members. so i thought i'd just weigh in. again.

@gondorian: i'm sure you get this often, i know i've held discussion with you about this before, but the response you gave in this thread is just not totally pertinent to the situation. it's a reverberation of the same old topic: "the cards are almost done, your kickstarter won't be in vain." but through all the discussions held on this topic; most have not started out just about the not-so-new cards. They're about the kickstarter in general. the lack of company contact. the snail's pace of updates. the new features promised and hinted at a year ago.

the only new features in the game that i am personally aware of is a new title screen with some animated snow, a daily log-in bonus, and some "watch video, receive crystals" advertising scheme that is iOS only. now, don't get me wrong, that is something, but we were promised auctioning. updated deck builders. profiles, visuals, groups, and a campaign mode. some of these things are DIFFICULT to program; i can attest to that. but they are all possible to program over the course of a year, with some hard work and attrition. if even just one of these big features was implemented within the year, then i think attitudes would be much brighter.

now, i want to draw your attention to something. at the very bottom of the kickstarter page is a section that outlines how Wulven, as a company, planned to tackle the design process. Quoted:

...But the real exciting part is of course all the new features! The Kickstarter will be funding the hiring of new fulltime developers and artists so we can drastically improve the presentation quality of the game. Each major feature is designed to be developed and implemented independently, so the risk of failure is greatly reduced. We'll be giving previews of each feature on the test server as we go, so we can gather valuable feedback and insight from our fans!
    let's break this down.

...But the real exciting part is of course all the new features! The Kickstarter will be funding the hiring of new fulltime developers and artists so we can drastically improve the presentation quality of the game. Each major feature is designed to be developed and implemented independently, so the risk of failure is greatly reduced. We'll be giving previews of each feature on the test server as we go, so we can gather valuable feedback and insight from our fans!
    So has this happened? at the moment, it seems the money has not been used at all to hire in-house artists, as art is STILL being licensed from third parties. and development of features has been so painfully slow, it is extremely unlikely programmers were hired either. so where has that money gone? i know this isn't a question you even have an answer to, but that's a huge part of the problem. even the man who has been relegated to be the community/company bridge doesn't even know what is going on half the time. we need more contact. All of us.

Then why is the go to excuse have to deal with the card set? in nearly every thread, your answer to the all the FUD is that "the card set is almost done, don't worry! when it's finished, we can branch our efforts!". but this was NEVER supposed to be the case. design was, at least as far as the community was aware, NOT supposed to be linear. i know that what this part of the text actually refers to is programming development, to make sure that all new features were programmed on their own infrastructure; but this still raises the question of why the development timeline is not independent itself. what about the cards specifically is stopping programmers for tackling new features? card design and engine improvements are not co-dependent; one should not effect the other.

Where are the previews? this year started genuine enough, with somewhat persistent updates showing tidbits of things to come. always promised to be coming "soon". but never has the community really gotten to sink its teeth into any of these features par the login screen, which is...well, just a login screen. the steak that was promised to be delivered was just a chunk of some fat. and nothing else was delivered to, as the kickstarter quote put it, "parse feedback". i will admit, the posts that were made were valuable, as it let us know the direction you were taking "3-D battlefield" in, and we were able to voice our opinion as a community. but after that it was almost as if you didn't WANT to hear our feedback anymore, because you simply stopped posting.

listen, i say all this with respect. i want nothing but the best for the game. but you don't improve through feeding programmed replies to a frustrated community, and the community can't HELP the game improve by not asking questions. i hope you take the time to understand this post, in its entirety, and really delve into these problems with the man you work for. take the time to iron things out; not just how you engage the community, but your business plan and the future of the game itself. like, if the near future of the game doesn't lie in releasing new cards AT ALL (and i'm starting to believe that it seriously does NOT), then that might end up being better for the game. if you can use that time to instead strengthen your engine and implement new features that draw more players and provide more to do, the the time spent is infinitely more valuable.

-Ekoz.
    Last edited by Ekoz; 01-11-2015 at 08:18 AM.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll add that news was previously released via podcast, but this stopped in the summer along with most other momentum on the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoz View Post
    i still check into these forums every now and then, and usually i just silently observe these types of threads. but as of late, there's been a surge in the general dissatisfaction by traditionally nonvocal, or slow-to-anger members. so i thought i'd just weigh in. again.

@gondorian: i'm sure you get this often, i know i've held discussion with you about this before, but the response you gave in this thread is just not totally pertinent to the situation. it's a reverberation of the same old topic: "the cards are almost done, your kickstarter won't be in vain." but through all the discussions held on this topic; most have not started out just about the not-so-new cards. They're about the kickstarter in general. the lack of company contact. the snail's pace of updates. the new features promised and hinted at a year ago.

the only new features in the game that i am personally aware of is a new title screen with some animated snow, a daily log-in bonus, and some "watch video, receive crystals" advertising scheme that is iOS only. now, don't get me wrong, that is something, but we were promised auctioning. updated deck builders. profiles, visuals, groups, and a campaign mode. some of these things are DIFFICULT to program; i can attest to that. but they are all possible to program over the course of a year, with some hard work and attrition. if even just one of these big features was implemented within the year, then i think attitudes would be much brighter.

now, i want to draw your attention to something. at the very bottom of the kickstarter page is a section that outlines how Wulven, as a company, planned to tackle the design process. Quoted:

let's break this down.

So has this happened? at the moment, it seems the money has not been used at all to hire in-house artists, as art is STILL being licensed from third parties. and development of features has been so painfully slow, it is extremely unlikely programmers were hired either. so where has that money gone? i know this isn't a question you even have an answer to, but that's a huge part of the problem. even the man who has been relegated to be the community/company bridge doesn't even know what is going on half the time. we need more contact. All of us.

Then why is the go to excuse have to deal with the card set? in nearly every thread, your answer to the all the FUD is that "the card set is almost done, don't worry! when it's finished, we can branch our efforts!". but this was NEVER supposed to be the case. design was, at least as far as the community was aware, NOT supposed to be linear. i know that what this part of the text actually refers to is programming development, to make sure that all new features were programmed on their own infrastructure; but this still raises the question of why the development timeline is not independent itself. what about the cards specifically is stopping programmers for tackling new features? card design and engine improvements are not co-dependent; one should not effect the other.

Where are the previews? this year started genuine enough, with somewhat persistent updates showing tidbits of things to come. always promised to be coming "soon". but never has the community really gotten to sink its teeth into any of these features par the login screen, which is...well, just a login screen. the steak that was promised to be delivered was just a chunk of some fat. and nothing else was delivered to, as the kickstarter quote put it, "parse feedback". i will admit, the posts that were made were valuable, as it let us know the direction you were taking "3-D battlefield" in, and we were able to voice our opinion as a community. but after that it was almost as if you didn't WANT to hear our feedback anymore, because you simply stopped posting.

listen, i say all this with respect. i want nothing but the best for the game. but you don't improve through feeding programmed replies to a frustrated community, and the community can't HELP the game improve by not asking questions. i hope you take the time to understand this post, in its entirety, and really delve into these problems with the man you work for. take the time to iron things out; not just how you engage the community, but your business plan and the future of the game itself. like, if the near future of the game doesn't lie in releasing new cards AT ALL (and i'm starting to believe that it seriously does NOT), then that might end up being better for the game. if you can use that time to instead strengthen your engine and implement new features that draw more players and provide more to do, the the time spent is infinitely more valuable.

-Ekoz.
    ^ thiS
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyMouser View Post
    In red the Major features missing from Kickstarter:

With the new set, we also plan to introduce several major new features:

Campaign Mode - Every hero will have a unique campaign to play through that sheds light on their backstory. Campaign missions will have a variety of unique win conditions and alternate game modes, as well as many new campaign-only cards. Read more

3d Battlefield - The entire game interface will be overhauled, including a great looking battlefield rendered in 3d to complement the gorgeous cards. No longer just a mobile game, all aspects of Shadow Era will be polished to look great on high end PCs.

Tournament System - Enter the automated tournament queues to win big prizes and bragging rights! Featuring constructed, draft, and meltdown tournaments, you're sure to be up for a challenge! Read more

Player Auctions - To complement the in-game merchant, players will be able to trade cards for gold using the new auction system. Operated like a stock market with bids and asks, getting rid of your extra cards or finding that card you need will get a whole lot easier.

Improved Deck Builder - Building great decks is half the fun of any TCG! The aging deck builder will be improved to add new features to let you build new decks with ease.

Player Profiles - Show off your skills and find more about who you're up against! Full player profiles will be visible including statistics, new badges and titles.

Guilds and Leagues - The competition is uniting and you must do the same! Join a guild for fame and glory, and compete in the new multiplayer ranking system featuring leagues.

Last Developer update was on July 23 2014
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...card-gam/posts

We've been hard at work on the major new features. You can check out the public test server now for the new targeting system, playmats, and the automated tournament system. We're planning to push these features live in a few weeks. Up next is the single player campaigns!
    The 3D battlefield and improved deck builder haven't been implemented either. That whole list should be red.