Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Buff logan already!!!

So ter got a new tool with LL2 and now he seems happy enough. But what about his mate Logan? I know this game has some no errata policy which doesnt allow changes to old cards but man we need it. This Logan guy is just unplayable and this is not good for the game in terms of balance and diversity. I think this is a digital game and previously released cards should be looked at.

Now i know they made many attempts to buff Logan with Pithing spear and sledgehammer but all have gone in vain. I think the reason for him failing so consistently is that his ability is just not good for a 4SE and requirement of a weapon which again not always can land you a kill.
    For example im running a JD which is a good weapon but with his ability i cant kill a dakrath or fortified wisp. Now you may say that you can use pithing spear and a shadow ally to get 3 attack and kill anything but hey! Now i need an ally too? Plus how am i supposed to kill an ally with tome of blessing and safe return for example which has 3 dmg redux?

Do you not agree his ability could be justified better if it were atleast If it was:when logan enters combat with opposing ally that ally is killed (or better exiled to give him some flavor) and weapon loses 1 durability. At least this way he could get consistent output from his ability.

Further, instead of the +1 damage to weapon he could really use some nice ability such as-
    1. Support abilities cost you 1 less resource. as warriors have a lot of them.
    OR
    2 Friendly warrior allies have +1 attack.
    Etc.

I really want this guy to come into play for the betterment of SE and i think the only way to do so is to change his ability and discarding that no errata policy.

What do you guys think about it?
    WC 2018, WC 2019 Finalist
    IGN - RS Flameborn
    Telegram - rs_flameborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem with Logan is he is a weapon hero who cries at night wishing he could be a real weapon hero.

Every other weapon hero has a better usage of their ability that Logan. They all buff their weapons some how to deal more damage. Logan though can only hit one time with high attack (+1 -_-) and that has to be used to kill an ally.

The problem with Logan is that we may never be able to see a buff made becaus it might be too good for Amber.

The new cards are far better for Amber than Logan. Braxnorian Weaponsmith means nothing pulling a JD for Logan when he had to hit with it at 1 attack. War cry is meaningless with Logan as well.

Really, you can’t escape the fact that the main issue is Logan ability. It just is not good.

Maybe devs can work on something Shadow specific for him to excel. What that can be I have no idea. You would just have to make sure whatever it is that Amber can’t use it.
    "Is he a man? Or, is he a mango?" - Gondorian

Join our Telegram Community.

Join Shadow Era on Social Media: Facebook|Twitter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even if they do come up with something, barring they break the "no errata" "rule", it would require an extra card, which will inherently mean he will still be worse than the other weapon heroes right now.
    Currently 53-20 in organized play for 2018

Black Templars - No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yup. Logan is one of the prime examples of how hard it is to balance Shadow Era.

3 Shadow Energy for his ability, nasty. 4 Shadow Energy for his ability, garbage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you tried Logan with exile theme? warped desert, reserve weapon, sledgehammer… new war giant can be good option as well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It’s a gimmick. Not reliable.

Just as easy to lose your best cards with the location.

You can go on great runs with some luck but otherwise, it isn’t something you can play for solid results. If you want to play something for fun, sure. Most people though want to play for ladder results.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    Yup. Logan is one of the prime examples of how hard it is to balance Shadow Era.

3 Shadow Energy for his ability, nasty. 4 Shadow Energy for his ability, garbage.
    That’s not the whole story. When Logan was 3 SE then Blood Frenzy was 2cc and Sever Ties didn’t even exist.

They changed 3 things at once, which is a prime example of how not to balance. Logan at 3 se would be fine - in the same way that other weapon heroes like Gwen, Amber, Darkclaw & Serena are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maximont - Seeker of Truth
    Knight of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You think 3 SE for an ally kill would be ok? I always felt that it was too good for 3SE.

I was not around at that point if the game though so I have no idea what his ability was or what it cost. I’m sure the change was made based on the state of the game at the time.

It is too bad because Logan just might not ever see much competitive play without a huge change.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) 3rd Place Maximont's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think so. Garth is comparable as he pretty much has 3 se for an ally kill. It’s not quite the guaranteed ally kill that Logan has, but close and he can use weapon, ally or ability with SE ability, compared to Logan who can use only weapon. So overall about the same power level but one is 3se and one is 4se.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maximont - Seeker of Truth
    Knight of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SEF Mango View Post
    The problem with Logan is that we may never be able to see a buff made becaus it might be too good for Amber.
    Not true!

Amber can buff weapons but not "gain any other bonus".

So it´s easy to make weapon directly for Logan:

for example
    Logan's dagger:
    3cc
    0attc / 2 dur
    When Logan's dagger kills an ally it gets +1 attack (or +2 but it can be too much). When you controll an ally, Logan's dagger do not lose durability.

Or

When Logan's dagger kills an ally it gets +1 attack and your hero is readied. When you play an ally, Logan´s dagger gets +1 durability.

any weapon with 0base attack which buff attack on kill is not that good for Amber and is good for Logan and Rothem (and we know that it´s not bad :-).
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !