Close

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Sorry - one more question for now: will you be releasing the SP campaign and the rest of LL before the hand-over / sale?

Automated tournaments and initial release of single player campaigns (not all missions) - yes before the sale opens.
    Rest of LL - no.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    What are you basing that opinion on? Valuations of startups without products are determined by best guesses based on the industry and revenue potential. Valuations of existing companies are based on assets minus liabilities and a multiple of earnings or profit. I can show you a handful of other games and you may say "there is no way that game is worth that much" yet they raised millions. If after the financials are provided and you disagree with the valuation, you don't have to buy it. But making comments like this with zero info is not helpful.
    I'll happily eat my words if I am wrong. I'm just looking at a game that is obviously struggling in a competitive environment. I think it'll be hard for investors to ever make their money back. But again I'll definitely admit I'm wrong if you prove it to us.

I also admit scam was a poor word choice. Poor investment more accurately describes my feelings
    Last edited by TJ dubdub; 05-27-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    IGN: TJ dubdub
    TG: @tjdubdub

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm sure kyle intentions are good yes there were mistakes but he is trying to keep shadow era alive by taking a gamble and selling rights to the community idk if this will make things better or worse but all you players who keep asking where is the next update can shut up now if you want things to speed up here is your snswer so stop hating unless this becomes a scam

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If the game is indeed profitable atm, why the long drawn out process of converting it into Shadow Tokens? Why not just hire some programmers and take more of a director's approach? You have had free Development Team support forever. Also you can't really get mad at people for calling you out on all the broken promises throughout the years. Tbh this sounds like another kickstarter for a 6 year old company and I highly doubt you get much interest. But hey gl with all that.
    I am sad this game went nowhere but theres only one person to blame tbh.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully I can stay involved in this next phase, if the Board of Directors and token holders want me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll be looking at the offerings. Been looking to get into stocks and trading, there's probably no product I know better.

Cautiously optimistic
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    If the game is indeed profitable atm, why the long drawn out process of converting it into Shadow Tokens? Why not just hire some programmers and take more of a director's approach? You have had free Development Team support forever. Also you can't really get mad at people for calling you out on all the broken promises throughout the years. Tbh this sounds like another kickstarter for a 6 year old company and I highly doubt you get much interest. But hey gl with all that.
    I am sad this game went nowhere but theres only one person to blame tbh.
    I feel it's time for me to step down. Either I'm selling it to another company and Shadow Era dies, or the players get a chance to own a part of the game they love and have a real say in its development. I simply can't do it any more...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It has become painfully clear over the past few years that I have been severely limiting the game's progress as a bottleneck.
    Are you willing to elaborate on this a bit more? Why has this been the case? I know some people may see this as "making excuses" but I am more interested in particular events/occurrences, rather than opinions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Thanks, Kyle.

Are you willing to elaborate on this a bit more? Why has this been the case? I know some people may see this as "making excuses" but I am more interested in particular events/occurrences, rather than opinions.
    The sole owner of a company has a fool for a boss. Or something like that...

Honestly I haven't been able to focus on the game properly for years due to personal issues. Yes development teams were hired, great progress was made, features sitting at 90% done and then I can't finish the integration. I'm not suggesting there is anyone else to blame for slow progress, on the contrary, that is my whole point...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The way i see it, this game still has plenty of potential. It's still easily the best card game on the market, it's just limited by slow development. I'm with streets ahead on this, I'd like to hear more, and I'll consider investing. I'd also love to work on a design team; I'd like to at least try applying.

To those saying how this is a joke, a scam, or a poor investment, I might try to suggest you curb that anger for now. If you don't want to invest, then don't invest, that's your prerogative. You have anger towards Kyle, that's fair, but Kyle is passing on the reigns. The whole point of this is that there will be a new group of people in charge of shadow era, which means changes WILL happen. Policy changes can occur as well, such as the disagreement with physical cards? Or the refusal to rebalance the first set? All of that can start to be changed based on the shareholders decisions, but moreover, things will actually change based on a working development team doing programming.

I do have one question for Kyle for right now however, and I would hope for a clear and honest answer. Exactly how much of last lands part 2 has been developed and tested? And how much of the campaign has been developed?
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox