Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rapture in the Lonely Shore

This is a mill deck. Your objective is to exhaust your opponents deck.

To use this deck to do so, you'll want to time Harbinger of the Lost, Crystal Shards, Wave Collapse and Praxix to make the most of Reverberate.

You have ample draw here in the form of allies (Falseblood Cultist) and items (Crystal Shards).

Knowing what not to sacrifice is important. Never sac both Soul Reaper, or All Hope is Lost. Try not to sacrifice allies if you can help it. Skip sacrificing is sometimes okay, because you're aiming for around a max of 8-10 resources. Any more than that is excessive.

You'll want to take a beating early on. Seriously. Let your opponent waste as many cards on you and your allies as possible. Dont go throwing Wave Collapse on just anything. Save them just in case your opponent actually managed to get their fattie in their hand. Time your discards to make the most of Reverberate, while digging for a Soul Reaper.

Once you can no longer take the heat off Praxix, and you are certain your opponent can finish you next turn and there is nothing else you can do about it, pop Soul Reaper. By this time, both decks should be in the low teens or single digits.

From here, All hope is lost is your heavy hitter. At 8 resources, you can deal 40 damage by rotating these cards if your opponents deck is empty.

A few words
    I've tinkered around with Praxix since his release, and have tried many different combinations using support from Shattered Fates. Notably, a few of those cards have been mentioned below but Reverberate really shined during play testing. It accelerated the ability to discard the opponents deck without drawing to much attention from the opposition (probably due to its duration).

Redux Channel, although allowing for awesome combinations with Transference and Praxix, proved to be to situational because of the possibility of encountering solo and/or semi-solo decks. It also proved itself to be counterintuitive even when facing ally dependent decks. This would be a much better card if it allowed you to target your own grave, but that would be a little op in this deck for the cost.

Energy Extraction is amazing. Allowing you to deal damage to the hero while dumping your allies for heal potential, but the additional cost proved to stall the overall objective of milling by slowing down Praxix. If the additional SE cost had been replaced by a deck discard instead, this card would be golden.

Living Armor is very versitile and really has the ability to quickly get you out of almost any nasty pinch, but then becomes top priority for you opponent next turn, and is usually dealt with quite easily. It does discard but from your hand, which can be useful sometimes but this card is so expensive it hurts.

Dagger of Fate is great if going for an agro build, but beating up on anything isn't the overall objective of this deck.

Note
    Do not make the mistake of thinking that Falseblood Cultist will activate Reverberate. Remember that Reverberate will only trigger if a card has been discarded from your deck, not your hand.

Do not worry if both Soul Reaper have hit your grave. Remember that Soul Reaper has a casting cost of 3cc, and therefore can be targeted by Mimic.

Do not sacrifice Eternal Renewal when facing an 80+ card deck. Eternal Renewal is here to allow you to mill larger decks. So, in a sense, this can become a possible 100 card deck, allowing you to reuse your ammunition for a 'second round'. Make sure to keep track of your sacrifices when playing this card. You don't want to get stuck attempting to dig for a card only to realize that it isn't there because you've sacrificed it early on.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 10-30-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice write up!
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice format

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While climbing, I ran into an onslaught of Aramia Wisp decks. Anyone have any suggestions on dealing with buffed Aetherborn Wisp and Fortified Wisp hiding behind Fatebreak Familiar and Stoneskin without slowing Down the tempo and/or watering down the deck with a horde of ally removal and/or cheap abilities?

The only thing I can think of right off hand is The Harder They Fall.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 10-31-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Umm mind control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    also stoneskin you can deal with easily: just ping with another ability before you mind control (like Praxixx's damage). Energy Discharge can also work in an emergency if there are a lot of allies out. It does not target allies, so it bypasses stoneskin. Wave Collapse also works, although probably not the best choice vs those Aramia buffing decks. unless you can kill right after the collapse.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by betrayal4life View Post
    Umm mind control
    Doesn't work against Stoneskin. Mind Control is also a very resource hungry card at 5cc. The turnout is great if it goes through, but is usually the only move that will be made that turn with its high cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    also stoneskin you can deal with easily: just ping with another ability before you mind control (like Praxixx's damage). Energy Discharge can also work in an emergency if there are a lot of allies out. It does not target allies, so it bypasses stoneskin. Wave Collapse also works, although probably not the best choice vs those Aramia buffing decks. unless you can kill right after the collapse.
    Energy Discharge and Wave Collapse are already a part of the deck. Wave Collapse + Shock Conductor was, in theory, my initial answer to such problems, but they have proved difficult to catch together in such a large deck.

I've been thinking of either removing both Ley Line Nexus and 2 copies of Shadow Font for better consistency or replacing them with 2x-4x The Harder They Fall.
    Last edited by Romantic Gunner; 11-05-2014 at 11:41 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I suggest you add more eternal renewal so just in case Praxix's ability gets rid of ur only one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darel097 View Post
    I suggest you add more eternal renewal so just in case Praxix's ability gets rid of ur only one.
    Utilizing Reverberate, Darkforged Knife and Reactorary, I can consistently manipulate the decks so that I keep anywhere between 10-12 more cards in my deck than most opponents running 50 or less card decks. Eternal Renewal is there for combating larger decks which are rare. 1x is plenty. I've yet to need another. Thanks for the reply though. I do appreciate the suggestion

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have the feeling that the weapons and armour are dead weight in this deck. If you're happy with the size of the deck, I'd think about replacing them with 4x Rampant Krygon and 2x Mimic.

Darkforged Knife will likely only hit once for its effect before your opponent counter attacks and destroys it, so you've milled two extra cards. The 2 extra Mimics will allow you to to fish for Reverberate and potentially mill six. Mimic is so important in a deck like this.

The damage that Shock Conductor is doing can be supplied by Kyrgon's hatse attack. Krygon's special ability bypasses the Wisp's damage reduction and would help against Stoneskin, providing some kind of synergy with Wave Collapse (though probably over 2 turns). At worst, they would be discarded by Praxix's ability to provide extra damage and additional bodies in the Graveyard for Soul Reaper.

I think these changes would provide a similar yield/effect, and more flexibility. Either way I don't think I'd touch the Shadow Font's. You could probably lose the Ley Line Nexus, but with only 1 CC difference between The Harder They Fall and Mind Control I'd be running MC, as they will remove the problem ally while lowering durability of equipment, and aren't contingent on you having an ally in play.

Good luck with the deck
    Last edited by d31m; 11-06-2014 at 06:51 AM. Reason: I carnt spel