Close

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Oathbreakers of Dunharrow 2.0 *** Updated for Meta ***

Quote Originally Posted by Von Osnabruck View Post
    I've watched a small slice of your replays, maybe 5ish and I have enjoyed seeing how you play. A few notes.

- Book of Curses is really important and seems to slow guys down just enough. How many do you run?
    This card is absolutely critical, probably the most important in the deck considering it saves you on average 15 health throughout the game. I run 4x of them.

- You resource alot. What is your sweet spot? 10ish res or does it depend on how many cards you are drawing?
    Sweet spot is 11, so you can drop any combination of tidal, 5cc ally, 6cc ally, and ghostmaker.

- Winterborn, at least in the games I watched, didn't seem to draw too many cards other than the first. Do you get the same sense?
    Yes, and that's all I need. She is better than Wizent's staff because she doesn't take any shadow energy, and can be a decent meat shield if your opponent wants to stop your draw. Usually I just sac her unless I didn't get a tainted oracle by turn 4.

- Seeing Banish in action makes me appreciate it more. Using it on the worst threat helps delay the use of Tidal Wave.
    Yeah, I'm loving that card more and more. It's just a retreat but with the added benefit of not giving your enemy +1 card in their hand, which is absolutely worth the extra 2 cost. I'm playing around with adding more of those.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by yomaster View Post
    This card is absolutely critical, probably the most important in the deck considering it saves you on average 15 health throughout the game. I run 4x of them.
    I too think dropping a Book of Curses turn three is really important. I usually run three because I don't like drawing multiples. However since I am resourcing alot maybe I should run 4x like you to raise the odds of getting it early and just sac the rest.

Yeah, I'm loving that card more and more. It's just a retreat but with the added benefit of not giving your enemy +1 card in their hand, which is absolutely worth the extra 2 cost. I'm playing around with adding more of those.
    I see you don't use Ice Storm. I'm starting to think Banish is a better removal choice over it too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...i sooo can't wait to see the latest version of this! AND to try it out, it's just so much fun to play this
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I too think dropping a Book of Curses turn three is really important. I usually run three because I don't like drawing multiples. However since I am resourcing alot maybe I should run 4x like you to raise the odds of getting it early and just sac the rest.

I see you don't use Ice Storm. I'm starting to think Banish is a better removal choice over it too.
    Ice storm can help dealing with rushes though. Btw, what part of Indiana are you from? I'm at IU Bloomington.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Ice storm can help dealing with rushes though. Btw, what part of Indiana are you from? I'm at IU Bloomington.
    Ice Storm is good at stopping rushes but Book of Curses fills the same function in a way. I also find I have more trouble with facing a new Plasma Behemoth, for example, three turns in a row wasting my Tidal Waves. It will be a meta call - more rush go for Ice Storm, more control go for Banish.

You are at IU Bloomington? I'm up here at Purdue in West Lafayette. I grew up an IU fan because of my Dad but I'm now a fully converted Boilermaker with a degree and now work for the University.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ice Storm is good at stopping rushes but Book of Curses fills the same function in a way. I also find I have more trouble with facing a new Plasma Behemoth, for example, three turns in a row wasting my Tidal Waves. It will be a meta call - more rush go for Ice Storm, more control go for Banish.

You are at IU Bloomington? I'm up here at Purdue in West Lafayette. I grew up an IU fan because of my Dad but I'm now a fully converted Boilermaker with a degree and now work for the University.
    Doesn't hurt to have some redundancy though. Ha ha that's hilarious, my dad graduated from Purdue. Yeah I'm a senior at IU.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd stay away from ice storm. it's not needed.

When facing a rush, that's the best scenario for this deck. It stomps rushes hard.

Just use curse on T3, tainted on T4, tidal on 5, ghostmaker on 6, then another tidal or more tainted oracles. by turn 8, they'll be out of cards and you'll be at around 12 health. Don't sac any HT's, you'll need every one. Then use your FPs to take out any draw engines.

If you get in a pinch, don't be afraid to drop a kings pride just for the armor aspect. You can easily win without it.

Sorry I haven't posted the deck yet. Work has been insane, and I'll be flying to China for a week then the UK for a week before coming back home. I'll get this posted up before then if everything goes well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just played a few sloppy games against Jedi (really need to use banish on morbid acolyte).

But if you want to see me stomp a 320 rank amber, watch yomaster vs. junzero99. It was just painful to watch him keep attacking my tainted oracles!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just played a few sloppy games against Jedi (really need to use banish on morbid acolyte).
    In that instance I would drop a Knight earlier in the game. No sense spending more than 1 Banish on 3 or so MA.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won