Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Stupid Question #1

If all the locations are played in a community pool, I'm guessing they just start there, and my opponent and I have the exact same number of and kind of locations , how does the game know which side or ability of the card to show me. .?
    Not a stupid question at all. The stack starts empty. (I've edited the rules above to make this explicit now, so thanks!) When a player summons one, it has the card rotated so that the controller has the name, card type, turn number and controller text the right way for them (with opponent text upside-down). As each subsequent Location is summoned, that Location similarly faces its controller. If a card changes controller, the card rotates.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Arthyle's Pass: Dead Man's Breach

T2

You: Friendly Allies with Cost 2 or less have Haste.
    Opponent (upside down text): 4SE: All Allies are killed. Take control of this Location.

-----

Sosilo: Brothers' Landing

T3

You: When an ability is discarded from your hand, draw a card. 0SE: Target card in your hand is discarded.
    Opponent (upside down text): 2SE: If there are no opposing Templar allies, take control of this location and your hero heals 2 damage.

-----

For those who are having trouble reading the upside down text, here is the locations typed out.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There should be a way to view both texts...the way it looks on the field is fine to me. So when you hover over the card (in hand or in play) it should either (A) show both angles or (B) have some sort of "Rotate" button that will flip so you can see the other text...the "Rotate" method would take up less space on the screen.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    There should be a way to view both texts...the way it looks on the field is fine to me. So when you hover over the card (in hand or in play) it should either (A) show both angles or (B) have some sort of "Rotate" button that will flip so you can see the other text...the "Rotate" method would take up less space on the screen.
    It would also likely be more mobile friendly as the hover feature doesn't exist there.

PFG3 Leader

"Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wanna view both texts of the location?

Stand on your head. Or flip your monitor upside down!

Actually , in the beginning. I can see this being a complaint, but after the first few weeks , players will know what it does in thier sleep , upside down and sideways. It's gonna be interesting to see what a location can do for a CotC deck!

And as an old player, I'm really hoping just straight CotC decks were taken into serious consideration!
    Please
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was also thinking that there should be a way to view both text. For a mobile device, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle as you can just rotate your device. I like the few changes in the interface as well. I'm wondering what the slide item is to the left. I'm assuming the icon at the button is what the menu button currently is.

How would the location cards look while they're still in your hand? Landscape or portrait like the rest?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    I was also thinking that there should be a way to view both text. For a mobile device, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle as you can just rotate your device. I like the few changes in the interface as well. I'm wondering what the slide item is to the left. I'm assuming the icon at the button is what the menu button currently is.

How would the location cards look while they're still in your hand? Landscape or portrait like the rest?
    I suppose you could, so long as you had your rotation lock on. Still, having some sort of option for it would be preferable I think. Heck, could even be an in-game option, I'm in favor of adding those in general.

My best guess to the new UI element on the left would be a chat window. Granted we can do that now by pressing the hero in the corner, so maybe that's not it. =/

PFG3 Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks really good! So excited for the spoilers"
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Will all locations be usable by all heroes or will there be specific human/shadow locations?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please, let at least one of the locations prevent haste :P

Also, nice to see there are still some trias digital arts left to use. Their work has always been consistent in quality. And the location artist isn't bad either!
    Last edited by Ness; 07-10-2015 at 09:31 AM.
    PK Love