Close

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm... If you wanted to create a guild for people who share the same interest as you would you

(a) Not label it as such and just hope people find out about it?
    (b) Not announce it and just PM each person and ask if they want to join?
    (c) Label it as a ____ guild and announce it in the Guild section?

Labeling something whether it be music or a guild, does not exactly mean it's excluding others from it (although to others it might seem that way), but it does bring together others similar in beliefs together or it provides an easier way of getting something I might need without me having to find out about it in curiosity.

In this situation, if I wanted nothing to do with Christianity, I would have liked to have known that in advance rather than joining a guild first and then find out what I got myself into. Now if I was interested to know more about it, then I know where to go.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    I can actually disband this guild with a simple logical fallacy. Can "God" as described in the King James Bible (which was written in 1500 AD by the way) create a burrito that is too big for himself to eat? He would either fail to create the burrito, or he would fail to eat it. Either way, it is impossible for there to exist a supernatural creature who can "do anything", and if there is, I highly doubt any mortal has gotten his description right so far.
    The problem with this question is that the supernatural don't necessarily exist in the same universes and dimensions we do. Maybe God exists in a universe where a burrito isn't the same thing as our burrito and heat is measured entirely differently. Maybe what you're asking is "Can God make a sandwich so close to room temperature He can't eat it?" and that is a nonsensical thing to ask.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    I have all the details, ill reply to your PM once im done with work lol, can only post brief messages, you said one question on your PM but itw asl ike 20 questions lol
    Take your time, there's no need to hurry.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please stay on topic and don't hijack other guild threads. There is nothing wrong with a Christian guild, just as there is nothing wrong with a Vietnamese or German guild. It unites people with common interests, which is good for any community.

If you would like to debate theology you can do it in the general chat section but it is unfair to do it in a guild thread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Please stay on topic and don't hijack other guild threads. There is nothing wrong with a Christian guild, just as there is nothing wrong with a Vietnamese or German guild. It unites people with common interests, which is good for any community.

If you would like to debate theology you can do it in the general chat section but it is unfair to do it in a guild thread.
    Thanks Kyle, could i ask for you to close this thread, its gotten a bit out of hand. I will repost the thread and basically make it a link to the site as opposed to all this. Thanks
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Although I do get bored in Religion Classes at school I am still a believer. N3rd4Christ, everything you say in the forums just makes me feel....... Gdggncbkcx I can't explain it. You say everything with so much detail. You're like the expert/God of the forums to me. And for your your information, I was named after the Ark Angel, Gabriel;P
    IGN: TJ DakaestX

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfan View Post
    The problem with this question is that the supernatural don't necessarily exist in the same universes and dimensions we do. Maybe God exists in a universe where a burrito isn't the same thing as our burrito and heat is measured entirely differently. Maybe what you're asking is "Can God make a sandwich so close to room temperature He can't eat it?" and that is a nonsensical thing to ask.
    Maybe. Maybe instead of Jesus the world was created by dragons too. That's why I think the whole "debate" is nonsense.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakaest View Post
    And for your your information, I was named after the Ark Angel, Gabriel;P
    Gabriel is an "Archangel". Geez, you really don't pay attention in your classes!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does anyone else remember when Magic cards banned anything with "Demon" in the name because christians complained? Just sayin'...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see nothing wrong with this guild or the description about it. Furthermore, this guild is no more controversial than the all women one I saw posted a few days ago which did not get a repose even close to this one. I am sure someone could argue it is sexist as it excludes an entire gender. However in reality it has more to do with people wanting to do something they enjoy with like minded individuals.

As long as an individual or guild does not incite hate, prejudice or violence I will wish them the very best. Sadly I which I could say the same about some of the posters in this thread who are demonstrating some of these qualities in abundance.

Best of luck to Nerd4Christ and any members of Enlisted to Endure, I am looking forward to playing against you all in game