Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

High-Significance Game Result Fixing

I frequently play MD on live server and just as frequently the game freezes and both players see that it's the other player's turn - usually I'm winning when this happens and for whatever reason it usually happens right as I'm about to win next turn. Whenever I see this happen and I'm about to lose next turn I say 'gg' and leave and let my opponent take the win, however most people are real assholes about it and despite the fact they know they are about to lose they just leave the game on and hope I'll quit the game out of frustration and they'll get the win.

This really bothers me (obviously) and it bothers a lot of other players too I imagine, especially those with high ranks and Meltdown scores.

Is there anything we can do to get the win without waiting a very long time?

If not, my suggestion is either:
    a) Fix the damn bug (seriously, it's been a year)
    b) Implement some way where the rankings/gold of the game can be given to the real winner until the bug is repaired. Some sort of in-game 'help' button where a moderator manually looks at the game and gives a ruling or a post-game report area which a mod would then go into the game database and fix the result of the game, would work for a temporary fix.
    c) If you need a temporary-temporary fix while you implement the other temporary fix just throw down some code to auto-end a game in a draw if it's been 3 mins and no player has clicked 'End Turn'. That would work unless the code has an infinite loop somewhere...
    Last edited by Flynn; 04-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Flynn

My opinion on the BP guild and glitches in Shadow Era. I think it's <removed>.

Decks
    Zaladar - CotC Mill | Victor - CotC Solo | All my good decks are a secret

Card Design
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Guild Cards | World Beyond - The Warlock's Grimoire | Trollface

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Want a lovely example?

See that fu**ing game at the top of the list. It's been on for 10 HOURS. I don't want to leave and lose Meltdown ranking and clearly neither does my opponent. I offered him a draw and he declined it and prefers to be an asshole instead.

What am I supposed to do in this situation?!?!? That's an actual question. What do I do?
    Flynn

Decks

Card Design
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Guild Cards | World Beyond - The Warlock's Grimoire | Trollface

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you search Mamare you'll see that they aren't actually in the game anymore. They've played 6 since the game that bugged with you, so I'd suggest just leave and take the hit. It sucks, but since it's a game bug I don't see any other course of action.

It also appears that they aren't in control of letting you win, so try not to hate on them too hard :P
    Account for Gondorian to put SC into: Ronin Drizl

IGN: Ronin Drizl

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizz'l View Post
    If you search Mamare you'll see that they aren't actually in the game anymore. They've played 6 since the game that bugged with you, so I'd suggest just leave and take the hit. It sucks, but since it's a game bug I don't see any other course of action.

It also appears that they aren't in control of letting you win, so try not to hate on them too hard :P

Wow, I had no idea he could not be in the game and I could be still stuck in it; these glitches are crazy. I guess all I want is for the glitch to be fixed and for a temporary fix to be implemented to fix important game outcomes.
    Flynn

Decks

Card Design

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Wow, I had no idea he could not be in the game and I could be still stuck in it; these glitches are crazy. I guess all I want is for the glitch to be fixed and for a temporary fix to be implemented to fix important game outcomes.
    Meh, annyoing though it might be, trying playing on Android and see how many games you autolose from various issues.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is a really bothersome bug.

As far as whether apparently losing people should stay on, it depends a bit on the situation and upon unpredictable experience. Even when I am looking down: There are some cases where I'm sitting there wondering if only I couldn't have pulled a lucky draw or a planned combo I know is in the deck, if only I could have played that next turn. It can happen in standard QM or in meltdown. Also, you have to allow that newer players may simply not be able to account for all possible combinations and make a complete calculation in that situation. They may be as frustrated as you are, more or less.