Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Growing concerns with Telegram as the primary chat for SE community

There is growing concern from many guilds and people in the community about an incident that occurred on Telegram recently.

During a tournament, a member of the SE community was kicked off the tournament channel of Telegram by another member because of behavior that A1 Caitlyn (the channel/room creator) deemed disruptive and/or inappropriate. This is a bad precedent and a potential slippery slope. If we are at the mercy of the decisions of other members of the SE community and not an official Wulven representative, it is far too easy for personal grudges and general drama to determine who is and isn't allowed to participate in Wulven sponsored events. This needs to be addressed, because if participation in Wulven sponsored events is determined by an individual or one guild, there is danger of that power being misused to the detriment of the greater SE community.

In addition, there is also the issue of telegram having a max cap of 200 people for a certain channel/room. What happens when that cap is reached and more people want to join? The channel/room creator chooses who shall be kicked in order to accommodate others? Not really a good thing nor will it be fair.

We all know that currently the Telegram channels/rooms of SE, the SE Public Chat and SE Tournament Room were created and currently run by A1, particularly their leader Caitlyn0 with the help of her fellow A1 members. I sincerely feel that this is wrong and prone to abuse of power as what has already happened.

It would be acceptable and fair if Telegram is to be continued to be used as a platform for Wulven sponsored events that Gondorian, Kyle, or any official Wulven representative would be the creator of the “official” Telegram rooms for SE making them the “only” people with the authority to kick/ban anyone based on the SE CoC. Perhaps this is also a good reason to return to using IRC for Wulven sponsored events where no one unofficial individual or guild has the power of kicking anyone who wishes to participate or join as well as prevent future kick/bans when the room cap is reached.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree. IRC is much better to host tournaments and there is no max cap as well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am not disagreeing nor am I agreeing with this but the player was kicked from the general public room not the tournament room the tournament room which ran by samj not a1 has been functioning imho better the irc ever did
    Member of Shadow Era Titans

IGN: SET Xavier
    Telegram: @SETXavier

Any questions about my post or general message me on telegram

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with you on the most points.
    -Irc is better for Tournaments.
    -Only a Wulven official should have the right to kick/ban a person from chats.
    -Person Limit.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If Sam is running tournament room I see nothing wrong with it as he is OOPS. And IRC is dead and ancient, so I disagree with using it again. Modern messaging apps are much more convenient for communication. Best solution would ofc would be proper in game chat with no third party apps or services.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    If Sam is running tournament room I see nothing wrong with it as he is OOPS. And IRC is dead and ancient, so I disagree with using it again. Modern messaging apps are much more convenient for communication. Best solution would ofc would be proper in game chat with no third party apps or services.
    +1 telegram is better.

About the fact of kicking a person it was due to him being well known as rude and bad person but caitlyn gave him a second chance and left him at telegram channel which I don't have any problem with anyone to be responsible of , then when this person insult someone by shooting him at a very sensitive part which was a death of one of his family close members that a person is so sensitive about. ( imagine someone insulting the death of your mom that you are still sad about for example dude ( sorry if might be bad example ) ) also the kicked person screenshotted private parts of the chat with this guy and sent it to people to hate him and take a bad vision about him and he was actually calling for being bad but when he screenshotted all chat people knew that this kicked person is the bad guy and that he only took small parts of a big chat that blocked the truth.

The result was this person who was insulted left his guild and left shadow era public rooms and had a terrible feeling while he is innocent and was bullied to a bad extent.

This was all caused by this kicked person so he deserved a kick actually and it was his 10th chance maybe if u are new and don't know histories of SE.

The only false thing cait did was keeping the story a secret and not explaining to everyone why did she kick him , maybe I'd she did so you wasn't even going to make this thread. But I believe she didn't in terms of not spamming secrets of people.

The kicked guy secret : why tell people and make them hate this guy then kick him while we can just kick him silently
    Innocent guy secret : why tell people the part of his family while he will be more sad ?

So that's the whole situation I knew after listening to everyone and being in A1 internal chat room not only se public one.

Cait is a wise person and is leader of a huge guild ( A1 ) and was never biased to A1 ... what do you think cait could've done in such incident ? Any person was gonna do same .. and being an admin of a chat does not mean being leader or being bossy .. its a free chat that must be controlled by wise person to control incidents like that

A1 thought of telegram public chat room and made it true so normally A1 leader was admin of this chat which doesn't mean she can just kick anyone she don't like or something like this , and I believe cait never did.

An incident like this was normally judged .. anyone was gonna kick this person after what he have done specially that this person is knows for being bad and he already had enough chance .. if he was normal person cait was gonna just give a warning.
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think wulven should be kicking/banning him instead of caitlyn. She is just a player or a guild leader, she doesn't wield the power of banning any other player from shadow era's public chat imo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohi2222 View Post
    I think wulven should be kicking/banning him instead of caitlyn. She is just a player or a guild leader, she doesn't wield the power of banning any other player from shadow era's public chat imo
    Both will give same result IMO ,
    It was just logic that A1 created room will have A1 admin ., and it isn't wulven stuff it is a chat with RL people and mature people and all chats on these apps has the admin = creator of chat.

But tho its still , why don't cait be admin ? Does she use her power in a wrong way ? Is she biased to A1 people over others ? Is she using it to kick anyone she hates ?

The answer is no so why should anyone rebel against her ? I think creator of this threadt didn't know what I said in my first post here .. dunno if posting it was good or no but its what is behind the curtains

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Against IRC. Stick with telegram, IRC is horrible.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh yeah gizmo !

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control