Close

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    I challenge N3rd! Unless you wanna count my win last night as a ladder match win :P
    If this is what you are referring to i already reported your win lol. I did count that one as a win for ya and reported it =P Nub! if ya wanna challenge meya better climb up ladder, From you im not accepting challenge unless your 5 away =P just cuz i know ya
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i beasts indastria 2-0
    amber-amber

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    If this is what you are referring to i already reported your win lol. I did count that one as a win for ya and reported it =P Nub! if ya wanna challenge meya better climb up ladder, From you im not accepting challenge unless your 5 away =P just cuz i know ya
    Did you? Because I didn't see it reported, otherwise I'd be in 14th or 15th position now. Anyway, I'll climb it and challenge you again when I'm within 5 :P
    Test Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server Deck Tester: Stunnah

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnah View Post
    Did you? Because I didn't see it reported, otherwise I'd be in 14th or 15th position now. Anyway, I'll climb it and challenge you again when I'm within 5 :P

Yeah look click on your name and you will find it =) n00b
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I lost to Fingertut earlier. Very close game.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Attention Players:

A scenario has arisen, and I am not sure how to deal with it.

Basically, one player made an official challenge in the chat room and the defender agreed to it and said they would be back in an hour for the game. But then the defender didn't turn up. I do not know whether a challenge was made on the forum though.

Assuming the challenge was also made on the forum, my rules state that if you agree on a time and make the game and the player doesn't turn up then it is an auto-win for the challenger.

But I don't think the defender was agreeing to be joining a game in exactly one hour, but returning to the chat room.

The challenger is happy to let this one go, but I think we need to firm up the rules.

My current thinking is to require that the challenger makes it clear when they will be making the game and get a firm yes from the defender that they will be there. If the defender can't give a firm yes, then they should suggest an alternative time, and both players can discuss times until they agree a time that the game will be made.

Or, you could be more informal, and just agree to meet back at the chat room at a certain time, with no penalty for a no show.

I think the challenger was trying to be more formal and the defender was naturally be more informal.

What do you think, fellow players?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I lost to Giskard AND the rematch. GG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GDC I challenge you!
    Tell me the time when you can challenge!
    I Love Hockey !!!!!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Attention Players:

Basically, one player made an official challenge in the chat room and the defender agreed to it and said they would be back in an hour for the game. But then the defender didn't turn up. I do not know whether a challenge was made on the forum though.

Assuming the challenge was also made on the forum, my rules state that if you agree on a time and make the game and the player doesn't turn up then it is an auto-win for the challenger.

But I don't think the defender was agreeing to be joining a game in exactly one hour, but returning to the chat room.

The challenger is happy to let this one go, but I think we need to firm up the rules.

My current thinking is to require that the challenger makes it clear when they will be making the game and get a firm yes from the defender that they will be there. If the defender can't give a firm yes, then they should suggest an alternative time, and both players can discuss times until they agree a time that the game will be made.

Or, you could be more informal, and just agree to meet back at the chat room at a certain time, with no penalty for a no show.

I think the challenger was trying to be more formal and the defender was naturally be more informal.

It should be made abundantly clear in the future. "I might be back in an hour" and "I agree to yourmatch in an hour" are two different things. They should be made clear from the onset.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GondorianDotCom View Post
    Attention Players:

Well, if you're able to pull off some coding magic and create the type of Challenge system that me and MattOG separately outlined, it probably would provide enough tracking and automation to resolve issues like this before they even arise in the first place.

Failing that, or until then, IMO it might be easier to just remove the forum-based challenges entirely, and instead tell people: "If you want to play a ladder match, get on the IRC channel and organize your challenges there in real-time while you are actually able to play right then and there. And no 'let's do it in an hour' and consider that as a formal challenge. If you can't do it right then and there, it's not a formal ladder challenge. If you say 'can I challenge you?' and your opponent says 'yes' and you both hop into a game right then and there, then there's plenty of witnesses that a challenge match did indeed take place and somebody should be reporting the game."

Isn't that really how 80% of the matches, or more, are done now anyway?
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder