Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had the honor of losing to my own GB deck, played in QM. Despite being a rush DC deck, I couldn't finish him off, thanks to my lack of drawing a $&@! speedstrike.

FML lost to my own deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, Wenhui, just wanted to thank you for such an amazing deck! I copied this down to the last card, and so far it's been doing great. I tend to lose some times though, but probably due to my own inexperience, been only playing a couple of weeks... however, I noticed that this deck is indeed weak against rush weenie... Pillaging priests... I usually lose against priests who use Pillage early on, or Elementalis, who pump up their Infernal Gargoyles & Shadow Knights, groan... may I ask for some advice on how to deal with these strategies?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwind View Post
    Hi, Wenhui, just wanted to thank you for such an amazing deck! I copied this down to the last card, and so far it's been doing great. I tend to lose some times though, but probably due to my own inexperience, been only playing a couple of weeks... however, I noticed that this deck is indeed weak against rush weenie... Pillaging priests... I usually lose against priests who use Pillage early on, or Elementalis, who pump up their Infernal Gargoyles & Shadow Knights, groan... may I ask for some advice on how to deal with these strategies?
    You need to anticipate your opponent. Save webs for early rushes if you know they don't play SW, try to drop a fatty at turn 5 to attract firepower away from your hero, follow up with a nova + recursion. This should be the turning point for this deck. After turn 5, you need to make almost perfect moves. The strength of playing 2 5cc moves in a turn, a nova+PB, is a sick amount of firepower that a lot of decks cannot handle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What's SW? You meant Tidal Wave (TW) ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    What's SW? You meant Tidal Wave (TW) ?
    Super woman.

Sand worm. Haha.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol. Added it to my dict.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 03-23-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    lol. Added it to my dict.
    How dare you add superwoman to your...

Oh wait you mean sandworm.

Why would you add sandworms to your...

Oh you mean dict.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ahh, but as I stated, the priests tend to destroy my resources using Plague and continue piling damage on me with weenies. It's very hard to reach 5 resources in time to stave off the assaults. At which point, the enemy will have done enough damage that using Supernova would just put me near 5 life points. May I inquire... I noticed you have two Ultimate GB decks... which one would you deem to be the better build, sir? Your Monster Control deck is superb indeed, but I'm afraid I'll die of a heart attack playing this kind of fun deck... it's a little nerve wracking to have near perfect moves. hehehe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowwind View Post
    Ahh, but as I stated, the priests tend to destroy my resources using Plague and continue piling damage on me with weenies. It's very hard to reach 5 resources in time to stave off the assaults. At which point, the enemy will have done enough damage that using Supernova would just put me near 5 life points. May I inquire... I noticed you have two Ultimate GB decks... which one would you deem to be the better build, sir? Your Monster Control deck is superb indeed, but I'm afraid I'll die of a heart attack playing this kind of fun deck... it's a little nerve wracking to have near perfect moves. hehehe
    Yea I know what you mean. Brutal is control has no real weaknesses or auto wins, built to counter "counter-gb" measures.

Monster control is more a deck that abuses gb's natural advantages to the max, with auto wins against most decks fearing sever ties.

You need to play both to see which style suits you more. Better yet, find a balance between both to create your own ultimate GB.

Brutal is more stable, monster is more flamboyant. But I dare say brutal will win a plague deck, hands down.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can someone explain to me the purpose of having WT? I've read through the entire forum and yet to understand. Thanks.