Close

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
    My main concern with these changes is that it indirectly makes amber a lot stronger. Not having to deal with Hotl at 2/4 means JD is a lot more effective now. She's my main so that's kinda good for me but I don't want to see any one hero dominate too much.
    Amber has been pretty absent ever since Serena made a comeback so maybe it's a good thing?
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    I am really sad to see that most of the players support these changes. Iirc it wasn't more than 2 weeks ago that many ppl from this community were praising DT for achieving the most balanced version of SE with almost all heroes to be competitive for the top 2 tiers.
    We got some praise?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Just to make sure I understand you correctly, are you saying that you're "really sad" that discard Zal was nerfed not because you use the deck (because you dont use), but its actually because you think that other players will no longer play the game anymore because of this change, thus resulting in the game's eminent death??
    I am sad that as others said, they are "killing" the new mechanic of discard without any good reason. Already the meta had shifted from discard Zal to its counters, such as BB, Baduruu, Aramia and Serena. I am just saying that these constant changes / delays on releasing the set are driving ppl away from the game.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    I am sad that as others said, they are "killing" the new mechanic of discard without any good reason. Already the meta had shifted from discard Zal to its counters, such as BB, Baduruu, Aramia and Serena. I am just saying that these constant changes / delays on releasing the set are driving ppl away from the game.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This
    Master of Puppets
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Check SE No 1 Guild

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    We got some praise?
    Blasphemy...Heeeeaaathen!
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Every time a non OP build is killed, the game loses its depth. Aramia dagger- I can see removing that due to being OP and fairly brainless (and NOT dependent on AOC incidentally). Zal and Ekementalis discard killed- just wrong. Weakening all mages (not currently OP) by making AOC completely unplayable-bad. The myth that AOC is only for rush mages is complete nonsense, I play a fair bit of mage, none pure rush and all bar GB used AOC. The only thing that could cope with Serenas and her new toy without switching to pure rush build with burst draw. AOC also fuels any homunculus build of Aramia/Nish.

Rush human mages (possible exception of Aramia) are not OP or dominating the meta partially due to...Krygon and harbinger not allowing god rush to easily deal with enemy allies while stacking up hero damage.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    Every time a non OP build is killed, the game loses its depth. Aramia dagger- I can see removing that due to being OP and fairly brainless (and NOT dependent on AOC incidentally). Zal and Ekementalis discard killed- just wrong. Weakening all mages (not currently OP) by making AOC completely unplayable-bad. The myth that AOC is only for rush mages is complete nonsense, I play a fair bit of mage, none pure rush and all bar GB used AOC. The only thing that could cope with Serenas and her new toy without switching to pure rush build with burst draw. AOC also fuels any homunculus build of Aramia/Nish.

Rush human mages (possible exception of Aramia) are not OP or dominating the meta partially due to...Krygon and harbinger not allowing god rush to easily deal with enemy allies while stacking up hero damage.
    So your definition of OP is absolutely nothing can beat it? If something can beat it, it's not OP?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To me, a deck is OP when it appears significantly more often than other decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The way I see it, discard is taking a step back allowing more cards with trigger effect to be added. Left the way it was it would have been impossible to design anythin new without Zal being broken. Now discard tactics are aimed at controling the board (and not attacking the hero) and that will help all Elementals. The Dt has already said more cards like Devourer and reactorary are coming in the next sets.

Previous balance changes have lead to similar reaction and the sky as yet to fall over our head.
    Evolving Through Change

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met Jasmine. We ate lobster, drank Piņa Coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    Previous balance changes have lead to similar reaction and the sky as yet to fall over our head.
    Do not go gentle in that good night,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light!
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis