Close

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Player auctions

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Player auctions

The old Merchant for buying and selling individual cards should be replaced with a player auction system. It would function like the stock market, and a player can enter the price that they want to buy or sell a card at, or just accept the current market rate. For example, a card might have sell orders like the following (players wanting to sell a card)

Qty Price
    1 190
    20 200
    8 210
    3 220

While the buy orders (players wanting to buy a card) are:
    Qty Price
    10 150
    30 140
    21 130

If a player just wants to sell his card quickly, he will be matched with the best buy order, which is 150g. Likewise, if a player wants to buy a card, he will buy it from the lowest priced seller for 190g. The card stock market has a real inventory, meaning that players selling cards have it already removed from their inventory, and players putting in a buy order have already spent the gold and are waiting for their card at a good price.

The supply and demand in the marketplace will determine the price that players use. The system will prevent players from sending gold to their other accounts by only allowing trades at the best market price.

Update: while we initially started development on this major new feature many moons ago, it was put on hold to focus on other priority items and features. This thread will be kept, as the discussion was quite lively and informative, but closed for more comments until a new announcement is made.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This sounds like a good implementation, done in such a way as to avoid corruption... I look forward to seeing it in action.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Awesome!!!!! Muahahahahahah
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now this is a TCG! I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Oh boy. Time to buy up everything!
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    Oh boy. Time to buy up everything!
    Already did
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    lol @ nerd.

fully stocked merchant should be available for awhile (a month, say) after the changover to ensure people can get the cards they want first

ultimately this game is about letting everyone have fun and compete, not exclude certain cards due to cost. i like where this is going eventually, but ease into it, rather than implementing abruptly, imo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    My gold will drop to 250k shortly

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol. Bastard must have a macro or something
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok.
    So if I want my rare card as soon as it is releaded, I can't have it until some players put it in the auction. That's closer to reality at least, and it will be harded to build a full deck in the next future.
    Also, it will give more importance to shadow cristals and gold, which is good for the game economy.

I wonder if players with 2039830823 gold actually (aerm) won't make too much benefit of it.
    -brontos