Close

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    Also I agree that robes of mending seems a bit OP. And I hate to see embers Jerry to become stronger..
    Why would embers jericho use this when he has Lingering Essence? And because of that, why would he use the SE on Robes of Mending when he could use it on Treasured Heirloom, Embers of the Just, or even Zail's Hymn if he wants?
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    Yes I actually could do without either of those cards in the game (they actually make it more like MTG imo). Not saying this game should become MTG, but if this game is going to survive for a while longer (which looks doubtful at this point if I am going to be honest) then rotations should be considered as more are released. Why should the game be restricted to what was designed for the first set? For "balance"? You cannot have a game grow and improve while it is constrained to a mold. At some point those restrictions have to be lifted or the game will just stagnate and eventually die.
    I agree, set rotation is a good thing IMO.

At the same time, there's pretty much always a Wrath effect, a cheap versatile burn spell, effective black removal, green ramp and various counterspells active in Standard, so the game doesn't change that much from a macro point of view (i.e. each always has access to their staple abilities).

It's like if Wulven rotated Tidal Wave out but gave Priests a 6cc wipe that exiled all allies. Sure it shakes up things a bit, but the overall feel of the class is preserved. If they don't rotate Tidal Wave but give Priest access to another effective wipe, that can potentially change the game.

Imagine the metagame if Wulven had rereleased CotC two times (so you could play Fireball 1, Fireball 2 and Fireball 3 in a deck). Despite all cards being at exactly the same power level as in the previous set, the game would've shifted and new decks would've been created.

This is basically what happens in Eternal MtG formats, where players already have access to so much redundancy that they only play the absolute best version of a spell. Most sets only contribute a handful of niche cards (if any) to these formats.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    As about DoF, if the problem was Aramia you can easily remove it from mages cardpool and change it back to previous ability. None other than Aramia used it anyway from mages..
    But this way it still has uses as an early control card, just not as an OP direct damage to the hero card. 3cc for 9 damage is very strong. Now it's more limited. I get that some people don't want to see nerfs to their favorite Zaladar deck, but that deck was overly strong too (though it was overshadowed by mages). I think it would be nearly impossible to nerf SF cards in such a way that Zaladar would be weak. He still has access to the entire shadow card pool, in addition to an amazing activated ability and mind controls. What I would love to see is some variability in Zaladar decks, which might happen if discard Zal was not the obviously best version.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sooooooo.... I am happy to hear many people hate krygon nerf , also some people agreed with dagger to be 4 dura 4 CC same ability.
    To end this crisis would you gondorian make a poll maybe ? Wulven team are nerfing for us to enjoy? Let's vote for our enjoyment!
    Last edited by ragosonos; 01-13-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Why would embers jericho use this when he has Lingering Essence? And because of that, why would he use the SE on Robes of Mending when he could use it on Treasured Heirloom, Embers of the Just, or even Zail's Hymn if he wants?
    Because it will be an awfully good protection as an armor and provide addition healing to lingering essence. You could essentially run aldmor accelerator or forgiveness to get enough se fir both hero and armor ability. I can't think any other priest deck except stall to use it, so I believe that the target of this buff is Jericho.
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    NERFS (2)

Rampant Krygon: Health reduced to 1 (from 2). Ability changed to: "Haste. 1: Target other ally gains +1 base attack and takes 1 damage." (from "Haste. 1: Target other ally gains +1 base attack and is reduced by 1 health.")
    I like the HP nerf. It comes on par with the Harbringer. Humans have been getting the boot from shadows all oher the place. Krygon and Harbringer were great cards but a lot greater than what humans got. I dont like the damage instead of reduction. It did help a lot of things that didnt make it OP, on the contrary it made it synergetic

Dagger of Fate: Ability changed to "0SE: If a card was discarded from anywhere this turn, Dagger of Fate has +2 attack while in battle with allies" (from "0SE: If a card was discarded from anywhere this turn, Dagger of Fate has +2 attack until the end of your turn.")
    Nerfing rush while keeping the weapon viable for control. +1 by me!!! Zaladar remains viable and only rush Aramia got the nerfhammer. Seems legit!

BUFFS (7)

Ythan: Ability changed to: "Target friendly hero or ally can attack 2 times this turn, regardless of stealth or protector, and has ambush until the end of the turn." (from "Target friendly hero or ally can attack 2 times this turn, and has ambush until the end of the turn.")
    U may think i am nuts (well indeed i am..) but this looks like a good Hero!! Great early board. Great synergy with Midnight Sentinel. After the finish of this season i will give Ythan a shot!

Skervox: Ability changed to: "4SE: All opposing allies are poisoned and are disabled for 1 turn, and Hunter allies cost you 1 less resource to summon this turn." (from "4SE: All opposing allies are disabled until the start of your next turn and poisoned.")
    U can put Skervox 2 Tiers up. Period. When next set comes (expectedly some more Hunter allies) i predict Skervox will hit T1. Most important is that it will happen through ally game and not solo!!! But i do see Hunters getting cra mallies in the future just due to Skervox

Praxis: Ability changed to: "4SE: All players discard 3 cards from their decks. Target opposing hero or ally takes X damage, where X was the number of allies discarded." (from "4SE: All players discard 3 cards from their decks. Target opposing hero or ally takes X damage, where X was the number of allies discarded, to a maximum of 4.")
    The buff to its atk is indeed rare but not so bad especially since a big blow can hit opp hero. The Dagger nerf didnt hit Praxix more than it did to Aramia and Zal but indeed Praxix wasnt T1 to bear that nerf easilly.
    We shall see..

Infernus, Tyrant of the Damned: Ability changed to: "Steadfast. Infernus has immunity to fire damage. Fire damage to opposing allies is increased by 1." (from "Steadfast. Fire damage to opposing allies is increased by 1.").
    A balanced ally. But like most 6HP ones his cost doesnt let him fit in all decks. One way or the other if the archetype doesnt support his secondary abilities, Minotaur is easier and better to play

Wulven Rally: Cost dropped to 1 (from 2).
    Could see its cost drop to 0 tbh. A
    Cantrip that all it does is to substitute itself and make sure u draw a slecific ally. Nothing so important in there to justify its slot. I think it should he 0cc

Redux Channel: Ability changed to "All opposing players discard 2 cards from their decks. Up to 2 target cards in an opposing graveyard are put on top of their owner's deck and that player takes 1 damage for each card moved there this way." (from "Up to 2 target cards in an opposing graveyard are put on top of their owner's deck and that player takes 1 damage for each card moved this way.")
    Still a bit bleh. Gives Praxix some more time to earn and that's all

Pride of the Yari: Ability changed to "1D: Friendly Yari allies have +X attack until the end of the turn, where X is the number of Yari allies you control + 1." (from "1D: Friendly Yari allies have +X attack until the end of the turn, where X is the number of Yari allies you control.")
    A fair change. Still worse than KP but quicker for sure but no law says it should be better. Spearmen need that 1 more turn in many cases imo

REJIGS (5)

Frostmare: Health reduced to 1 (from 2). Ability changed to "Haste. While an opposing player controls more allies than you, Frostmare costs 2 less resources to summon." (from "Haste. While an opposing player controls more allies than you, Frostmare costs 1 less resources to summon.")
    A fair change.mFrostmare was crap till now. I can see though the shard decks playing multiples of it at T4 along with a santa... This is the time for ZTC to shine!!

Cinderborn Fatebreaker: Ability changed to "When an opposing player summons an ability with cost 3 or less that is targeting an ally, that ability has no effect and Cinderborn Fatebreaker is killed." (from "When an opposing player summons an ability with cost 3 or less, that ability has no effect and Cinderborn Fatebreaker is killed.")
    Another fair change. Not removing BF made Cinder just a tiny slight bit weaker but made a whole Class viable again

Amulet of Conjuring: Ability changed to "Sustain: 1SE. 0SE: Draw 3 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play, and your hero takes 21damage." (from "1SE: Draw 3 cards and remove 1 of your resources from play.")
    A very sensible change. Rush mages used to own people with blund draws and novas. The 3HP from 3 uses will mean a possible loss at manybgames. A small but needed neef. The -2HP loss that was heard to be thought of, would probably mean that the card would see much much less use which is bad cause it is a great card

Anarchic Looting: Ability changed to "All items are destroyed. Draw a card for each item that was destroyed, to a maximum of 3." (from "All items are destroyed. Draw a card.")
    whatever. It saw no play before and neither will now.. People dont like Anarchy 😄😄

Fair change to Harbringer. Shadows have been kicking human ass violently due to harbringer and Krygon. Now the unbalance is fixed and Harbringer is still a great early ally. Karash better for some heroes, harb better for other. Exactly luke it should be. Seeing Karash (which is a great ally) in 1/10 decks now , definately meant smth was going wrong

Growing Bog Dweller: great change. The ally is very balanced now, to the limits of OP. The interaction with rush decks (Krys etc) is huge. Same with Opportunist Ritualist and allies under cripple/distraction. It is gonna rock in every deck!! Unfortunately this is another nail at the warriors' coffin

Flameborn defiler: cant really understand the tribe thing. He isnt homunculus obviously. And more than that it is not like homunculus tribe needed antimage gear that much (maybe it was to create a Nish homunculus build, i dummo)

Grimjaw Hydra: Ravagers are already great and viable (those who laughed when i said so at the Stete of the Era should watch how Ravagers are owningbthe meta now! Btw whoever doesnt know, just visis a1-forums an find out about State of the Era cause the new podcast is very near )

Robes of Mending: A change that obviously buffs Jeri at great levels!!! Unfortunately it mostly buffs the semisolo one but still it is a fun archetype and can see why Wulven wants to save it

Metamorphic cloak: still looking crap

Sent from Thermopylae while writing history!
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Brandon. I feel you have made some life choices you should reconsider. Creating Rampany Krygon is the first.

On topic:

Another nerf to Krygon? Really? Honestly, it was completely fine at its current state. Strong and solid? Yes? Overpowered? Not remotely.

As for Dagger of Fate, I don't see why it was nerf. It was definitely a hard impact weapon, but it really hurts the Discard Elemental strategy which at least provided us with a new archetype to play with.

Don't think the change to Ythan will really make that huge of a difference at all still. Would still be at the bottom of the food chain in comparison to Gwen and Victor. A total rework of ability might be in order.

The main issue I see with Shervox is the overall weakness of Hunter allies. Many of them aren't really worth playing whatsoever nor do they have any real synergy with his ability. However, not to say this will be weak in the future. This will make Shervox like Aramia and Vess. Heroes that only get stronger with time.

Pride of the Yari should just be lowered even more in cost and have a total rework of its ability. I would rather pay the extra 1cc and run The King's Pride over this. Although this does provide a potentially higher atttack boost, King's Pride also provides them with a bit of extra health and is a passive buff that does not eat away the armor.

As for Pithing Spear, I would actually just make it get the +1 attack if you control a Shadow HERO over ally. As this card is obviously trying to be tailored to help Logan, always having the extra attack straight up regardless of having an ally or not would help.

It also looks like Frostmare is more or less going back to its original form. Not the worse change in the world though. It will help out the Shard Rush Zaladar archetype (Which was why its free summoning was nerfed in the first place IIRC), but would rather see alternative archetypes be buffed up, rather than promoting an already overused one.

The Harbinger nerf now makes him at most a Puwen with a discard effect. This might bring about the return of Karash as the 4 health was what made Harbinger so good. You need 3 combat damage to kill off Karash. Same will apply to Harbinger now. Might as well take the ally with more utility.

As for Amulet of Conjuring, it is like Cena vs Lesnar at Summerslam 2014 for the Heavyweight Championship. With Wulven being Lesnar.

Now for this talk about set rotations, I wouldn't mind it at all, as long as Wulven can more or less keep the model of how we obtain cards the way it is now. Main reason why I dislike it in say Duel of Champions is how extremely expensive and grueling it is to try and unlock cards for purchase, only for them to be rotated out.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    As for Amulet of Conjuring, it is like Cena vs Lesnar at Summerslam 2014 for the Heavyweight Championship. With Wulven being Lesnar.
    FWIW, I'm a big fan of Brock Lesnar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Otto, where did you quote Cinderborn Fatebreak nerf from? I can't see it in the OP.
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    As for Dagger of Fate, I don't see why it was nerf. It was definitely a hard impact weapon, but it really hurts the Discard Elemental strategy which at least provided us with a new archetype to play with.
    It hardly changes anything in terms of control. Before the nerf it was basically a Fireball that did 9 damage. It was too strong in the hands of Aramia and even Zaladar. Now it keeps its power of controlling the board without making it too powerful for heroes with direct damage spells.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...