Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Flynn, I do agree with you that part of be blame is on wulvan for letting the bug through and they should test more BUT I do think that what you did is incorrect. This is because by your reasoning glitches are part of the game and therefore also a totally fine part of competitive play. Right now you are exploiting a bug in meltdown but there are plenty of bugs in normal as well, what if there was a bu that greatly effected normal play (which there are btw) then would those be okay to use? Hypothetically what if you could use he old ability of heroes if usin the old CotC version (u can't)? That would be just unfair right. Then what if it is used in the season 3 World championships? See what I am saying? I say this agains, you are right that wulvan takes some responsibility for this and should patch it, that bein said you should not take advantage of it just because it is there.

Now that paragraph was about competitive play, if you are guildless player, knock yourself out with the glitch, there is nothing anyone can do to stop you and wulvan does take blame. But if you are in a guild I doubt there will be one that will support this.
    ""You may say that I am weak in solitude when you challenge me, but I am never alone. Once the battle starts, you will realize that isolation is not something I fear.""

Proud member of Looking for Guild
    IGN: recluse

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Hahaha, thanks, nice.

Can u also fix the 'choose-the-boosters-ratio-then-see-cards-they-suck-quit-md-rechoose-ratio-haha' bug if u have the time, please, thanks!
    Boosters are crap anyway so its no fun to play with 5-7 allies. I wouldnt touch this or make at least one possible choice available so you can choose the better one from 2 boosters.
    Nerull7 - Backhand of Justice
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Nerull7 | Our Guild | Watch Epic BP Games: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
    Talk less crap, do more for community

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerull7 View Post
    Boosters are crap anyway so its no fun to play with 5-7 allies. I wouldnt touch this or make at least one possible choice available so you can choose the better one from 2 boosters.
    It's a bug nonetheless unless rules are changed. I am okay with rules being changed as long as every player knows about it.

The situation now is that a 'normal' or new player does not know that boosters ratio can be changed without a loss of gold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm calling bullshit on your claim, Flynn. If you had won games with the smaller version of your deck without realizing it, sure, that's a mistake. But intentionally exploiting a bug with the purpose of winning with said bug is abhorrent.

As soon as you found out that you needed an updated client, guess what? There was instantly a solution to the problem that could have saved you from this level of infamy. Yes, I would certainly have complained about the client not updating on its own, but I would have updated the thing and gone on with life.

Get a clue. If you think you were in the right, I'd hate to meet you, you unethical clod.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol Flyn, nice way to dig your own grave

I think that you should start your own guild and invite the guy that hacked SE last month

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    It's a bug nonetheless unless rules are changed. I am okay with rules being changed as long as every player knows about it.

The situation now is that a 'normal' or new player does not know that boosters ratio can be changed without a loss of gold.
    Not every bug is bad or gamebreaking. This one for example adds a little level of skill in meltdown, by making decks stronger and more spectacular. I pay 200 gold, I don't pretend a tier 0 deck but I'd like to have at least a decent one.
    Imagine that you get 4 boosters with Baduruu, Gwen, Darkclaw and Logan; then you count your weapons and they're... ZERO! Isn't better to reset your packs and try another mix? Otherwise you just wasted 200 gold and had a terrible game experience.
    Unlike the tiny-decks bug, this one is also available to all clients and respect the 30 cards limit, so I don't see it as a gamebreaking issue.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem is the glitch allow people to only play meltdown with super decks. By allowing them to keep trying their boosters, it is unfair to those who play by the original rules.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Not every bug is bad or gamebreaking. This one for example adds a little level of skill in meltdown, by making decks stronger and more spectacular. I pay 200 gold, I don't pretend a tier 0 deck but I'd like to have at least a decent one.
    Imagine that you get 4 boosters with Baduruu, Gwen, Darkclaw and Logan; then you count your weapons and they're... ZERO! Isn't better to reset your packs and try another mix? Otherwise you just wasted 200 gold and had a terrible game experience.
    Unlike the tiny-decks bug, this one is also available to all clients and respect the 30 cards limit, so I don't see it as a gamebreaking issue.
    It's not game breaking, I totally agree with that (as nerull said, it actually creates some strategy) , what I am suggesting is that every player should be aware in-game that the function to change ratio exist and can be used (if the function is accepted and retained).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Also it is wide spread through community already so I dont see it much of a problem for new players. If I was a new player I d search for a quick guide or something on the forum and see the 'booster trick' on the spot.

Still waiting for Lily Rosecult
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    The problem is the glitch allow people to only play meltdown with super decks. By allowing them to keep trying their boosters, it is unfair to those who play by the original rules.
    You cannot try indefinately. If you didnt like 3-1 for example and changed to 2-2 when you reload 3-1 again there are still same cards included as the first time.

One of the solutions (not sure how good though) would be to throw in one booster extra..
    Greatness, Reborn