Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiruth Devotee

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksaksa View Post
    Keep it alive for a turn and combo its ability with Forgotten Horror from the graveyard. Instakill and an additional ally on your side.

Question: If the ally controlled by our Devotee is killed later on in game, will it go to our graveyard as an undead ally or go back to the opponents/owner's graveyard and return to its original state?
    A Very safe assumption states that it will go to owners graveyard, and go there in its original state. So if you take your opponents puwen, upon death thay puwen will return to the opponents grave, and will not be an undead ally when it does so.

Though this does bring up the question of charred cowl of the damned
    If i have charred cowl out when that puwen dies ( it's still an undead ally while on the board) will it still come back? Or will it go to opponents graveyard, lose its undead status, and therefore not be revived by charred cowl because of it not being undead any more
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post

If i have charred cowl out when that puwen dies ( it's still an undead ally while on the board) will it still come back? Or will it go to opponents graveyard, lose its undead status, and therefore not be revived by charred cowl because of it not being undead any more
    It's a friendly Undead ally that was killed, so it will return back on the same side of the board as when it was killed set ablaze (by default all revivals go back to the same controller unless stated otherwise).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One thing to note. There is now no reason to ever run the old 2cc vanilla 1/4. (Forgot its name) This guy is 10x better in everyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoreck
    One thing to note. There is now no reason to ever run the old 2cc vanilla 1/4. (Forgot its name) This guy is 10x better in everyway.
    Well, technically there is still one reason to run Brutalis: if you want a 2cc 1/4 that can attack the hero. Of course then there's also Rapacious Vermin who's 1/5, but that has Sustain, so not the greatest to play early. Same with this sorta, with Meek, probably not going to do too much with him early.

But yeah, is still loads better, but then again Brutalis has been out-classed since Ironhide Karash came out really.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Well, technically there is still one reason to run Brutalis: if you want a 2cc 1/4 that can attack the hero. Of course then there's also Rapacious Vermin who's 1/5, but that has Sustain, so not the greatest to play early. Same with this sorta, with Meek, probably not going to do too much with him early.

But yeah, is still loads better, but then again Brutalis has been out-classed since Ironhide Karash came out really.

Agreed, and I am not saying that its a bad thing actually. This is a case were power creep is good. Shadow Heros needed a better turn 2 drop and this guy is awesome. And even then, they still gave it a con that brutalis can still do.

Also, i love your Avatar. Cannot wait to see his story!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoreck
    Also, i love your Avatar. Cannot wait to see his story!
    Thanks, lol. I thought that art was perfect to photoshop for that. And yeah, I have a feeling he's going to be my favorite character. Sounds like he might be a bit crazy, so should be a very interesting character.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You know, an undead vess deck might work really nicely. Since Vess can kill things on turn three for free with his hero ability, he can combo nicely with kiruth devotee.
    Going second...
    T2: kiruth
    T3: target enemy 3cc ally with kiruth ability. Attach mark of feared to either it, or kiruth, depending on state of the board. Now you have two allies, and they have 0-1.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    It's a friendly Undead ally that was killed, so it will return back on the same side of the board as when it was killed set ablaze (by default all revivals go back to the same controller unless stated otherwise).
    This remember me some situations where i dont knew what to do because wasn't sure how this ability resolve, and is hard reproduce the situation for me, So maybe Gondo can answer.

Case 1: If i have Charred cowl of the damned, and a friendly ally with Kiruth Abilty on.
    This ally die and both abilities can trigger, which one resolve first? and why?

Case 2: A extension to the example, what happen if the ally is Cryptspawn Tormentor (with undeads in the graveyard) ?

Case 3: And the last, I saw that if i kill Eternal Troll with Kiruth ability enabled, Kiruth ability trigger and eternal troll pass to my control (Why is this effect over eternal troll pasive skill? )

Too many questions but i think each one will be clear if i understand the first case. They should work similar.
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-08-2016 at 04:31 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    This remember me some situations where i dont knew what to do because wasn't sure how this ability resolve, and is hard reproduce the situation for me, So maybe Gondo can answer.

Case 1: If i have Charred cowl of the damned, and a friendly ally with Kiruth Abilty on.
    This ally die and both abilities can trigger, which one resolve first? and why?

Case 2: A extension to the example, what happen if the ally is Cryptspawn Tormentor (with undeads in the graveyard) ?

Case 3: And the last, I saw that if i kill Eternal Troll with Kiruth ability enabled, Kiruth ability trigger and eternal troll pass to my control (Why is this effect over eternal troll pasive skill? )

Too many questions but i think each one will be clear if i understand the first case. They should work similar.

I'm not sure I fully understand case 1 scenario, can you be a bit more specific in the example?

Case 2: Tormentor goes to hand (SRO checks ally, before armor -- Ruling)

Case 3: Troll comes to your side as vanilla undead 2/2. SRO allows your sides effects to resolve before opponents (SRO your Kiruth before his Troll)

EDIT: NOTE FOR CASE 3:

If you own troll, and opponent has Kiruth and used ability on your troll, and troll dies on your turn, he will trigger off himself before devotee so comes back as a 2/2 eternal troll homun with his ability still. (SRO your Troll before his Kiruth)

If you own the non-vanilla version of Eternal Troll (Summoned/Revived) and that troll is to the Left of Kiruth (Troll closest to hero), Troll will trigger off himself before devotee so comes back as a 2/2 eternal troll homun with his ability still. (SRO Troll before Kiruth)

If you own the non-vanilla version of Eternal Troll (Summoned/Revived) and that troll is to the Right of Kiruth (Kiruth closest to hero), Kiruth will trigger before Troll so comes back as a 2/2 vanilla undead. (SRO Kiruth before Troll)
    Last edited by Buqs; 01-08-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    Case 2: Tormentor goes to hand (SRO checks ally, before armor -- Ruling)

Case 3: Troll comes to your side as vanilla undead 2/2. SRO allows your sides effects to resolve before opponents

I'm not sure I fully understand case 1 scenario, can you be a bit more specific in the example?
    Sure, in Case 1:
    In board: CCotD + Kiruth + other Undead ally (Anyone, let's call him PoorAlly) : PoorAlly is with kiruth effect actived.

My opponent kill the PoorAlly, so he can returns at board by 2 ways, by Kiruth Effect like a PoorAlly without abilities, or like the normal PoorAlly in Blaze by CCotD

But reading the Ruling, if i undertund well, say that allies effects should resolve first, so PoorAlly should returns to board like a UndeadPoorAlly without abilities (By Kiruth Effect, and ignoring CCotD).

But now with your answer to case 2, i have a new question:

Case 4: What happen if i control Kiruth + Eternal Troll (Original, with pasive ability) and i use Kiruth ability?
    (is a unlikely scenario, but im curious about the logic in this cases)

EDIT: RESOLVED IN PREVIOUS POST

Cuz here we have a Pasive ability vs a Active ability in both allies from the same player (Active player)
    The Rulebook say in this cases of same category, that resolution should be in the same order the allies has been played... but can i put order between a pasive ability when i summon Eternal Troll vs a Active ability that not depends in what turn i summoned Kiruth?

Is just about the order in what the "fonts" has been played? don't care when the abilities has been actived?

AAAND talking about i remember other case with Anmor's Call and Twilight Eidolon where for SOME reason, Anmor always is priority, but this case is with other cards so probably this isnīt the topic fot that.
    I will be grateful if just case 4 can be explained on simple words :3

EDIT: Your Edit answered my question lol Ty!
    I will keep the text in case other player want to know.
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-08-2016 at 05:51 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.