Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiruth Devotee

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this card, and the keyword..

Its a good way to buff stats and activated abilities, and they'll go well with cards like Morbid Acolyte.. but hopefully Humans will be able to make good use of the keyword as well

My advice to anyone who tries to build a Meek mill deck: if the enemy's shadow energy stays charged up, you'll likely lose games back to back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too bad that abilites don't stay. stealing things as Brax, Worm, Oracle would have been great. So you would have to target strongest ally.
    How does this interact with supernova - I use ability, cast nova which kills both targeted ally and this guy - is the ability activated or not? SAme goes for tidal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Too bad that abilites don't stay. stealing things as Brax, Worm, Oracle would have been great. So you would have to target strongest ally.
    How does this interact with supernova - I use ability, cast nova which kills both targeted ally and this guy - is the ability activated or not? SAme goes for tidal
    I think it would actually still trigger the ability...sort of like how twilight lifebringer's ability doesn't end until it leaves the board - which means that it buffs twilight champion from lifebringers death (say on a supernova) before its ability ends.

I think the flavor behind wiping abilities on allies is that they become mindless zombies.

Also, I'm not sure that the ability is unusable until late game. Turn 3 with BB, you can start stealing puwens - doesn't seem like much but it can snowball quickly. Once you're stealing 5cc+ allies, you're getting very good value for a 3cc ability (just based on stats). Yes you have to kill the allies, but isn't killing an ally and playing a 3cc ally a common way to spend a turn in this game? - essentially you're getting +1 card and +1 ally in play for 3cc and doing something you'd be doing anyway.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 12-09-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    Sweet art. Very confused about how ability works, if it stays in effect when this little guy leaves the board
    If Devotee isn't in play when the targeted ally dies, then nothing happens since he wasn't there to reanimate that ally as an Undead soldier.

Once you have your Undead soldier ally, it doesn't matter what happens to Kiruth Devotee.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    So long as the Devotee is still in play when the targeted ally is killed, then Devotee will bring that ally back. But since SRO causes the game to kill off your allies on 0HP before opposing allies, it's really only going to bring back an ally somewhere to the left of your Devotee (since they come first in SRO). If the ally comes later in SRO, then Devotee will be killed and off the board before the targeted ally (to the right or opposing) is killed.

Hopefully this fits with how we imagine it would work in real life. The Devotee needs to be there to work his magic!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian
    If Devotee isn't in play when the targeted ally dies, then nothing happens since he wasn't there to reanimate that ally as an Undead soldier.

Once you have your Undead soldier ally, it doesn't matter what happens to Kiruth Devotee.
    Exactly what I figured would happen. Only the return is dependent on him, once the target has been killed and returned, then it's just already there, doesn't need the Devotee.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How will this card interact with Earthen Protector, Phoenix Urigon, and Twilight Eidolon ? will it's effect negated and the allies will come back again as undead ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajawali View Post
    How will this card interact with Earthen Protector, Phoenix Urigon, and Twilight Eidolon ? will it's effect negated and the allies will come back again as undead ?

My guess is it's like my employees at work; they aren't "friendly allies," even though I control them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajawali View Post
    SRO- active players ally abilities trigger first. So if opponent has a phoenix, my devotee targets it and i kill it, it becomes mine. If i dont kill it, and opponent uses sac lamb on it, it gets reborn on their side.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Keep it alive for a turn and combo its ability with Forgotten Horror from the graveyard. Instakill and an additional ally on your side.

Question: If the ally controlled by our Devotee is killed later on in game, will it go to our graveyard as an undead ally or go back to the opponents/owner's graveyard and return to its original state?