Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wink Logan "Stoneboner" [1.503]

Hey everyone! I am really new to this game but I am totally addicted. It's great, really. Anyway, this is my first post and my first deck. I am currently 208 rating but looking to climb higher and wanted to know if this deck has what it takes.

Allies:
    4 x Brutalis
    4 x Keldor
    4 x Plasma Behemoth
    2 x Shadow Knight

Abilities:
    4 x Valiant Defender
    2 x Reserve Weapon
    3 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Enrage
    4 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Blood Frenzy

Weapons:
    4 x Jeweler's Dream
    2 x Berserker's Edge

The goal is to gain board control with Plasma Behemoth + my hero ability with the aid of a turn four Jewler's Dream + Valiant Defender.
    I am totally boned if I don't draw a weapon, which has happened a few times. I am thinking about adding Berserker's Edge but I'm not sure how many or what to take out as I only want a 40 card deck. Anyway, I'm really new so any input from more experienced players would be appreciated.

Edit: So after playing a couple matches in which Berserker's Edge totally saved my bacon I decided to add two instead of DMT. While DMT is cool, he won't save me if I happen to not draw a weapon. I'm happy with this deck for now so I decided to give it a proper name (which I hope doesn't get me in trouble) and to post a turn order. Let me know if anything can be improved!

The ideal draw is pretty similar when going first or second:

T2: Brutalis or Crippling Blow if needed
    T3: Blood Frenzy or Keldor if you drew a good hand
    T4: Jewler's Dream + attack, activating Logan's ability if you went second, then Valiant Defender
    T5: Plasma Behemoth and if you went first, activate your ability and hack away and use your two extra resources to play a Crippling Blow, another Brutalis or activate Keldor's ability.
    T6: By now you usually have the board unless your opponent has a lot of creature removal or disables which can happen. Don't worry if that happens, just Lay down your Blood Frenzy if you didn't do so yet and try to look threatening! This deck has answers to most of the things you will face. Good luck!
    Last edited by ElqMilq; 04-05-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Berserker's Edge is a good idea. to help draw JD early, try adding bad santa. As for what to take out, I'm not really sure... the deck looks solid.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I also think this deck is solid and I havn't had too many problems. I'm not sure about Bad Santa. It seems like a double edged sword. Maybe I could take out DMT or a couple Keldor or even Brutalis as I often don't even have him on turn two. I really need that weapon or Logan's ability is useless.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks like a solid build. have you considered running dimension ripper? that cards awesome against mages. the only downside is i think this deck straight loses to moonstalker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My logan has barely changed since the 1.29 honestly... but you could try using molten destroyer or olgoth i suppose...

Allies
    4 x Brutalis
    4 x Infernal gargoyle
    4 x Plasma Behemoth
    3 x Death Mage Thaddeus

Abilities:
    2 x reserve weapon
    3 x Smashing Blow
    2 x Enrage
    4 x Crippling Blow
    4 x Blood Frenzy
    2 x Bad Santa
    2 x Shriek

Weapons:
    4 x Jeweler's Dream
    2 x Berserker's Edge

41 card total (used to only run 3 pb but need 4th due to logan nerf.)
    Last edited by Junk Style; 04-07-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dual wield's name changed to reserve weapon.

and just curious how does your deck work against mages? it seems like keldor would die too easily as opposed to gargoyle.
    Last edited by Lucifers Shadow; 04-06-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 draw cards are not enough. The only option you have is bad Santa, so try to add 2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mages are hard to beat. They just burn right through my allies. Shadow Knight helps a lot and I try not to lay down all my allies fearing the inevitable Supernova. I can usually keep up but Tome of Knowledge pretty much allows them to stay ahead of me.
    Moonstalker is actually my personal favorite match up. PB is good for that as long as I can protect them. I just pray they don't draw all of their Captured Prey.
    I've also been working on a variation of this deck using Ter Adun. I switchedout the Smashing Blow and added Shield Bash. It plays about the same but I'm not sure which is better. Anyway, thanks for the input!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You must keep Shriek to counter Tome of knowledge.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Shadow View Post
    dual wield's name changed to reserve weapon.

and just curious how does your deck work against mages? it seems like keldor would die too easily as opposed to gargoyle.
    yea... i didn't realize