Close

Thread: My Lance Deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My Lance Deck

King of new to this game and the forums, but I'm very glad I stumbled on the app last month. I was using Gwenneth for a while, but I got bored and decided to start a new deck with Lance. Here's what I have:

1x Lance Shadowstalker

3x Jasmine Rosecult
    2x Birgitte Skullborn
    2x Raven Wildheart
    2x Aldon the Brave
    2x Zoe Silversmith
    2x Priest of the Light
    2x Armored Sandworm
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Nightshade

4x Stop, Thief!
    3x Assassin's Cloak
    2x Retreat!
    3x Bad Santa

1x Crimson Vest
    2x Black Garb
    1x Anklebreaker
    4x Dagger of Unmasking

Total: 40 cards

I've only lost with this deck once so far, and that was because I made a mistake.

The entire strategy of this deck is to control the board. Lance will likely take damage early on, but one you start casting your allies you'll quickly gain the advantage. The goal is to eliminate as many opposing allies from the board. Assassin's Cloak will allow you to deal damage to allies without taking any damage in return.

When I used Gwenneth, I had difficulty dealing with opposing allies sometimes, especially with Ogloth the Glutton. This Lance deck easily gives you the advantage over any ally in the game, and keeps your opponent relying on his/her support to win which you can counter with Stop, Thief!

The only question I can see is having Zoe in the deck, but I like having the chance to increase the durability of my weapons to keep them in play longer. Perhaps this could be the only improvement with another card though.

Thoughts?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what if you play Darkclaw or Gwenneth, your Assasin Cloak and Crimson Vest would be useless...

I used to bring Dagger but now I replace them with AB... its more stable for Rogue and it fit your strategy of keeping momentum & tempo by killing all other allies...

no Ill-gotten gains? interesting... even if you dislike it, at least bring 1 copy it may do wonders...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Consider adding more Anklebreaker.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ibrani View Post
    what if you play Darkclaw or Gwenneth, your Assasin Cloak and Crimson Vest would be useless...

I used to bring Dagger but now I replace them with AB... its more stable for Rogue and it fit your strategy of keeping momentum & tempo by killing all other allies...

no Ill-gotten gains? interesting... even if you dislike it, at least bring 1 copy it may do wonders...
    I don't see much purpose for Ill Gotten Gains when you have Bad Santa in the deck as a draw option. I don't see much value in spending 4 resources to play that card.

The purpose of Crimson Vest is primarily to heal, not necessarily defend. It's come in handy MANY times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    Consider adding more Anklebreaker.
    I've thought of that, I think it may prove to be a bit more valuable at times than Dagger of Unmasking.

I made some adjustments, realized some cards really served no purpose. This is the deck I've been working with since:

Lance

3x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Puwen Bloodhelm
    2x Birgitte Skullborn
    2x Raven Wildheart
    2x Aldon
    2x POTL
    2x Earthen Protector
    2x Aeon Stormcaller

4x Assassination
    4x Stop, Thief!
    2x Retreat!
    3x Bad Santa
    3x Crimson Vest
    2x Anklebreaker
    3x Dagger of Unmasking

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the Dagger of unmaking but it has some weaknesses. In particular it can't deal with Armored Sandworm, and stealthed allies. A fun use of Unmaking is to regain your mind controlled allies. It's great but I would tend to choose Anklebreaker over unmaking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatzy View Post
    I like the Dagger of unmaking but it has some weaknesses. In particular it can't deal with Armored Sandworm, and stealthed allies. A fun use of Unmaking is to regain your mind controlled allies. It's great but I would tend to choose Anklebreaker over unmaking.
    That's a very good point, thank you for pointing this out. I also noticed that Dagger does nothing against Infernal Gargoyle either. I cut it and replaced with Ankelbreaker. Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ill-gotten gains is a good unilateral draw engine. when you play bad santa, especially against mages, it will help them as much, if not more, than it will help you, and you spent 1 card and 2 resources to play it.

if you are set on not using ill-gotten gains, than i suggest to at least put some tainted oracles in your deck along w/ the bad santas. deck needs more draw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IGG is possibly the best card for Rogues....that and stop Thief.....and Anklebreaker. All 3 for me are auto 4 include.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/