Close

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or maybe it's the 1st april in wulven time?
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    wulven can still refocus...they can super focus!
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I really hope this is some kind of clever Kyle troll post (he is the Troll King), designed to provoke support for the current system.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That looks wayyyyy too much like Hearthstone. Come on now, a little creativity. Maybe try to find a perfect medium between the board in the OP and the current board?

Also, I like that SE is a little "dark" and "gloomy" what with being set in a war torn world and all. It's a good opposite to the silly kiddiness of Hearthstone (seriously, that game blows; it's designed with a 13 year old in mind thus the relatively simple strategy and kiddy board/all that).

Keep it mature, just make it better looking. But unique and better looking.

W
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I'm really confused. Like really confused. My first thought is If this is really going to be the new board people are not going to see SE and think, "Oh, what a pretty looking game, maybe I'll check it out." I think most people's first thought would be, "HS clone, pass." Regardless, of how great it looks or plays or feels, if it's too close to Hearthstone, everyone is just going to think it's a watered down version (Even though SE came first!)

I also don't understand why a 3D board would even be a priority? Wulven knows that their Merchant, World Screen, Deck Builder needs to be polished, considering the game play interface works fine.

Also! Also. . . why would you focus on making things look less like cards when you've already chosen the physical card route?

Also, also, also. . . why would Wulven take the time to orchestrate a prank? To take our mind of things? Like, "Hahaha we'll pretend we're going to copy HS so everyone argues about that. Then we can have more time making the ACTUAL updates. Mwahahahahahaha." Okay. . .

Also (x4) Majiya having a Soul Seeker is really bothering me. So I guess technically that would make this a meltdown match? Ha!

Okay, I'm done now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I keep going back to the OP to look at it. It's really awful. Please don't turn this game into Hearthstone. It won't get the desired results.
    I'm really down with the idea of making the cards more art oriented with mouseovers and etc... but this is EXACTLY like Hearthstone.
    Decks on the sides, heroes and weapons and all that. Even the crappy "environment scenery" in the four corners. It's awful.

Wulven, you have already won the battle with them, because YOUR GAME IS BETTER. The game is fundamentally better, so you will ALWAYS be ahead. Now you need to get the bells and whistles on par to win the war.
    To do that, you don't need to copy. In fact, that'll just fuck things up, especially since they have the greater popularity right now.

Make the changes to the cards and mouseovers in a simply modernized and updated form of the current mat. Spruce it up a bit.
    Please do NOT actually send out an update with this board?

As a hardcore fan and guy who has put money into this thing... that'll really hurt.
    W
    Last edited by Wyell125; 04-28-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    White Wolf of Rivia
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyell125 View Post
    That looks wayyyyy too much like Hearthstone. Come on now, a little creativity. Maybe try to find a perfect medium between the board in the OP and the current board?

Also, I like that SE is a little "dark" and "gloomy" what with being set in a war torn world and all. It's a good opposite to the silly kiddiness of Hearthstone (seriously, that game blows; it's designed with a 13 year old in mind thus the relatively simple strategy and kiddy board/all that).

Keep it mature, just make it better looking. But unique and better looking.
    this^

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am with GDC on this. Looks way too much like Hearthstone. I rather have it be a mix of the old, MMDoC, and MtG: Online with 3d effects on the battleground. This just does not suit Shadow Era IMHO. Especially given the art style we have been going which is very MtG-like. A combination of these three would be fine. Just as reference to what I am referring to.

http://www.gamefront.com/wp-content/...TG_Screen2.jpg
    http://guides.gamepressure.com/might...hots/duel2.jpg

EDIT: To add on to what I would of rather see.

Take the perspective that MtG:Online has and incorporate it into Shadow Era. Then take aspects from MMDoC UI top bar having the "End Turn" button, and showing current resource counts, etc. I guess we could also use it to keep track of remaining Hero health and currently stored SE. Like have an HP bar and then the purple circle for SE following it. ANd didn't they say something about in-game avatars too? They can the replace banners with those.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 04-28-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    It's this. It has to be. And I have reasons!
    1. Why would they test with illegal decks? It makes no sense. (Don't be silly Majiya, you can't use Soul Seeker.)
    2. If we assume deck is on the left, then where is graveyard and resources? Those slots on the right and bottom? Well then Elad has 1 resource? and Majiya has zero? How have they even played cards?
    3. Whose turn is it? The current player can choose all of the items it seems and half of Elad's allies. Okay?
    4. Please tell me how Hero Attachments would work. Where would they go? You're telling me they designed a board and forgot to designate a space for Blood Frenzy?
    5. It looks like Chimera has no health. Not like 0 but there's just no number there.
    6. Also Shadow Energy. One of the most unique mechanics of the game and there's no obvious place where it would go?
    7. Plus where would attack/defense and durability go. There's no clear place where those numbers would fit.
    8. Also many other reasons.

Yay! I figured it out. What do I win?
    Last edited by AnomalousT; 04-28-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Man, so many SE people playing Hearthstone. I don't so I couldn't immediately relate it to that. I actually don't mind the current layout and design but I just find so much space wasted that could be used for something more useful. I think a redesign is needed to make it look more inline with today's graphical capabilities but that doesn't necessarily have to go the 3D route.

If there were several ideas on the drawing board, it would be interesting to see the other options.
    Last edited by danae; 04-29-2014 at 01:33 AM.