Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulligans

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    The test server avoids pissing people off by wrecking their chances in the current season, streaks, or what-have-you. It's an environment where one has all the cards available, and experimental save slots, etc.

Using the test server is a good idea, generally. Sometimes I feel that SF should still be only on Test....
    OR maybe it shouldn't take so freakin' long to complete!!!
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    don't forget the KS said estimated delivery was January 2014...this is ridiculous...how about a refund? (can take back everything I've received, which isn't much, and I'd be glad to just walk away for good if I get my KS money back...not like I'm getting what I invested in anyway)
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally, I disagree with the idea of mulligans. This is a card game. Card games are, by their very nature, games of chance. Yes, dead draws suck, but I've still had games where I played out a bad hand and still managed to win. I've also played games where I had a great opening hand, but then everything I drew after that sucked and I lost.

I think including mulligans would just complicate the game and really change the way it is played.

And, assuming it's just another random re-draw, you always take the chance of getting an even worse hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Free mulligan no penalty.
    Or just no.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Frould View Post
    Free mulligan no penalty.
    Or just no.
    And why shouldn't there be a penalty?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DSide Daemons View Post
    And why shouldn't there be a penalty?
    I think if have penalty it will be only successful in decks that have powerful draw engine Bad Santa, Enrage or Bazaar.
    it will be bad more than good for decks that run another draw engine.

-1 card in hand is too much in this game that is why cutlass in zaladar is too strong.
    Last edited by Frould; 06-20-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know, after playing a bunch of other games since my absence I've actually changed my mind on this. Shadow Era probably would benefit from having some form of mulligan. I don't think the proposed one is correct however, the mulligans only make sense before the game begins. Waiting for their first turn only causes issues imo. If we're going to add a mulligan, then a variety of them should be tested on the test server (so that it does not interfere with live) and those willing to provide their feedback should be able to do so in a reasonable capacity for each one. I think just adding one for the sake of it is worse than just leaving the issue alone. It has to be done right, not right away.

Anyways, I'm in support for a mulligan function for once.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    You know, after playing a bunch of other games since my absence I've actually changed my mind on this. Shadow Era probably would benefit from having some form of mulligan. I don't think the proposed one is correct however, the mulligans only make sense before the game begins. Waiting for their first turn only causes issues imo. If we're going to add a mulligan, then a variety of them should be tested on the test server (so that it does not interfere with live) and those willing to provide their feedback should be able to do so in a reasonable capacity for each one. I think just adding one for the sake of it is worse than just leaving the issue alone. It has to be done right, not right away.

Anyways, I'm in support for a mulligan function for once.
    heya Dem
    long time not see
    INDO Language Sub-Forum

[SF]Solo Nish/Loest
    Ythan Redthorn, Rush of the Twilight Deck
    Zaladar, Alpha Strike Deck
    Bloodfang, Howl of the Pack Deck

Eyes of the Phoenix
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Dragon
    Favorite SE activity: Meltdown & Deck-Building
    Favorite Card: Anklebreaker
    Favorite Hero: Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by udy View Post
    heya Dem
    long time not see
    Hi udy
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I DISAGREE on the chance of a Mulligan for Shadow Era, at least as we see it in other CCGs.

I'd go for a partial Mulligan eventually that means I'd give the 2nd player only such a chance as I still strongly believe that the starter still has a BIG advantage in this game so I won't give 1st player a chance to change his hand.

On a side note, please consider that Mulligan is going to ruin "Word of the Prophet" card, which is going to be MUCH LESS effective and usable when Mulligan applies.

Other input of a different possible Mulligan option: any player may Mulligan his/her hand up to 6 times. Anytime he/she chooses to Mulligan his starting hand is going to drop by one (so a Mulligan for the first player would have him/her drawing 5 cards only later).

In that way Mulligan is still an option but if u really wanna take advantage of that u have to think about the disadvantage of your starting had size.

Just my 2 cents,
    mm75