Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    First post!

I dont like locations too. I think they are mainly used as build your deck around them cards and more often they lead to a cheesy victorie. I know that their use in competive play is limited but i dont care for that atm because im not competive player yet. My encounter with locations are very frequent since day one on SEs qm. I was frustrated to watch my board of low cc allies die because of a no cost card that i could not read what benefits give to my oponent in time because the description is written for the casting player to read properly. Other case is the wisp plus templar combo. Really cheesy win there.

I know that they can be countered, but that comes at a cost to diversity. Everyone carries a copy or two of groundshift because of those five cards. They take valiable space from the deck and 1or 2 copies of groundshift does not guarenties that you ll have one in hand when you need it.

I tend to agree with many of the arguments against them, posted in this thread and elsewere and i share the opinion that they give many benefits for the player using them at low cost. The space in the deck they take argument i think it has less "value" because its only one or two card difference from the player dont using them, because he has to carry the counters anyway no matter the deck he is against.
    Locations and stall decks in my humble newb opinion are the most anoying thing in the game a newcomer ( and not only newcomers) can face. Sincirely believe that their existance (stall deck and locations) cost the game some players in regular basis.
    My sugestion for them is to remove locations from the game temporarily, balance them properly and then add them again. Then they might add to the game. For now i believe they are more harm than good.
    Please Spartan have any other people you know and play with post there thoughts on this so we can show how people feel before they just quit playing. We have to show what they think whether it is hurting or not and let people know it on these forums.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    Please Spartan have any other people you know and play with post there thoughts on this so we can show how people feel before they just quit playing. We have to show what they think whether it is hurting or not and let people know it on these forums.
    I dont know any new players. All people i know are vets and most of them highly rated players so they learn to live with locations i suppose. The vast mazority of newcomers if they dont like a game just quit before they give feedback for their reasons.

I like this game and i want it to see successfull so im sharing my thoughts as a player with 40 days of activity in the game. I would like to say to the board my point of view: Vets are keeping the/a game alive but happy newcomers is whats will make it flourish. I wish you every success guys!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    This is pretty vague. Which ones are imbalanced? Which are balanced?
    As i said above i have only 40 days of activity in this game and in card games in general so i cant talk about balance of cards. So let me refrase and say that they simply anoy me when i play against them litle less than stall decks do. I think they remove a part of the fun of the game for the player that faces them. A game should be fun in wining a match but also when loosing one.

I agree with gondorian when he says that the release of them was a rush decision ( i dont remember the exact words but thats is the impresion his post lelf me. If im wrong i apologize in advance). Too few of them were released and when the will be more matches i imagine would be more fun if its done corectly. If not it might backfire.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    I agree with gondorian when he says that the release of them was a rush decision ( i dont remember the exact words but thats is the impresion his post lelf me. If im wrong i apologize in advance). Too few of them were released and when the will be more matches i imagine would be more fun if its done corectly. If not it might backfire.
    I think there could be a lot of reasons that new players might not stick around and maybe Locations are one, but I really doubt it. We can actually mine the stats to find out what new players did after signing up and that would include whether they faced any Locations or not, so your hypothesis is very testable! If true, then we will really need to make some changes.

Your point about not being able to read the cards upside-down is a fair one that honestly I thought there would have been more complaints about but maybe people just leave rather than complaining. I think we could do a different view that they are both up the right way for the player (hence 3 copies of each art) which is not a high price to pay in storage for the sake of usability for our players.

Thanks for signing up to give your feedback, by the way. It means a lot to us.

As for Locations being "rushed out", I didn't quite say that. I said they came out earlier than originally planned, but we had enough time to consciously alter some aspects and they have been through a lot of changes since the initial release. I'm actually pretty happy with where they are now and I do encourage you to play a bit more before writing them off. There were many many detractors originally, who have now come round to the idea and embrace them. The fact the most active guy in the game and current World Champion sings their praises much surely count for a lot!?!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the post gondorian! I did well to apologize in advance and i do apologize again for being wrong about the meaning of your post.

To be fair had a long conversation about locations with my guildmates and they agree that they are balanced and not op by any means, but some of them might be anoying. I hope im wrong too about locations be a reason some newcomers quit. Just have in mind that human mind is a creature of habbit and everything you do in a daily basis can become familiar and pleasant even if at the begining where anoying. That is not the case with newcomers especially guildless ones that they have to figure out everything on their own.

My advise is to dig deep into that data of yours to find the reasons why some people quit se and do your best to minimize that reasons. If you need feedback just ask. You know better than me that the comunity will do their best to help you.

I wish again every success and happy data diging!

Edit: ill say that again and again....do your best to keep newcomers
    Last edited by Spartan; 08-12-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post

As for Locations being "rushed out", I didn't quite say that. I said they came out earlier than originally planned, but we had enough time to consciously alter some aspects and they have been through a lot of changes since the initial release. I'm actually pretty happy with where they are now and I do encourage you to play a bit more before writing them off. There were many many detractors originally, who have now come round to the idea and embrace them. The fact the most active guy in the game and current World Champion sings their praises much surely count for a lot!?!
    Why wouldn't he praise them and embrace them? There a easy cost free quick and overwhelming advantage to help him win. It be really odd if someone who was using them for cheap wins to not praise them. Everyone else was forced to make there decks around them just to keep up cause they cause such a major advantage for no cost or little cost. Its back to the whole cost to put into play again.

I could embrace them to and start winning games easier by building entire decks around only a set of 15 cards, but that is just boring and ruins the fun I find with game to be so limited.

I would love to see the statistics for How many players over a rating of 300 have locations in there decks vs don't have them.
    I rarely ever see locations being played below 300.

It seems to me if you want to keep up with the people using locations you have to use the cheap advantage cards that locations give yourself.
    I would love to see the numbers on this?

is there a way to know how many games I have played this month?
    Last edited by Fristar; 08-12-2017 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Additon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fristar View Post
    It seems to me if you want to keep up with the people using locations you have to use the cheap advantage cards that locations give yourself.
    This is almost true. To keep up with locations at the moment you do need to build a deck with locations in mind. This is what we call a meta. It happens in all tcg. Somebody finds something good, it catches on, then people come up with a way of countering it, then people beat the counter etc etc

You are choosing not to build your decks around locations, so you are spoiling the game for yourself if you want to be competitive.

You have 2 choices when it comes to tcg. Either you play all the different decks you want and don't worry about losing, or you play the deck that beats the current popular ones if you want to be competitive. It's very rare you get to do both, which is fine. You've just got to choose which type of experience you want.
    Locations can be beat, just Like the next thing to come along and be popular will be beaten, but you can't condemn cards over your own choice not to counter them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    This is almost true. To keep up with locations at the moment you do need to build a deck with locations in mind. This is what we call a meta. It happens in all tcg. Somebody finds something good, it catches on, then people come up with a way of countering it, then people beat the counter etc etc

You are choosing not to build your decks around locations, so you are spoiling the game for yourself if you want to be competitive.

You have 2 choices when it comes to tcg. Either you play all the different decks you want and don't worry about losing, or you play the deck that beats the current popular ones if you want to be competitive. It's very rare you get to do both, which is fine. You've just got to choose which type of experience you want.
    Locations can be beat, just Like the next thing to come along and be popular will be beaten, but you can't condemn cards over your own choice not to counter them.

Good points. Also he claims they are barely used below 300. Once you get to 300, you have to expect people to be using the best stuff out there. We certainly depend on them doing that to help guide balance.

Either Fristar is below 300 and barely sees them or he is above and it's kind of his duty as one of our elite players to adapt to the meta and help cause a shift.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Good points. Also he claims they are barely used below 300. Once you get to 300, you have to expect people to be using the best stuff out there. We certainly depend on them doing that to help guide balance.

Either Fristar is below 300 and barely sees them or he is above and it's kind of his duty as one of our elite players to adapt to the meta and help cause a shift.
    Im around 285-290 in the current month.
    I pull people from 250 - 350 and yes there is a line around 300 or so where i notice people below no locations and above people with locations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post

It just annoys me that to be that competitive you have to give up deck building. Its part of the games fun. You are forced to only play a certain way.