Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dude saying gg even before you have won or lost has nothing to do with being a badwinner/sore loser, i dont understand whats wrong with congratullating the skills of your opponent or the fun that you may have had while playing.
    Proud Member of ETC
    "Borrowing knowledge from all sources, taking the best
    from every study, Science of Mind brings together the
    highest enlightenment
    "

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NightDaemoness View Post

Ah, in that case you're even worse than a Gg-er IMO. A Gg-er may have the benefit of thinking he means well. This kind of playb style does not have that excuse.

ND
    you are correct sir, i am whats called a "bad winner"
    like i said in my first reply, You would probably rather get GG then my usual message, but i hope to play you soon !
    poopster [def] :

One who pwns noobs with feces or dung.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NightDaemoness View Post
    On your description of sportsmanship, may I quote something from your link:

A competitor who exhibits poor sportsmanship after losing a game or contest is often called a "sore loser" (those who show poor sportsmanship after winning are typically called "bad winners"). Sore loser behavior includes blaming others for the loss, not taking responsibility for personal actions that contributed to the defeat, reacting to the loss in an immature or improper fashion, making excuses for the defeat, and citing unfavorable conditions or other petty issues as reasons for the defeat.[4][5] A bad winner acts in a shallow fashion after their victory, such as gloating about his or her win, rubbing the win in the face of opponents, and lowering the opponent's self-esteem by constantly reminding them of how "poorly" they performed in comparison (even if they competed well).

I don't think I show the characteristics mentioned of a sore loser. On the other hand, a person, who send Gg BEFORE even his win can be considered a bad winner. Maybe they don't gloat as such, but they surely don't consider the feelings of the loser when making such remark.
    The good loser description is an ideal. There is no such thing as a good loser. There are numerous examples. Just ask a Carthaginian about it.
    reacting to the loss in an immature or improper fashion
    Even if I never said you are a sore loser (you said it), you are actually confirming it by saying that someone who sends you "GG" is a "Social retard who should learn something". Which means that you are reacting to the loss in an immature or improper fashion.
    I'm posting here because, like I said, if I played a good/close game and I am about to win I fell like sending a GG is a show of respect toward my opponent's skills, a way to tell him "you made me use everything I have to beat you: well done!".
    Wanna consider me a bad winner? You are free to think what you want.
    Enjoy your victories and keep insulting the ones who beat you.

PS:
    are you kidding me? Carthaginians lost in war, many people died! It was not a freaking card game...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What i really dislike, is the guy who say GG, two turn before you can win, then use soul reaper, energy disharge, or tidal wave then retreat / jasmine the next turn and KP, healing touch & co.... I always act carfuly, and clear the board against them. :P

Edit : i mean the guy who say "GG i lose" and then try to beat you with uber combo.
    Last edited by kentuequi; 12-07-2011 at 04:14 PM.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GG, son.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I say GG even when a one sided lose (I on losing end of course).It is my manner of saying My opponent has played well and praise his deck. If you have a joy in winning what makes you think that your opponent doesn't enjoy. You are just happy for him he won.

On the other side, when I win, I rather see my opponent's message as "GG" rather than "F*CK YOU" or "I had [insert excuse here]".

Oh like what you said,we are different people. I am happy playing SE,win or lose...

GG,ND
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosbBlack View Post
    Dude saying gg even before you have won or lost has nothing to do with being a badwinner/sore loser, i dont understand whats wrong with congratullating the skills of your opponent or the fun that you may have had while playing.
    That has to do with semantics, empathy and the interpretation of the hearer. I won't go into all that, takes too much time.

Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    reacting to the loss in an immature or improper fashion
    Even if I never said you are a sore loser (you said it), you are actually confirming it by saying that someone who sends you "GG" is a "Social retard who should learn something". Which means that you are reacting to the loss in an immature or improper fashion.
    I'm posting here because, like I said, if I played a good/close game and I am about to win I fell like sending a GG is a show of respect toward my opponent's skills, a way to tell him "you made me use everything I have to beat you: well done!".
    Wanna consider me a bad winner? You are free to think what you want.
    Enjoy your victories and keep insulting the ones who beat you.

PS:
    are you kidding me? Carthaginians lost in war, many people died! It was not a freaking card game...
    OK, you have a point there, immature and such. I notice you did not go into my other remarks.
    If it is all about a freaking cardgame, why get so upset about what I am saying?

Well, it has been nice sparring with words, but I have hit the wrong button with some ppl I notice. I have read a few threads on these fora, where the Gg issue was mentioned, but that must have been other ppl.

Thank you for answering all, and good gaming.

ND

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldazar View Post
    They are just saying that it was a good game, that even if they won, you played very well and it was a nice, close game.
    This. I realize not all players may agree with me but, personally, I think close games are the most fun regardless of whether I win or lose. And I will say "gg" regardless of whether I win or lose, because either way it was a good game.

It's actually sort of funny to see this thread. I used to try to say "gg" after every match, thinking it was the polite thing to do, but stopped because I got frustrated with how the delay in chat usually prevented it from displaying. So now I only say it when the match was close, but I was worried that I was being rude by not saying it after every match. And now this thread comes along and I find out at least one person thinks it's rude when I do say it! >_< Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda the Wuss View Post
    This. I realize not all players may agree with me but, personally, I think close games are the most fun regardless of whether I win or lose. And I will say "gg" regardless of whether I win or lose, because either way it was a good game.

It's actually sort of funny to see this thread. I used to try to say "gg" after every match, thinking it was the polite thing to do, but stopped because I got frustrated with how the delay in chat usually prevented it from displaying. So now I only say it when the match was close, but I was worried that I was being rude by not saying it after every match. And now this thread comes along and I find out at least one person thinks it's rude when I do say it! >_< Damned if you do, damned if you don't...
    Sup, brony! I love bronies!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Feeling upset when losing is not poor sportsmanship.

Feeling upset when the winner player offers a handshake is not poor sportsmanship.

Acting on those feelings, such as publicly lambasting those who offered you a handshake is poor sportsmanship.

Not to mention the title of the thread is worlds more offensive than gg!