Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Eladwen vs Darkclaw match with Commentary (pics)

You have been hit by a giant wall of pics! No, I hope people that are struggling against Darkclaw with Eladwen will appreciate this. I painstakingly screenshotted every turn. So maybe people won't just leave when they see Darkclaw now and would try to put up a good fight.

People have requested my deck list so here it is before you check out the match:

Eladwen
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Sandra Trueblade
    2x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4x Blake Windrunner
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Fireball
    4x Research
    4x Portal

Checking my deck now, I think I sacrificed something other than Aldon in my match since I only play with 3. Can't remember what but... meh. I only play 3 Sandras cause I don't find her useful after the early game and usually only becomes sacrificial fodder. If I go second I don't want Sandras in my hand anyways. I only play fireball and not lightning cause of the cost of lightning. At 5 resources I can play fireball + a 2 cost ally or use research. At 6 resources I can use fireball and Aldon/Jasmine, or nuke twice with 2x fireball. At 7 resources I can use fireball, 2 cost ally and research or fireball and 2x 2 cost ally... etc. If you time Eladwen's ability correctly, you don't need lightning to clear the board. Especially when lightning costs 4, a lot of times when I can use lightning, they have allies with 4 hp that my lightning would not kill. Using fireballs keep up the pace and combos better with low cost allies to regain the upper hand. Eladwen is essentially a free nuke already and it especially combos well with fireball against Aeon that has 8hp. I also only play 2 Aeons and 3 Aldons because I don't find Aldon a "game winning card" to justify having 4 in my deck when only 1 can be played at a time. And only 2 Aeons because I only use him for late game as a game saver when I'm losing, and a lot of times I sacrifice him early on for resource.

Enough talk, here's the match:

Darkclaw goes first
    Darkclaw second turn Bazaar
    Supermof second turn Blake

Darkclaw third turn What Big Teeth
    Supermof third turn Blake. Cannot attack cause of What Big Teeth.

Darkclaw fourth turn Lone Wolf. This is his ideal start.
    Supermof fourth turn Puwen and Research.

Darkclaw fifth turn Rain Delay in fear of attacks. Chips away at my hero's hp.
    Supermof fifth turn Jasmine, use research.
    Last edited by supermof; 03-02-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Darkclaw sixth turn Now You're Mine on Jasmine.

Supermof sixth turn Aldon, use research.

Darkclaw seventh turn attack Aldon.

Supermof seventh turn Aeon to save allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Darkclaw eighth turn Now You're Mine on Aldon. Captured Prey on Aeon. Attacks Aeon.

Supermof eighth turn Aldon and Jasmine, use research.

Darkclaw ninth turn attacks Aeon. (nothing else to show)
    Supermof ninth turn sacrifice Sandra (Sandra is 4 cost for maximum 1 damage only).

Still Supermof ninth turn cast Jasmine, Blake, Blake
    Last edited by supermof; 03-02-2011 at 10:53 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Darkclaw tenth turn cast Rain Delay.
    Supermof tenth turn cast Puwen, Sandra.

Darkclaw eleventh turn attacks Aeon only.
    Supermof eleventh turn cast Fireball, Aeon.

Still Supermof eleventh turn, attacks with all allies. Total damage on turn = 20.

Darkclaw twelfth turn Rain Delay and Rejuvanate. 14hp.
    Supermof twelfth turn skips turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Darkclaw thirteenth turn cast Keldor and Full Moon. 16hp.
    Supermof thirteenth turn skips turn.

Darkclaw fourteenth turn Rabid Bite on Jasmine. Jasmine takes out Blake.

Supermof fourteenth turn attacks with Jasmine and Blake for 4 damage. Casts 3 Fireballs for 12.

Supermof wins.

You'll notice I sacrificed only Sandra once and one other ally (can't remember what). I have 4 portals and 4 research in my deck. I used one research and sacrificed the rest along with all my portals and one other ally for 9 resource for 3 fireballs in one turn. I kept one Aldon in my hand in case he takes it out at the end. I actually had more allies to do damage at the end.

-Supermof
    Last edited by supermof; 03-02-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This is awesome! !

Thanks for the very insightful and detailed post ! your work into screenshotting it is much appreciated.

It also made me think a little about deckbuilding slightly differently regarding potential resources. I know I normally put more of a card than I would use in play because I expect to sacrifice some of them, but it is definitely very useful to map out beforehand what sorts of things you would use as resources while constructing your deck.
    Last edited by Narziss; 03-02-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yes

Works great. Thanks just tried it.

Kind Regards
    Pete

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're very welcome! I see a lot of people looking for tips against Darkclaw so I had the idea to screenshot my next Darkclaw game. Then 'lo and behold, next game Darkclaw. And just my egotistic self to screenshot immediately being sure I'd win lol. Would've been a pain in the ass if I lost huh? hahahha

Last screenshot: DEFEAT!!! lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can I just point out as well that generally when playing against darkclaw I tend to sacrafice my research cards since they normally are playing bad santas and bazaar cards so its just a waste to use them. Depends on the player Im playing against but this is probably a good rule of thumb.

Kind Regards
    Pete

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    True. Sometimes I do that. But I like to rely on my own deck rather than what my opponent plays. Even if he did cast a Bazaar, a lot of times I would still cast research to go through my deck quicker. Especially nearing the end of the game, having research for one extra card may let me attack with my allies that 1 or 2 turns earlier. Since you're not planning on attacking until you have exhausted your deck and have everything on the board, you'd want to go through your deck ASAP.