Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think keep portal to just mages but make it costs resources to use it's ability afterniys in play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniKiller View Post
    I think keep portal to just mages but make it costs resources to use it's ability afterniys in play.
    Yes, and make it 5 resources. If they reword it to: the next time you play an ally card it gets Haste...for like 3 resources would be good.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniKiller View Post
    I think it would be even better if Portal only lasted like 3 turns or... have it reduce the Hero's life by 1 for each round it stays open. Another alternative would be to have it automagically use 2 resources each round above the 3rd. If Resources are reduced below 2... the Portal is automatically destroyed.

If anything... a NUETRAL Portal of the type I described above, or some variation of... could quell some of the cries about it's power. Then the mage could have their portal (because they're all magic and stuff) and the non mages could have an artifact of some sort that granted them similar abilities (like an artifact which is not outside the realm of possibility in a fantasy realm). Heck... Maybe a portal ally 0/5 that is essentially a doorway allows summoned allies to attack immediately. This way enemy Allies could attack it and destroy the door way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just add 1 to the ability cost of Portal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guustavooo View Post
    Just add 1 to the ability cost of Portal
    leave portal alone and remove First Strike. Problem solved.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wow.... right now I remebered the eldawen is a girl lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think you still have to wait and see what weapons do to the power level of portal. its a completely different ball game when the stuff coming out of the portal is getting counter attacked by the opposing hero. if weapons are halfway decent they could reshuffle the balance of power to warriors. boris is already borderline good...imagine when he can attack opponents and their allies directly. rampage becomes good, blood frenzy becomes better. the update cannot come soon enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imanujakku View Post
    i think you still have to wait and see what weapons do to the power level of portal. its a completely different ball game when the stuff coming out of the portal is getting counter attacked by the opposing hero. if weapons are halfway decent they could reshuffle the balance of power to warriors. boris is already borderline good...imagine when he can attack opponents and their allies directly. rampage becomes good, blood frenzy becomes better. the update cannot come soon enough.
    agreed on all counts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorter View Post
    You know what I mean when I say "too good". I don't mean broken, just uneven, and yes u are correct, he is 4 for his 6. Now that I think of it he is alright.

And, yes, Fireball is also VERY advantageous. If cards were just designed with my proposed formula there would not be any problems. I am not going to pretend that I know more then the devs but I believe that if they truly aim to make a balanced game they should stop making cards that EVERYONE, given the Class and Faction into account, would just use in effect becoming staples, just as Portal and Research are for ALL Mage decks and those that don't use them are gimping themselves.

actually this is where you are wrong, making subpar cards will only lead to power creep. How would you balance Portal? making it cost more? okay it costs 7 now, instead. Do mages really need portal? no they dont. not at 7. they could just easily use them as resources for their games.

making things neutral will only make game stale. You will then see the same slew of staples per deck. The problem i see, is that the original 200 cards where ment to make the game "balanced" from day 1. but since they couldnt release all 200 in 1 swoop, we have seen quick beat decks. which is normal in all card games.

what makes Eladwen better than Nishaven? that you have to wait 2 turns before you clear the board? you have to wait 6 turns to kill just 2 critters. IF we look at the abilities for what they are.

The game is fine, just think that players have not opened up to how many other card combinations exist out there. Id say, wait for the complete set to come out. THEN if 3 months into it, the game becomes stale because only Eladwen decks are being played. thats when you know that set 2 has to have a way to balance this issue. Right now, i dont see an issue at all other than the lack of releasing the cards on time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"Portal leaves play after 3 turns (not including this one)"

I think that's fair. It would still be an awesome card. As it stands currently, if a mage plays portal turn 4, they're pretty near guaranteed a 90% win. A time limit makes it so the guy just has to weather the storm of your hasted creatures for three turns until it goes back to an even fight. Still an awesome card for 4CC.