Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Counter Measures / Tactical Advantage

This is my first attempt at card suggesting, so forgive me. I have always been a fan of control type decks. I loved playing counter blue back in my MtG days. While the ability of an instant spell is not feasible right now. I find it funny that the Hunter class has basically the games one counterspell type card. At first I was looking to make these cards a mage ability, but thought all classes have forms of defensive strategies. I like the face down aspect too, because the opponent will have to think about what cards they have to play that turn. Do they sacrifice to draw it out, or take a risk hoping it's only a Training? I also made it a 2 cost as a way to deal with early card draw mechanics. Truthfully, I would even go as far as to make it a one cost to really throw a monkey wrench into players strategies, lol. OP? Maybe. Fun? Definitely. Like Syndrome said in the Incredibles. Once everyone's OP. Then no one will be OP. I might be paraphrasing, lol.

Name: Counter Measures (Neutral Ability)
    Cost: 2
    Effect: Play face down. The next time an opponent plays a non-ally card. Counter that cards effect and place both cards into their owners graveyard.

Name: Tactical Advantage (Neutral Ability)
    Cost: 2
    Effect: Play face down. The next time an opponent plays a non-ally card. Look at the top 4 cards of your library. Place one card back on top of your library. Place the other three cards on the bottom of your library.

Edit #1: Changed the names of the cards to something more generalized.
    Last edited by fyrfytr998; 12-04-2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: name change
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like the 1st one, tho maybe change it to opponent plays an ability card, non ally could also refer to weapons or armor which wouldnt fit with supernatural resistance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually I do want it able to target weapons and armor. So maybe I will just think of a new name. I like that it can hit anything, but at the same time gives the opponent a chance at sacrificing something not as important, to trigger whatever it might be. Shifts tempo a bit.

My main thing is basically everyone is trying to be first out the gate, with little regard for card play. Turns are pretty cookie cutter right now. Having a card like this makes players pause to think through how to get around it.
    I'm old, experienced, and usually right. So eyes open, mouth shut, and you might learn a thing or two.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Better, Good idea for cards I could see having both at least 2 in my deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks. Hmm......50 or so views and only one person with input. I really didn't think the cards were that bad, lol. Especially since they are neutral. doesn't get much more balanced than neutral, lol.