Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    I had to search to see what Spectromancer is. Just found a video on youtube (Spectromancer Online Match #1). Cool music. I heard about a game called Kard Kombat about a month ago but haven't checked it yet. So they are the same game?
    Spectro is made by richard garfield, the guy who made MtG. It's ten bucks on steam and 100% worth it. KK is literally the exact same game (made by the same people) only the names of the cards are changed around and they don't have any of the original's expansions. You can get a demo of Spectro through steam, it's worth checking out. The KK demo is extremely limited and doesn't really have much strategy or cards involved so I wouldn't bother with it. Also, Spectromancer has drafting.

Anyways, pretty much every campaign mission in spectro has some weird twist with it that completely changes the strategy of the game, like say one player has max for one resource type but can't gain another, or one player has an ally that can't be targeted in play and only loses when that ally dies, in one fight your opponent has double life but skips their first three turns, etc. etc. Similar to what you've described. Each win will grant some bonus attached to the campaign, like card unlocks or temporary health/resource boosts. Eventually you also win a familiar, so you start with an ally in play all your games. none of it carries into multiplayer, of course, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by MistahBoweh; 12-08-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ