Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilkarma View Post
    I've been running ally-less and yeah the games are pretty long. The main deck it loses to is Amber. I'm gonna try ally-based again too.
    Looking forward to your results then!let's see whether with or without allies works best for Gwen.

Btw, Logan's berserker's edge and PB are big threats as well. How do you deal with that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree with everyone here. This deck is very close to its perfect balance. To me i would remove 3 jasmine, and add 1 bs, 1 misplaced and 1 aldon, relying on your weapon for kills after t4.

I would also reasses if you need an extra lily in there eg 2 oracle 4 lily, but you need to track which you are casting more and wanting more out the 2.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    Looking forward to your results then!let's see whether with or without allies works best for Gwen.

Btw, Logan's berserker's edge and PB are big threats as well. How do you deal with that?
    I haven't really played with ally-based Gwen yet. I mean my ally-less Gwen was actually very good, but my only complaint was that they were long games haha. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I disagree with everyone here. This deck is very close to its perfect balance. To me i would remove 3 jasmine, and add 1 bs, 1 misplaced and 1 aldon, relying on your weapon for kills after t4.

I would also reasses if you need an extra lily in there eg 2 oracle 4 lily, but you need to track which you are casting more and wanting more out the 2.
    Ally-less is good, it's the only build I've been running. I play 3 Lilys and 4 Oracles actually. It's be great. Just haven't played enough ally-based builds to judge which is better in the long run.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespid View Post
    I just tried this deck. It's really powerful. But a question, how do you beat Ter Adun? I can't seems to beat him. He used rampage + evil ascendant + violet thunderstorm + mourneblade and dominate the field with gargoyles and some low cost allies.

In this situation, what should I do? He has ability that can destroy my bow and then recharge it again with Shadow Font.

Should I ignore the allies and attack the hero? Or vice versa?

Should I cast more bows or drop more allies?

Any advice is much appreciated.
    Glad that you like it! You are winning quite a lot, good job Gwen!

But sadly, it's just bad against ter adun. If he focuses on destroying your bows, then you will have a hard time. I would say try to kill his allies and dominate the board. When you have both allies and bows on, the opponent will have to decide whether to deal with allies or bows first.

Anyway, ter adun is a bad match up. It's hard to win him. Just hope for the best. Good news is that there are not many aduns out there.

Also, you can't beat DC with it... Lack of poor quality, misplaced

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi Pete, thank you for your advice. Are you talking with regard to the original deck(with TOs) or the revised(with bazaars) one?

Curious, Why would you drop jasmine and add in misplaced?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like to TO be honest, so was referring to your op.
    Overall, i think misplaced is very useful. Its main use is like retreat, bouncing back weapons early like jd, forcing an opponent to replay his turn, and stalling while you place yourself better with ss etc.

I personally dislike bazaar as it means that people can misplace it on you and force you to rerun your turn or shriek it and leave you in a mess.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh and jasmine, i just think this deck does better without her, since you have already other 4cc to play rather than a 3cc agin on t4, but if you want her badly you could try fit her back in, but if your being honest I imagine you dont play her as much as you think, or you are playing her instead of aldon who sees no use since she is being played instead (and you shouldnt be doing this with this deck)
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like to TO be honest, so was referring to your op.
    Overall, i think misplaced is very useful. Its main use is like retreat, bouncing back weapons early like jd, forcing an opponent to replay his turn, and stalling while you place yourself better with ss etc.

I personally dislike bazaar as it means that people can misplace it on you and force you to rerun your turn or shriek it and leave you in a mess.
    But against warriors, TO gets crippled too often while bazaar seems better. How abt dealing with warriors?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh and jasmine, i just think this deck does better without her, since you have already other 4cc to play rather than a 3cc agin on t4, but if you want her badly you could try fit her back in, but if your being honest I imagine you dont play her as much as you think, or you are playing her instead of aldon who sees no use since she is being played instead (and you shouldnt be doing this with this deck)
    So you are viewing this as a fast kill deck and deal as much damage as possible?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    So you are viewing this as a fast kill deck and deal as much damage as possible?
    Actually I think its adaptable, against mage or warrior you dont want it to last very long since you will be unable to continue past turn 9 at a stretch. Other heroes you can play it longer, but I am guessing as the original deck poster you have a better idea than me on how to play the board out vs certain matchups?
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.