Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My 280+ Gwen deck (stuck in the 280-290 range) seeking advice~

After trying out my Gwen the Stealer allyless deck, which depends too much on Luck of draw, I am making a big change to it and come up with this new Gwen with allies:

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....4se132.4se185

I am having trouble with Jericho (though not many ppl playing him) cuz Gwen's power of taking out two allies a turn relies on Rapid Fire.

Another problem (I guess most heroes have the same trouble) is Logan, too strong...

When he has KP out, it's hard to decide whether to wear down its durability or to kill the allies (they are also harder to kill.. Even a brut has 5 life after killing the allies, he will have more allies out next turn... Meanwhile he kills my allies with his ability and CB another)
    Anddddd, when coupled with Berserker edge.. Deadly killer...when I hit him to try to wear down the KP, I'm like conducting a suicide. When he has berserkers edge and KP together on board, I really don't know which one to use my poor quality on..
    Sometimes I win Logan by going for the throat in the last turns. But if he gets Rampage and starts healing by killing my allies..whoops! I am gone...

Sometimes Lance might be a slight problem as well.

Any thoughts? Wishing for advice on it, thx~

Sometimes

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Vs Logan, it could help if you take out some of his allies early on, with e.g., death trap. (Try it, a T3 death trap can throw quite a wrench in the machinery of your opponent's deck.)
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Vs Logan, it could help if you take out some of his allies early on, with e.g., death trap. (Try it, a T3 death trap can throw quite a wrench in the machinery of your opponent's deck.)
    That's a good point, but what to take out in order to fit that in?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    That's a good point, but what to take out in order to fit that in?
    I would take out either the 4 Krys, the 4 Puwens, or 1 retreat + 1 poor quality + 1 Lily + 1 Rapid Fire. You'll have to try a little and see what works best. You can also e.g. take out the 4 Krys, then +3 Trap +1 Aldon, etc. Several configurations are possible, and the only way to really figure it out is to try.

If he does not respond here, try contacting iClipse and ask his opinion, he is a master Gwen player.
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would take out either the 4 Krys, the 4 Puwens, or 1 retreat + 1 poor quality + 1 Lily + 1 Rapid Fire. You'll have to try a little and see what works best. You can also e.g. take out the 4 Krys, then +3 Trap +1 Aldon, etc. Several configurations are possible, and the only way to really figure it out is to try.

If he does not respond here, try contacting iClipse and ask his opinion, he is a master Gwen player.
    Thank you a lot for the info! I tried to fit traps in, but it loses to human easily cuz they use Kris and skullborn to get rid of my trap easily...
    After continuous loses to warriors, I am forced to switch back to my nearly non-ally deck as below, which at least have a little bit fighting chance against warriors...

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....3se166.2se157

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry to hear my suggestions were not that helpful...
    With a list low on allies, is it a good idea perhaps to add a few more bows? When I played Gwen (mind you, this was in 1.26/1.27 though), I usually put 4 BDB + 3 SS in my decks.
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry to hear my suggestions were not that helpful...
    With a list low on allies, is it a good idea perhaps to add a few more bows? When I played Gwen (mind you, this was in 1.26/1.27 though), I usually put 4 BDB + 3 SS in my decks.
    Two conditions that are impOrtant: 2 attack so as to take out 4 life allies in one shot with ability, life regain through killing allies. Bdb used to be strong cuz of the spare SE to activate it... Maybe wait for the golden katar in 1.29?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Allyless decks just last too long and waste a lotta time. And I tend to lose in late games when stuff like KPs are out, or 10-resourse shadow knight loop occurs, or...

Started try again the ally-based one, and the games become fast (with early rush and hero doing 8 damage a turn to seal the deal). Maximized the draws to 4 bazzar plus 4 bad santas to support casting low cost allies.

The new deck looks like this:
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....4se155.3se027

won two warriors

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Allyless decks just last too long and waste a lotta time. And I tend to lose in late games when stuff like KPs are out, or 10-resourse shadow knight loop occurs, or...

Started try again the ally-based one, and the games become fast (with early rush and hero doing 8 damage a turn to seal the deal). Maximized the draws to 4 bazzar plus 4 bad santas to support casting low cost allies.

won two warriors

I just tried this deck. It's really powerful. But a question, how do you beat Ter Adun? I can't seems to beat him. He used rampage + evil ascendant + violet thunderstorm + mourneblade and dominate the field with gargoyles and some low cost allies.

In this situation, what should I do? He has ability that can destroy my bow and then recharge it again with Shadow Font.

Should I ignore the allies and attack the hero? Or vice versa?

Should I cast more bows or drop more allies?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

won two warriors

I've been running ally-less and yeah the games are pretty long. The main deck it loses to is Amber. I'm gonna try ally-based again too.