Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance deck from a new player

G'day everyone

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....2se136.3se157

Is the deck im currently play testing at the moment with some success, so i thought i might share.

Here is a quick run down of the cards and experience i have had with them.

Allies:
    Kris - Great opener and even better combo with assasination
    Jas - Great card, everybody hates her, hence why i have 4. Be prepared to lose her early. combos with lance
    Puwen - A meat and potatoes card, a good distraction and a sacrifice card mid to late game
    Aldon - Never sacrifice, this is your combo card. i tend to drop aldon when i anticipate i have board control for more then 1 round.
    Raven - A great card to drop with lance combo, the opponent has to deal with her.
    Oracle - I really like this card, a lot of opponents i play dont want to touch it due to its ability.

Abilities:
    Assassin training - I have 4 because i want it down all the time, excellent board control and hero killer. Once the opponent realises what it is doing it becomes an excellent distraction card and if they waste resources to remove it, i drop another.
    Assassination - Great card! must have 4 and combos better with kris, can also be used during a lay low.
    Stop, thief - can also be used during a lay low, try not to sacrifice early. a great card none the less.
    Reconnaissance - Great combo card with aldon, then at resource 6 if the game is in your control drop reconn, attack then lay low.
    Lay low - Ok, best way i can explain this card is to start by saying its a very situational card. Its a sacrifce card, combo card, distraction card and life saver card. When i drop this card i usually find my opponent still wants to do something during there next turn ie. drop an ally or item, this is where assassination and stop, thief come in.
    Bad santa - Obviously best card draw in game and i like a good santa bomb.
    Good ascendant - I dont like this card, but i am currently playing opponents who play its twin. If i can anticipate my opponent not having its twin i would either sacrfice or if im dominating drop it to rub some salt into the wound.

Synergy/ combos:
    Aldon and reconn are the main combos with jas and raven doing 5 damage each a turn when cards are present. I usually aim for 2-4 turns of combo damage which would range between 10-15 with jas and raven, less with the other allies during that turn. with only 2 aldon and the damage that can come when he is played puts a target on his head, to counter this i would sometimes help him with lances ability. I would consider using lances ability as defence when i get board control.

Lay low as mentioned is highly situational . it is a right slap in the face to the opponent after doing big combo damage and then lay low. I will sometimes drop a lay low at turn 5 just to negate a nova or tidal wave, the ability to distract/ stall is a big advantage for a rogue deck. Also lay low is currently bugged when verses some AI so the only real testing ground is against another player which i feel is the ideal testing ground.

I only aim to do combo damage 2-4 times a game, if the game isnt over after that, then things start to get tough. This build is in no way an auto-win and im not looking for heavy criticism. Im very aware of the weaknesses in this deck, im just not willing to give up on the rogue class just yet. I just thought i might share some tips i have found.

Let me apologise now if this is old news, any spelling or grammatical errors.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would get rid of taind oracle, GA, Lay Low, Assasins training and make x4 puwen, kris, santa, Stop, thief!, add some blakes, x2 gotten gains, retreat, misplace. And birgitte, actually birgitte skullborn + jasmine is stronger than kris+aldon in my opinion, but for this deck both are good.
    Last edited by Dima; 12-01-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by era40kyomi View Post
    Im very aware of the weaknesses in this deck, im just not willing to give up on the rogue class just yet. I just thought i might share some tips i have found.
    Well, at least your built is something new...
    How are you going with assassin's training? I think that for board control is a great card, but it also has the dark side that you cannot drop weapons durability with your allies. Stop, Thief helps in this way, so I'd probably add another 2 of them...
    Lay low: yeah, it works great with retreat, assassination and stop, thief; have you already thought of its synergy with misplaced, to retrieve it and allow you to attack on the second turn? (too bad that this card costs 3 resources...)
    Tainted Oracle: I hae your same feelings about this card. Still, i don't play it much because it's too situational, and it has too many counters (retreat, crippling blow etc.). Still, if you manage to keep it on the board you have 2 damage to finish opponent's allies or, even better, if you need cards you simply make him attack first and then die. Still, poor synergy with assassin's training here...
    Anyway, respect for trying something new with rogues and playing them for the fun of it...
    I have a request, though: could you write your in game name so that we can see how this deck works?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What is your in game name Kyomi? I want to see this deck in action.
    Supports the guild Enlisted to Endure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    idk
    TJ Chriz - A Proud member of Team Juggernauts!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nonono
    TJ Chriz - A Proud member of Team Juggernauts!