Mira Lightcaller will be a threat for Jasmine
    I like it..
    Crustt - Force Of The Light
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

SE : "Server challenge"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I increase Alora's health to 5, because she was too weak. Now she's 2/5 for 4cc, you can look in your opponent's hand, and offers a conditional draw. The warriors will probably never use the draw, since they have great draw mechanics and rarely they'll find themselves behind.

I changed Kara completely, because her ability was boring. Also, dealing 1 damage, even if it ignores armors, is not much if it requires to kill an ally. After thinking about it, I figured I'd almost never use her in the place of Jasmine. Now she can protect another ally with a useful ability.

I have included the new cards in the opening post as well.

Last edited by Anurak; 12-07-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anurak, I like these allies very much, but I think that Alora fits better hunters than warriors, and Mira fits better priests than hunters...
    Of course, I know that hunters have tracking that lets you see opponent's hand ongoing, but what if that card is misplaced or even destroyed: you put Alora on the board, and then you can see their hand + have an awesome ally on the board. Then, since Hunter's draw engine is not the best in the world, drawing the extra card could help a lot...
    Obviously, this is only my humble opinion... Let me repeat once again that I do like these allies: for me they can even stay as they are. It was only a thought I had in my mind and share with you. That's all.
    Once again, great work!

PS:
    Too bad for the D&D card game :( Well, at least it served you to get a good vote. ;)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    Anurak, I like these allies very much, but I think that Alora fits better hunters than warriors, and Mira fits better priests than hunters...
    Of course, I know that hunters have tracking that lets you see opponent's hand ongoing, but what if that card is misplaced or even destroyed: you put Alora on the board, and then you can see their hand + have an awesome ally on the board. Then, since Hunter's draw engine is not the best in the world, drawing the extra card could help a lot...
    Obviously, this is only my humble opinion... Let me repeat once again that I do like these allies: for me they can even stay as they are. It was only a thought I had in my mind and share with you. That's all.
    Once again, great work!

PS:
    Too bad for the D&D card game Well, at least it served you to get a good vote.
    I agree with both changes, but the problem was that I wanted 1 ally for each combinations. Fortunately I didn't have to make many changes. I just had to swap classes to 4 allies. For some strange reason the art and the abilities fit rather well the new classes. I think they look even better now. So, tell me what you think about the following changes.
    Mira changed to Hunter/Priest - Avelyn changed to Hunter/Mage
    Alora changed to Hunter/Rogue - Scarlet changed to Warrior/Rogue

You'll notice that the allies that swapped classes belonged to 2 different batches. This is why I believed it is always better for a game if all the cards are designed together, even if other reasons force you to release them afterwards in small sub-sets. Tell me what you think.

<->

<->
    Last edited by Anurak; 12-12-2011 at 12:54 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not trying to be mean but my problem with abilities like these is they take away some deck building strategy, and makes other cards less useful.

For instance, why would I put Reconnaissance in my deck if I have Alora Stillheart? It's an ally + Reconn, 2 for 1 deal.

Why play Bad Santa when you have Avelyn Sinbreaker? See what I mean?

(When MtG started doing stuff like that back around 2006 is when they ruined their game.)

Also, if you give so many unique allies to each class, who is going to play the standard Human/Shadow cards? Harder to balance and it will feel a lot less Human vs Shadow and more just class-based.

Then some cards just seem way too strong. Mira Lightcaller shows 27 health for only 4cc. In your other post, the ability for Dragonsoul Pagan seems too strong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ACrowley View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean but my problem with abilities like these is they take away some deck building strategy, and makes other cards less useful.

For instance, why would I put Reconnaissance in my deck if I have Alora Stillheart? It's an ally + Reconn, 2 for 1 deal.

Why play Bad Santa when you have Avelyn Sinbreaker? See what I mean?
    I don't perceive discussion as being mean. It's good we're exchanging opinions and thoughts.

Recon costs 1 less, it gives your allies +1, and you'll always draw a card. The draw with Alora isn't guaranteed and your allies won't get the +1 attack which they need so much in order to be useful.

Bad Santa is a neutral card. If class allies or even faction allies are worst than neutral cards, we should stop making other cards. Avelyn doesn't offer card advantage. She allows you to go through your deck faster (which is why I didn't want her to become mage ally in the first place, so I may change her in the future). Not only that, but the allies that are removed from your hand don't go back to your deck; they are discarded. If you read her ability carefully it doesn't say "Discard 2 cards and then draw 2 cards". It says "draw up to 2 cards if you discard the same number of cards". So if you have no cards in your hand, you can't use her ability. Bad Santa allows you to draw even if your hand is empty.

(When MtG started doing stuff like that back around 2006 is when they ruined their game.)
    I agree with you, but there are thousands of players out there (many are my friends) who disagree with both of us.

Also, if you give so many unique allies to each class, who is going to play the standard Human/Shadow cards? Harder to balance and it will feel a lot less Human vs Shadow and more just class-based.

Then some cards just seem way too strong. Mira Lightcaller shows 27 health for only 4cc. In your other post, the ability for Dragonsoul Pagan seems too strong.
    I don't see any reason why most allies should be human/shadow allies, instead of class allies. With class allies it becomes easier to give each class a unique feeling/theme and make decks different. If all the human allies can be included in every human deck, then those decks will be 60-70% the same. After all, even with all the allies I created the past month, Jasmine, Lily, Aeon, Aldon and Tainted Oracle are still useful in decks. I tried to give allies with different abilities than the abilities we have now.

I'll fix Mira. I uploaded them too fast, and I must have accidentally placed a wrong health value.

I updated Dragonsoul Pagan giving him a new ability.
    Last edited by Anurak; 12-08-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Junior Member Heimdall's Brother's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    I don't see any reason why most allies should be human/shadow allies, instead of class allies. With class allies it becomes easier to give each class a unique feeling/theme and make decks different. If all the human allies can be included in every human deck, then those decks will be 60-70% the same. After all, even with all the allies I created the past month, Jasmine, Lily, Aeon, Aldon and Tainted Oracle are still useful in decks. I tried to give allies with different abilities than the abilities we have now.
    I see it exactly like you. In my opinion, there should be much more class-based allies and abilities, maybe also dual-class allies. Gives to the classes a unique feeling

@ACrowley
    If you find a balance between all the cards, then class based cards are a nice way to improve this game, so dont worry, this wont ruin Shadow Era.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    I agree with both changes, but the problem was that I wanted 1 ally for each combinations. Fortunately I didn't have to make many changes. I just had to swap classes to 4 allies. For some strange reason the art and the abilities fit rather well the new classes. I think they look even better now. So, tell me what you think about the following changes.
    Mira changed to Hunter/Priest - Avelyn changed to Hunter/Mage
    Alora changed to Hunter/Rogue - Scarlet changed to Warrior/Rogue
    Oh, good ones... But Avelyn Sinbreaker... The name itself screams "I'm a priest ally"! :D

PS:
    If you do get to the Design Team (which is a thing I hope so much: you + qwerty + razcrux + someone else = Dream Team), please... Take ASAP Cloak and Dagger into the game, and don't forget to do something about the poor Nightshade... :(

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    Oh, good ones... But Avelyn Sinbreaker... The name itself screams "I'm a priest ally"!
    This is why now she has a new one. She also has a new ability because I didn't want to give mages more card drawing.Check her here.