Close

Thread: An Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

An Elementalis

After scrapping my way to 300 with a hero who I haven't seen much of I thought I would post:

Elementalis

Keldor x3
    Infernal Gargoyle x4
    Plasma Behemoth x4
    Dark Flayer x4
    Death Mage Thaddeus x4
    Spark x4

Soul Reaper x3
    Mind Control x4
    Shriek of Vengeance x3
    Bad Santa x4

Armor of Ages x2

40 cards

Strategy: Of course it changes depending on the opponent.. but usually the aim is to play allies early on to start damaging the opponent hero and take board control. As there are some heavy hitting decks out there, having some dead allies in your grave means there is a life source later on thanks to Soul Reaper (I include 3 so that I have more chance of getting one.. sac multiples). Life gain seems to be a must these days.. Try to save PB until late in game (don't sac if you can help it).

Use Ele's ability according to the most gain- but I try not to use it on Garg as most decks have a way of removing/returning an ally. Garg is quite a beast without the boost so I like to give another ally a chance for glory (2 annoying allies is better than one).

Shriek is for a bit of control - destroy a rain delay or a low cost weapon.. best to save for when there is a tactical advantage.
    The armor.. well it sometimes helps though I am not sure if I wouldn't rather have something else in those two slots. I included it to slow down weapon heavy decks.. I used to use BL and may go back to that.

I get by on 6 resources only, or at least hold on 6 until I need the 7th for a BS > MC or to play a Shriek. I include Sparks because- when very rarely- I draw 3+ in the starting hand, and the opponent can't counter and doesn't quit- well it's fun. Keldor is there because I didn't really use the card in the past and want to try it out.. may be a Jasmine etc deterrent when on the board (and the deck needs the damage). Flayer is for the 2 drop, could be Brute but I went for the extra damage that it can deal and the fact that it quite often deals damage to its killer.

Not the best deck in the world, but capable of holding it's own without big balls of flame or duel wielded, super charged swords.
    Last edited by tk5; 11-29-2011 at 01:25 PM.
    Must insert something witty here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks solid. I'm not sure on those Sparks though. Your motivation isn't really solid on them.. I think you're better of with firesnakes, those don't die to DM or Kris or Brute. At least not in one shot.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx for sharing!

May I ask how do you deal with blood frenzied Boris/Logan? And also king of pride..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No my motivation for the sparks is not strategic, I just like getting the magic combo now and then. Snake would be better but.. they are a bit dull. Also the game won't swing on this card so I choose the fun option.

I haven't faced any BLs. KP kills me every time but it is a final blow card- if my op has multiple allies out it is game over.. KP just cements it. AoA can absorb some damage but if it has got to that stage... If I started facing that kind of oppososition on a regular basis I would consider Acid Jet (but then figure that is pointless if there are multiple allies to kill) or E discharge.

Ele can't cover all the bases though.
    Must insert something witty here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thaddeus keep it 2.. unique is very annoying when u got 1 on the field when u out of card draw a card u get another Thaddeus..
    I use Zaladar from ur kind of deck format and use alot Shadow Font.. for Elementalis for grinding mission for gold..
    Elemental draw speed is the worse.. maybe add bazaar half mild and half offensive deck

I live to Adapt and Learn to be strong. Master in any card game but not poker.. LOL