Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, maybe i want join a guild, clan, team or whatever. Can i change my name ingame of shadow era?(i dont know how to change shadow era name if there is a way to change) or need i change it only in the forum here??

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityKnight View Post
    Hi, maybe i want join a guild, clan, team or whatever. Can i change my name ingame of shadow era?(i dont know how to change shadow era name if there is a way to change) or need i change it only in the forum here??
    You can change your ign or forum name by emailing support@shadowera.com.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How can anyone build a guild? I wanna make one for my city since i knew just a few players playing shadow era! Hopefully doing so would make other people in my city learn all the fun about shadowera and join the community! It would really be fun!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want to make a new guild, you just have to do it! There is nothing in the game or on the forum prohibiting new guilds.

Updating the list due to all the new guilds that have started lately. Let me know if I miss one, but give me 10 min please.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chanson311 View Post
    If you want to make a new guild, you just have to do it! There is nothing in the game or on the forum prohibiting new guilds.

Updating the list due to all the new guilds that have started lately. Let me know if I miss one, but give me 10 min please.

Thanks man so it is also possible many people join different guilds at once? Will there be exclusivity? Anyways thanks again

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

New guild

There is NEW Guild for EUROPEAN players! Lets join!!!!

http://www.shadowera.com/group.php?groupid=62

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Added The Guardians to the list of guilds in OP. They are sure to be great new competitors in SE.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Added The Guardians to the list of guilds in OP. They are sure to be great new competitors in SE.
    Thanks chanson311, we are still new but is growing quickly. We are mainly focus on getting stuff set up within the guild and building a closer bond at the moment. Right now we are setting up a tournament within a guild for the members in order to increase each others skill and get a little competitive. It will not be long though and we'll branch out and take on challenges and tournament outside our guild to represent the Guardians name. Look forward to competing with all of you and the best of luck to your guilds as well!
    Founder and formal leader of the guild Guardians of Shadow Era

Gift to the Shadow Era community
    scholarsoftheshadows.com

I serve the community anyway I can
    Want Deck Help or Advice l Want a Website for your Guild l Want Tips on Starting your own Guild
    Contact me for any of the above by PMing me on these forums

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chanson311 View Post
    There have been a few threads lately wondering what are the benefits to joining a “guild” and what exactly is a “guild.”

A guild as defined by Encarta Dictionary is “a club, society, or other organization of people with common interests or goals.”

To Shadow era, this usually means that a guild will have members that have similar goals in the game of Shadow Era. Don’t we all have the same goals… I mean we all want to win, right? Probably, but that is not enough to tie a guild together. An example of a more specific goal would be a new player who wants to learn strategy beyond the basic functions of the game. This goal is different from a player who has been playing competitively and is looking for idea collaboration and playtest partners.

OK so there are different guilds that will help different people with different goals. How do I know which guild I will fit in with? This takes a little research. There is a compiled list of guilds and all of their members (http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-find-out-here). This is a good place to start, however it is not necessarily up to date or definitive. The next place to look would be the guild’s recruitment page. This will most likely be updated within the last week, or at least at the last major change for the guild. This will usually give you a feel for the main goals and other objectives that the guild is hoping to achieve. Another thing to take note of is the amount of time you are willing to put into the guild and the game. Some guilds are more serious and require more of a commitment, while other guilds are more casual and less of a commitment. By now you should have a feel for how well your goals align with that guild. If you have any further questions or want to apply to the guild, send the leader a private message from your forum account. They will PM you back and answer any questions you have, or tell you if there are any further requirements to join their guild.

So what are the benefits to joining a guild?

Self-improvement. One of the biggest benefits to joining a guild is a large pool of knowledge. You are probably not an expert on everything and hopefully you will be able to learn or sharpen skills that you are less familiar with. You will likely have access to a private forum with knowledge that is not found on the SE forum. Along these same lines is the collaboration of ideas with players of similar skill or interest. It can be beneficial to have a group of players that you trust that will be willing to share their ideas with you. Quick matches can be a less than adequate gauge of how your deck will do in a league or tourney. Playing vs a pool of people who will have similar skills and decks as those in said events will help you tune your deck properly. Plus you can work out strategies and find strengths and weaknesses of heroes that you will play with and against. Most likely there will be an immediate improvement on your individual skills.

Scouting and advanced intel are other advantages to being in a guild. Got a match coming up vs (if this is a real account, it is complete coincidence) RandomPlayer222? I bet some guild members have played against him or would scout him and help you tune your strategy to defeat them. This kind of information can prove to be invaluable in a tourney or league and this info is not on the forum.

Another benefit is the ability to help others. It may not be about what a guild can do for you, but it may give you the opportunity to teach a newer player along and help them from your experience.

There is also the social aspect of a guild. When a member of your guild wins, or is doing well, there is a sense of camaraderie and fellowship. You can meet new people that you can be certain have at least Shadow Era in common. You can have quality discussions with people that will lead to friendship and hopefully a competitive edge.

Some members of guilds use the private forum to proofread strategy articles before they are published publicly.

I know one guild that even claims to increase your magical powers and luck by 75% and give you a better mustache. I can neither confirm nor deny this claim

Are there any drawbacks or negatives to joining a guild?

Yes there are some negatives of being in a guild.Some of the members in guilds run tournaments, leagues, and other events for Shadow Era. Because of the high competitive level of the events there are issues of secrecy, bias, and fairness that must be taken into higher consideration by members of a guild, as a guild would imply an inherent bias. This high level of precaution and the occasional unfounded accusation are an extra burden on the event organizers.

Another negative to being in a guild is conflict. Two different types of conflict that come to mind are guild vs guild and member vs member. There is bound to be some heat built up between rival guilds. This is natural. The problem is when it becomes less about the game and more about slinging mud on the forum. There has been some guild vs guild conflict between Team Juggernauts and Alliance One (A1) and also between TLOTpSGR and The Shining Stars. Usually this doesn’t look good for either guild involved in the conflict, and especially for the actual members doing the mud-slinging.

Member vs member conflict is also another negative. When members feud within a guild, it can break the unity of the members. This can create cliques within the guild. Sometimes it can get so bad that members have to be asked to leave the guild.

Hopefully this article has addressed all of the questions that you may have had about guilds.

Here is a quick list of current guilds in alphabetical order:

Acolytes of A1 (AA1) (Affiliated with A1
    Alliance One (A1)
    Enlisted 2 Endure (E2E)
    The Guardians
    The Janissary Hearth
    Shadow Era, ASF (Affiliated with ETC)
    Shadow Era, ETC
    The Shining Stars
    Team Juggernauts (TJ)
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix (WotBP)

Disbanded Guilds:

Broken Ambitions
    Kids n’ Teens
    The Marksmen
    Thieves Guild: Dark Assassins (DA) (Reinvented as WotBP)
    TLOTpSGR
    Wolf Pack

Much of information for this article was taken from the thread WHY join a guild? started by FreeHansje (http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ght=join+guild)
    This article has information shared by Myself, MattOG, He-Man, GS693, Bayfighter, Raphael Majere, Padawan Pete, PabloMag, and DnDFreak on that post. Honorable mention goes to N3rd4Christ who trolled that post like a boss.

Please feel free to comment with any guild information that I may have forgotten.
    Hello, I'm very new to the forums and now getting into the hang of things; as a new person this article definitely helped me to understand guilds a lot better. Your article was very well written, I also appreciated that you included some cons as well as the benefits. Now I'll have a beter idea of what to expect when I do join a guild later on.