Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Ter Adun - 1.28 - 320+ Rating

Hello People,

After a couple weeks of ladder racing I've decided to post the Ter Adun deck that I used. Originally it got me to 312 rating, I then switched to a few diff heroes but have came back to Ter Adun and am holding strong between 320-325 rating. Haven't gone lower and haven't gone above that.

Hero: Ter Adun

Allies:
    4x Carniboar
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Bad Wolf
    4x Chimera
    4x Plasma Behemoth

Abilities/Items:
    4x Valiant Defender
    4x Crippling Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Bad Santa
    1x War Banner
    1x Enrage
    2x Shadowspawn

Weapons/Armors:
    2x Dimension Ripper
    1x King's Pride

Card Choices: Allies

Carniboar: At one point I ran brutalis but found that Carniboar is a bit more flexible especially when you need that little extra damage, He is able to stand up to all the T1 allies that come from a pesky Eldawen deck and can take out pwen when going second after killing Krystofer.

Infernal Gargoyle: This is a great card mainly to use vs DC or any deck that runs Evil Ascendant.

Bad Wolf: This is a great card mainly to use vs DC or any deck that runs Evil Ascendant. Plus it’s a nice ¾ ally.

Chimera: This is probably the one that people will ask why I am running. This card is rarely seen in any decks. The main reason is that I run VD and it helps to keep it alive, not to mention with its 5 health it can take a beating and survive at least 1 turn. With VD on the field + the ability next turn it can take out any of the higher tier allies.

Plasma Behemoth: A great 5 cost ally, if you can protect it. It is great and functions under many of the stall cards, especially the annoying rain delay and crippling blows.

Card Choices: Abilities

Blood Frenzy: Do I need to explain why this is being used?

Crippling Blow: Anohter Duhh Card, Works great against any class with an attack only ally.

Bad Santa: You don’t always get BF and sometimes late game you need those few extra cards, Wether its drawing that Enrage that will help you stay alive vs Eldawen or a CB to stop that SK.

War Banner/King’s Pride: Often Played in the later turns of the game to give the extra boost to allies. Usually KP ends up being the kill card along with allies on the board. Plus it also offers decent protection. Avoid playing it VS warriors/priests unless you need to or its gonna get popped.

Enrage: Makes up for BF and helps live longer. Works great vs eld and can make the diff.

Shadowspawn: This card originally was added to the deck to counter Eldawen but its not that great of a card as you still take 2 damage. I have found it useful to disarm dark claw, moonstalker or even the occasional Logan that has been stalled by VD. In many cases I often sac it but it has been a critical card in quite a few games.

Dimernsion Ripper: At one point iwas running 4 mainly to play vs eldawen, Since after a turn 5 you usually expect a PB and after that you often get it Nova’d to death. DR helps you not only by dealing damage but also gives you a chance to steal some of Eld’s burn cards. Taking that fireball away thus preventing 4 damage can make a huge diff later in the game.

Valiant Defender: There are too many logans running out there, logan is only really powerful due to his ability. If you deny him of his ability by protecting your allies with VD then he basically becomes a Ter Adun that cant destroy items. Often times 2 VD’s followed by a timely ShadowSpawn can turn the tide in a game.

It’s a fun deck to play, took me a while to get used to running the deck and getting comfortable with it. Its important to remember how many of each card you still have in your deck. At first I found myself waiting for that KP when I had forgotten I had sacked it a few turns back. The deck can easily be a Logan deck minus Logan =P I just enjoy playing this deck over any others I have played. While you can easily lose to an Eldawen that pulls off the perfect draw (but who doesn’t) it has a chance if you get really lucky. Against MoonStalker it can be an uphill battle due to not being able to attack his allies.

The one ally many will ask why I have none in the deck are Death mage, Chimera and Death Mage are interchanged often in the deck, I run the deck with both, depends on what mood im in =P

Hope you can all have as much fun with the deck as I have.
    Last edited by N3rd4Christ; 11-27-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

you werent supposed to share it
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thx for sharing
    I will gibe it a try
    Master Blakes, A1's Magus of the Future - A1: Luck is for the meek.

Need help with your deck / test it ?
    Find me in the IRC chatroom and I'll help .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What i like about ter Adun that there are hundreds of possible good decks that are compitable with any hero, thats show how free item destruction is important in this game + warriors class ownage. but id like to see 2x king pride in any warrior deck cause its such an imba art... + a few shadow font would be great to ruin opponents strategy to get off less usefull item to cast another.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont think that Ter Adun is a great fear.

When I play my Eladwen or Boris.

Just a early board control and its GG.
    BLooDRunsCoLD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the thing is, with Ter Adun... the THREAT of shadowfont is almost as good as having it.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ter Adun is not a fear, but unless other heroes he has chances to beat any high-rated heroes with tuned deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome deck, thanks

There are a lot of strange errors in the article:

Plus it&rsquo;s a nice ¾ ally.

You don&rsquo;t always get BF

(but who doesn&rsquo;t)

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Excellent post and deck. TBH, no offence to Cait, 4 VD in a ter adun deck is definite for me since 1.26. It's the only thing that Adun has, as a game-swinger, to turn tides.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Excellent post and deck.
    + 1
    I always loved to play warriors. I started with Boris in 1.26 and they are my favourite heroes, but never thought about playing ter adun, I didn't like him. But in this version and in the next with so many weapons, his hability is very nice.

I think I'm gona try this deck in one of my alt accounts, thx for sharing it nerd!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I was soundly defeated by b0hater 1-2. Nicely done!
    Team Juggernauts ELDER
    Winner of TLOTpSGR 1.28 Tournament
    PFGs member