Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Research

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    I played against a lance deck that used IGG, Recon, and Tainted Oracles as his draw. It worked very well for him.
    That game shows me a couple of things:
    - IGG, i already know, is a great card, but too expensive... And I surely wouldn't play it after a board wipe!
    - Tainded Oracle in particular circumstances works, but that is his biggest problem: he needs circumstances to work! crippling blow, captired prey, retreat etc. shut him down really bad...
    - Erika against mages is a no no...
    - Lance is too slow at 4SE, damn it! I don't know, maybe it's his card pool too, but a rogues NEEDS to be quick and deadly... 3SE would give him the right boost, imo.
    - that guy did not play assassinations or retreats... I think he was unlucky, in a 44 cards deck I don't think he does not have any of the two...
    GG though, Drakkon: I like the way you play Majiya. Actually, maybe that is the only way to play her in 1.28: board control. She's not Eladwen...

@Kingsider: Bazaar is a good counter for Blood Frenzy, since it brings the warrior card advantage from 2:1 to 3:2.
    Keep in mind, though, that it's still giving him more cards than you... I'd always keep at least reconnaissance to couple it. I'm really tempted by the Oracle, you know? Maybe played covered by Birgitte or Aeon one can use it the right way... Still, another situational card for us, right? :p
    Actually, if IGG was a little more viable I'd run only bad santas and IGG, TBH.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks. I really love her ability. I think it's slow at 4.. But her ability and research are all the draw I need.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let's start a big and bloody debate, Assasinated vs Retreat!
    Which one is better overall?
    In what quantities should they be included? which is the main (4 or 3 cards) option, which one is the support (2 cards)?
    Retreat gets points for flexibility; Assasinated has raw power - any opposing ally dead with 3 cc under certain conditions.
    Supports the guild Enlisted to Endure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just wrote down quite a lot on this topic in my Serena article (link in my sig). Basically almost all of the rogue cards are too expensive and add no value in proper board control or getting ahead. A lot are "win more" cards which is highly unhelpful in this current fast meta.

As for retreat vs assassinate - retreat trumps it. Cheaper, reliable, versatile (can use it on your own) AND no conditions. Assassinate is fine if you have an unexhausted ally on board, but what happens if you don't? How do you win the board back then?

Also, adding Kris and Nightshade works with assassinate but I hate that you are forced to add in 8 cards just to make it work when normally I wouldn't consider Kris as a great Rogue addition.
    Nightshade is not worth 2cc considering your other 2 drops are puwen or Blake... Especially behind a skullborn.

My thoughts on all the other cards are in my article so i won't repeat myself here
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't decide which one is better, so I run 3 of both.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Run 4 retreat. If you really need extra, 2 x assassinate. Between Jas, Retreat and Lance ability you should be ok. If running Serena then umm.. Well I don't know what you to tbh. I suppose run an extra assassinate but it's not a perfect solution.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I appreaciate getting permanently rid of nasty/big things so much that I cannot bring myself to go bellow 3 Assasinated
    Time will tell. My nullifier deck had no assasinated. I think the current "jack of all trades" does better.
    I think...
    Last edited by Kingsider; 12-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Assassinate > Retreat. I've always thought Retreat was a bit of a waste. But I roll 4 kris and lance...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anyone else use Lance's ability with birgitte? with 1 res and 4 SE you create a stealth barrier behind which you can bring allies on the board, or keep current allies alive. Birgitte can also assasinate while doing it :P
    Nasty combo.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsider View Post
    Anyone else use Lance's ability with birgitte? with 1 res and 4 SE you create a stealth barrier behind which you can bring allies on the board, or keep current allies alive. Birgitte can also assasinate while doing it :P
    Nasty combo.
    Weakness lies in direct dmg, retreat, NYM