Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Rogue looking for advise: Lance deck

HI, I made this deck and then tried it. you can see the game Hailgard (Lance) VS Shintah (Boris) I barely win. So need advise.

2 Jasmine
    4 Kris
    4 Puwen
    2 Raven
    2 Aldon
    5 Sandworm
    1 Marshland
    2 Oracle
    1 oracle

2 Assassination
    4 Knife
    2 Posion
    3 Stop thief
    2 Assassin training
    2 IGG
    2 mugged
    2 Crimson Vest

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    umm...
    Why is oracle mentioned twice?
    And how exactly did you get five worms into that deck? Tell me how :P

IMO Ditch the knife, and the poison, not worth it.
    Supports the guild Enlisted to Endure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha....typos! I meant 4 Sandworm and the last oracle is 1 Aeon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kingsider, Thanks for the input i changed my deck, i agree that dagger and poison are worthless.

2 Jasmine
    4 Kris
    4 Puwen
    2 Raven
    3 Aldon
    2 Sandworm
    1 Marshland
    2 Oracle
    1 Aeon
    (21 allies)
    3 Assassination
    3 Stop thief
    3 recon
    2 Assassin training
    2 IGG
    2 mugged
    2 Crimson Vest
    2 Retreat
    (19 abilities/item)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is Hailgard yor IGN?
    I would like to see this deck in action before I impose my views on it - it is interesting.
    You can find my decks out there on the strategy section, you may use them for reference. Check out "rogue research" as well, we have some sweet ideas out there.
    Supports the guild Enlisted to Endure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your up for fun then play the deck but if you want to win...never play rogue!
    BLooDRunsCoLD

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TRNL View Post
    If your up for fun then play the deck but if you want to win...never play rogue!
    That's a joke....
    A Rogue can beat almost everyone except Weapon based decks.....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    cards that the rogue can't really utilize well:

everything.

that being said, you need to add 2 retreat, 1 assassination. night prowler can help, (and i mean seriously help) so try adding 2 of those.

IGG and ST! are very overpriced, and can't be utilized in the meta (well, never really could) cost-effectively. so i would drop them for one of the new abilities, probably poor quality or misplaced (because rogues are very weak against weapon damage), and maybe a good ascendant so you can keep your allies alive while you wait to play an assassination.

however, when it comes to new abilities, honored dead and radiant sunlight aren't really worth it.

mugged...well, keep it in for the sake of it for now, but keep in mind it's a very poorly cost-balanced card. playing it isn't optimal unless you need to to survive, or if you have CC to burn. but drop it if you think your deck is getting too big.

now, you need card draw. sadly, rogues card draw (IGG) is shit. like i said, you really should drop it for something more effective, such as 4 santa 2 bazaar.

marshland is a good(ish) ally, but his SE cost holds a much bigger impact since you are lance, and your ability is the only reason he isn't as bad as serena. better ally choices would include 2 more jasmine, and possibly a lily or two to res those items (see: 1.29 weapons) that you'll be using in a little bit.
    Last edited by Ekoz; 12-06-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekoz View Post
    cards that the rogue can't really utilize well:

everything.

that being said, you need to add 2 retreat, 1 assassination. night prowler can help, (and i mean seriously help) so try adding 2 of those.

IGG and ST! are very overpriced, and can't be utilized in the meta (well, never really could) cost-effectively. so i would drop them for one of the new abilities, probably poor quality or misplaced (because rogues are very weak against weapon damage), and maybe a good ascendant so you can keep your allies alive while you wait to play an assassination.

however, when it comes to new abilities, honored dead and radiant sunlight aren't really worth it.

mugged...well, keep it in for the sake of it for now, but keep in mind it's a very poorly cost-balanced card. playing it isn't optimal unless you need to to survive, or if you have CC to burn. but drop it if you think your deck is getting too big.

now, you need card draw. sadly, rogues card draw (IGG) is shit. like i said, you really should drop it for something more effective, such as 4 santa 2 bazaar.

marshland is a good(ish) ally, but his SE cost holds a much bigger impact since you are lance, and your ability is the only reason he isn't as bad as serena. better ally choices would include 2 more jasmine, and possibly a lily or two to res those items (see: 1.29 weapons) that you'll be using in a little bit.
    I disagree with Stop Thief. This can make or break your game. Especially when it comes down to a key item or weapon card. Not only does it take out any sort of item card, it gives you a + 1 resource. Play this to take out a SS or a VoW and gain an extra resource that can be used for another card (ex: Kris or Brigitte). I recommend for some good Rouge item removal to have 4 S,T! and Two misplaced.

IGG is hard to use mainly because this is something for the mid to late game rather than early on. If you draw it too early you pretty much kicked yourself. if you draw it later on you got yourself an advantage with draw power so long as enemy cards are being "destroy" (not sent or discarded or used). I don't use it in my set up. For draw power, I use a combination of Bazar and Bad Santa. You want to have a combination of 6. I have lost games because I had more of one card than the other in certain situations.

Mugged shouldn't be underestimated. This card is a 5 point swing. This card saved me from getting owned by a Eladwen burn deck (although the guy playing did make some poor mistakes) and I managed to win with 1 health point remaining. The problem with this card is being able to use it at the right time or whether to keep the card on your or not.

Marshland is good, but if you are going to focus on pushing a strong attack, You might want to just have Raven and use Lance's Ability on her so she can instantly reduce an enemy ally to zero right off the bat instead of waiting the next turn and from there use SE.

As for your deck OP, your deck lacks a goal and cards that can work towards that goal. I recommend you read up Cruxx's The Rule of Six and use this as a basis to build a deck based on 6 different goals that can be supported and can interconnect with each other to provide greater success.

I'll quote the Rouge deck that was created using this system. i used it for a while but have since refined it to suit my own styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxx View Post
    Rouge deck, made up within 3 minutes with the Rule of Six.

I - Draw mechanic
    4 Bazaar
    2 Bad Santa

[I prefer Bazaar > Bad Santa most of the time, because Santa gives you additional cards constantly. It's really up to personal play style though.]

II - Item removal
    4 Stop, thief!
    2 Misplaced

[Trust me when I tell you, I would give a lot to have such dependable item destruction as Stop, thief! Jeah it costs 5 resources, but you can destroy any target (oh how my shadowy Wulven heart longs for such a card...) and you get one resource for free - so basically the cost is 4. Misplaced is the perfect card to keep the balance, super cheap and useful in different situations (could also be used to pick up your own Bazaar if you are in a better position than your opponent and want to keep him at low cards.)]

III - Early board presence (round 1 or 2)
    4 Kristoffer
    2 Birgitte

[Both cards are useful throughout the game. Needing to chew through a Birgitte to target the real threat can be a life saver. Also Kristoffer works well at any point in the game to get out some burst damage. Works especially well with the next goal]

IV - Buffing creatures
    3 Aldon
    3 Reconnaissance

[Aldon: Probably the strongest creature in the game relative to its cost.
    Reconnaissance: One of my all time favorite rogue cards. 3 great effects for the low cost of 3. Buffing your creatures works really well with Lance's ability. Also drawing an additional card and seeing the hand of you opponent can give you a huge benefit - just adapt to the cards that are available to him.]

V - Creature control
    4 Assassination
    2 Retreat!

[Destroying any enemy ally for the cost of 3 is immensely powerful! Retreat! should be used against hard hitters until it hopefully gets nerfed at some point in the future.]

VI - Strong creatures (with additional control abilities)
    3 Jasmine
    3 Raven

[Both work very well with Lance's ability, enabling them to skip their inherent restriction of being delayed for a round. Great cards in themselves, great synergy with the hero and even more creature control. Theorycrafting sugar de luxe!]

Freebees: (To fill up the last 3 spots towards your 40 card limit)
    3 Aeon

[Just too good a creature to not have it as a late game fallback option.]
    Hope this helps you out.