Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Allanor Leafrunner

I think that if we're going to see more allies with abilities which prevent attacking or defending, having some "utility" allies could be a good idea. I mean allies who are not as strong as other allies of the same cost, but their unique skills can help occasionally. These allies will not be auto-include and usually not more than 2 copies. Whether or not they are going to be useful will depend on how often their skills will be needed. For example, the following card offers a counter to attacks with ambush and allies with Stealth, without the need to use burn spells to deal with them. Right now Stealth is countered only with abilities (Retreat, Fireball, ...). The reason allies with abilities like them have low health is so decks with access to low damage or limited number of offensive abilities can deal with them. If there was another counter, having more health could be possible.

Another way to deal with stealth and similar "hard to deal with" abilities, would be to change the effect so that allies with Stealth can attack allies with the same ability. The reasoning behind this could be that allies who are expert at cloaking themselves are able to detect other allies with the same skill.

Allanor is a scout. His job is to warn your allies and hero about ambushes and reveal the location of hidden enemy allies. When I first designed Allanor he was a hunter ally, but then I thought that decks should have access to allies with a flavor from a different class. Wouldn't a warrior have scouts or healers in his army? They should not be as efficient as class allies, but they would get the job done. Perhaps Allanor should be a Hunter ally, since he counters both Ambush and Stealth. I guess a generic ally should counter only 1 of them. If others think likewise I will change him to Hunter.

Version 1

The art and the vibe/energy of this image is amazing. Check the full image.

Art: "the return" by theincredibleandy (deviantart) - Full Image

For a complete list of my allies check here.
    Last edited by Anurak; 12-03-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wow, cool art.

moonstalker will have trouble with this I assume.
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3 health or it didnt happen...

5 is way to much for a 4~play.
    BLooDRunsCoLD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that this could be an ability with duration, instead of an ally.
    Maybe a hunter ability that lasts for 2 turns...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TRNL View Post
    3 health or it didnt happen...

5 is way to much for a 4~play.
    I always have trouble with 4 cost allies when it comes the time to choose health. 4 is the same as most 3-cost allies have. 5 is the value many 5-cost allies have. But is 3 health viable for an 4-cost ally? How many times Belladonna has lived a second turn? Since I have to satisfy both of you, check the 2nd version.
    Last edited by Anurak; 11-24-2011 at 10:18 PM.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the cards wording is rather confusing. "when X is summoned, and for 1 turn, your hero"? Do you mean for that turn, or for two turns?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess it would be more clear as "After you summon Allanor and until the start of your next turn, your hero...."

If it was just "Until the start of your next turn, your hero....", it wouldn't be clear when the effect starts, or that it's only a one-time thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anurak View Post
    I guess it would be more clear as "After you summon Allanor and until the start of your next turn, your hero...."

If it was just "Until the start of your next turn, your hero....", it wouldn't be clear when the effect starts, or that it's only a one-time thing.
    Yea thats what i thought you meant, it was just grammatically incorrect as well as open for debate. That would fix it right up. Nice card!