Close

Thread: @everyone

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

@everyone

Can everyone stop doing the stupid @ stuff in their posts? This isn't twitter.

The annoying part of it is you have to scroll up to see what the person said. And if it's on a different page...

QUOTE the person's comment, and then reply. No @ needed. The quote makes it very clear whom you are talking to/what comment you are addressing, and then it's right there for the reader to reference.

The benefit of the @ system on twitter is twofold: 1) tweets are short, so you wouldn't quote someone, and 2) it pings them when someone is talking to/about them.

Neither of those benefits exist here (no character limits for #1, and no one is alerted when you do the @them thing).

Quote the darn message you want to reply to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol. I do it because it's easier for people when they're skimming through to have less clutter. When I reply with the @ sign, I'm pretty much just talking directly to them and usually they know what is being addressed so other people reading it, I weigh less on their convenience. I do use direct quoting from time to time though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I see your point about less clutter, but you can skim right past quotes, making them easy to ignore and follow a conversation.

The @ stuff makes it really hard to follow a conversation.

IMO.

Just encouraging people to use the quote button a little more and the @ sign a little less, at least on forums. ...and ranting a little.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I do have a strong hatred for twitter and agree, the @ is not ideal on forums. Quoting is much better especially in long threads.
    My music.
    Cthulhu fhtagn...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i always like the quote function so i dont' have to scroll to see who said what. but for some reason this forum, when i quote and someone edits their post the quote also changes to the newly edited post. this is completely wrong imo. quotes should be ever changing on a whim, not by the original poster at least.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    [QUOTE=arebelspy;7506]Can everyone stop doing the stupid @ stuff in their posts? This isn't twitter.

@Arebelspy ok first off... Wait somethings wrong here....lol ;-)