Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.28 Baduruu aka I Should Know Better

I liked him before, but now he's less exciting, but maybe a little more dangerous? I feel like this could be tweaked to something good, but I do fear the direct damage, and I've already lost to one Dark Claw. Anyway - any thoughts (besides the knee-jerk "Don't play Baduruu") would be welcome. I have a Victor deck too, but for some reason I'm attached to this one.

Baduruu
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Carniboar
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    2x Brutal Minotaur
    3x Aimed Shot
    2x Death Trap
    4x Surprise Attack
    2x Acid Jet
    4x Shadow Font
    2x Crimson Vest
    4x Soul Seeker
    2x Guardian's Oath
    4x Beetle Demon Bow

Generally it's
    T1 - sac
    T2 - Carniboar (sac if Puwen/Blake is already on the board)
    T3 - Gargoyle
    T4 - Shadow Font + Bow
    T5 - Surprise Attack or Aimed Shot or on of the heavy allies

Maybe I've been lucky, but the Gargoyles plus Surprise Attack have gotten me a lot of cards. Acid Jet over Shriek because it seems more general purpose (although it sucks against DC). And Aimed Shot on Baduruu's SS for 4/4 is not shabby.

Some directions I could go -
    1) Drop some or all of the BDBs. I never seem to use them, because I either have a SS in my hand and GO has more durability. Especially since I want to keep the shadow for the next bow.
    2) Drop Death Traps for more allies?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, some thoughts on the deck:

1. I think this deck needs a focus to work. You either want to focus on your allies or traps/arrows to supplement the bows. Either works but having two death traps is not worth it as they will not come when you need them (turn 3) consistently (in fact, even with 4 you will only see them about 40% of games by turn 3) and it just means you are losing out on useful cards
    2. Drop Beetle Bow - at most you do 2 damage with it and you will never get to activate his special because Baduuru's ability costs way too much.
    3. Crimson Vest: good idea in theory, not so great in practice. I suggest you try night prowler as an inclusion and see what happens
    4. A big problem baduuru has is keeping up with the card draw. The surprise attacks are good on gargoyle, but as I mention in my guide it cost you 6 resources for something that can be taken out with 2 resources quite easily and so you need something else to supplement your draw.
    5. Plasma behemoth is a better choice for baduuruas if you can drop him down t5 and use your ability t6 (going first for example) you get to do 7 damage with him and use your bow to mop up. As he can split his damage between two, that's much better board control than minatour. Example: he nukes a Jas, weakens an Aldon and you kill Aldon with your bow and heal.

My suggestions to tune this deck a bit:

-4 Beetle bow
    -2 Crimson vest
    -2 minatour
    -2 death trap
    -1 aimed shot

+4 bad Santa
    +2 night prowler
    +2 plasma behemoth
    +4 of either death Mage or brutalis

Now you have some early board presence with enough weapons to use your ability. I would also tinker with -1 shadow font, -1 acid jet for +2 rapid fire as that gives you the chance to play bow + rapid fire on the same turn with your ability which is a fairly decent combo
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for taking a look! I was feeling that way about Death Trap myself. I used to be a big proponent, but I've been cutting back on them lately. I think I consistently underestimate the need for card draw. I'll take some of these tweaks into account and see how I do. The tip on focus is a good one.

Oh, and I've already replaced the Carniboars with Dark Flayers. Going second, I'd rather have _something_ that can damage Puwen/Blake versus a Carniboar that I don't even want to play because he's going to get killed immediately.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    since u aim for late board control u must ensure that a human winnie rush will not kill your guts so:

-u NEED the flayers
    -and the DMs
    -u NEED WotF at T4 to accompany your fatty who will be played in T5
    -T4 WotF T5 SS and PB
    -T6 (probably PB killed or u just won!!) u get 1 card!! Flood the board with 2 allies. I would definately use chimeras cause they live to get another blow and damage your opp ally!! Chimera+flayer/arrow, or garg+any other 3cc ally is all u need to combo with SS and gain board control. I would not encourage rapidfire since u have weak and low durability bows. What is the use of clearing the board if that takes 5cc(that is all your turn) and destroys what is left of your bow???

Learn to use SS as an extra to finish off allies and clear the board! U M U S T keep a PB out to have decent chances of winning so concentrate on that!!

Do not underestimate arrows and Evil Ascendant. EA combos greatly with garg/wolf/chimera/wotf!!! And arrows is a cheap way to make room for later biard presence

T2:draw engine or arrow on ally
    T3:death trap or garg
    T4: maximum 1 ally in play,cast WotF
    T5:SS and PB or SS and arrow and garg
    T6:2allies

That is board control. I cannot imagine how u are going to maintain tempo without card drawing and i cannot see how this will be done in a way diferent than WotF.

Just 2 thoughts there, hope i helped!
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    just tried this out with just a tweak of maybe 2 cards and in the first match against an eladwen i won khaosbblak vs turku
    Proud Member of ETC
    "Borrowing knowledge from all sources, taking the best
    from every study, Science of Mind brings together the
    highest enlightenment
    "

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice try,give it a go. Remember to include some PQs! I guess your opponent Eladwen didnt use any Snow Sapphire so it was an easy win!!
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by otto7 View Post
    nice try,give it a go. Remember to include some PQs! I guess your opponent Eladwen didnt use any Snow Sapphire so it was an easy win!!
    yea he/she did but i just used an acid jet with an attack of a flayer and got rid of it.
    Proud Member of ETC
    highest enlightenment
    "

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    still was an easy win though since no novas came up and he was too concerned with death racing
    Proud Member of ETC
    highest enlightenment
    "

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad to see you had some success KhaosBlack. I've actually tweaked the deck a bit. Here it is now:

Baduruu
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Dark Flayer
    2x Rapid Shot
    4x Into the Forest
    3x Surprise Attack
    3x Shadowspawn
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Acid Jet
    3x Shadow Font
    3x Bad Santa
    4x Soul Seeker
    2x Guardian's Oath
    ---
    41 cards
    Deckbuilder link

Dark Flayer, as discussed above, to deal with early ally drops. I felt like I just got too far behind with Bazaar, so I'm sticking with Surprise Attack and Bad Santa. Shriek for Jeweler's Dream, Acid Jet for Snow Sapphire and King's Pride. I know Golden Katar works ok with Baduruu, but with its high durability, you can get 3 damage on defense with Guardian's Oath, and you don't lose as much offensive power. I've almost forgot about Shadowspawn, but it comes in handy in mid-game. Because you almost invariably trigger your Hero ability after your opponents, you can toss Shadowspawn the same turn or the turn after and wipe out that ally kill/board wipe/item destruction/etc. that your opponent was planning.

Up to 212 now, so we'll see.
    Last edited by truegrit; 01-05-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its true that card draw is vital to success. Don't estimate surprise attack. Its a better card than Tainted Oracle as it gives you one card back immediately. If the attached ally can just defend for one turn, its an advantage as it nets you 2 cards one more attack will get you 3 cards!

I run 4 brute and 4 Garglyes if they come out early and not vs Warrior, it has a good chance.