Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Looking for new Design Team members!

I'd like to open the invitation to members of our community to apply to join the Shadow Era Design Team.

Calmdown has done an excellent job of balancing and completing the first set, but he has decided to step down. Now we are looking for a few new team members to take up the challenge to finish balancing, work on consistency and game rules, and get cracking on the next set. This will be a volunteer position to begin with, with the strong possibility of paid contract work in the future.

If you're interested, please pm me or email jobs@wulven.com with the following details:

- your experience playing other TCGs
    - what you think is the biggest problem with Shadow Era and how you would fix it
    - a few sample ideas of great new cards or gameplay features
    - your personal goals as a Design Team member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you hire people that aren't part of the community? I really feel like hiring your players is a bad idea... look at the forums and you can see my doubt.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Can you hire people that aren't part of the community? I really feel like hiring your players is a bad idea... look at the forums and you can see my doubt.
    Amen to that...
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kyle did state this is an invitation for players to apply for the position so people that aren't apart of the forum are welcomed to apply.

As for hiring players, I don't see what the issue with that. People who have played extensively have experience with the game and usually experience is seen as an asset. Particularly direct experience rather than applicable experience.

If the applicant is also an active forum member, this allows us to better gauge the individual based on their interactions in the forum.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Kyle did state this is an invitation for players to apply for the position so people that aren't apart of the forum are welcomed to apply.

As for hiring players, I don't see what the issue with that. People who have played extensively have experience with the game and usually experience is seen as an asset. Particularly direct experience rather than applicable experience.

If the applicant is also an active forum member, this allows us to better gauge the individual based on their interactions in the forum.
    People who play the game and have favored Factions/Heroes will also have a biased sense of balance.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice move, Kyle.

I would love to see someone who's has a good feel on the community, able to listen/respond to forum users/hard-core players. Someone who can address the balance issues and open to feedback.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    People who play the game and have favored Factions/Heroes will also have a biased sense of balance.
    I don't think it's an issue. There are many players who play all heroes. (like me). More than anything else, I love to see variety in the game. More heroes being used and more cards becoming more playable. Like Blanketeffect's thread on suggestions on how we can change HBM, Sandra, Dirk, etc.

More playable heroes/cards creates varied challenges = more fun and more brain work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now where are Anurak and qwerty?
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You make it sound like everyone that's played the game is completely biased and therefore incapable of being apart of the Design Team. I for one completely disagree with that assertion. There are many players that can objectively drive the game forward and balance cards while imparting negligible personal bias.

We are looking to expand the Design Team and involve more architects that will ensure the cards added are better balanced. Previously, it was just Kyle and Calmdown involved with the bulk of the design decisions but with more people in the Design Team, the number of perspectives will limit future oversights.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Guess I can't apply, I troll forums and would make Hunters OP.

My idea of balance:

Hunter Weapon
    0 Cost
    40 Damage
    Unlimited Durability

"effect" you can have more than 4 of this weapon.
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<