Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kamman13 View Post
    Darkclaw is a problem, he does the things the developers said they were going to avoid- long, boring games, mill/stall tactics, and reducing the focus from allies. Some people say his ability is the problem, some say Shadow font is the problem because it makes his ability spammable. I disagree. Lone wolf is the real culprit here.
    Did they ACTUALLY say this?
    Because if they said something like this and then put those two wolves in the game
    And gave them a card that gives them shadow energy
    And gave them a card that does what their abilities already do
    In addition to the stall cards already in the game

Ehl oh Ehl.
    The fact that all those cards exist simultaneously is totally stupid.

I'm not against stall/mill strategies. I AM against the fact that if those decks get a decent draw they are unbeatable, unless you're running an 'anti wolf' deck that would fail miserably against anything thats not a wolf.

Theres no counter to "My allies and I take no damage indefinitely" in a game where the objective is to deal a certain amount of damage to the enemy.

Stall/Mill decks need to be beatable by standard decks without a lot of counter-tech in order to be balanced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Spitfire View Post
    How about DC vs DC? Does it ever ends?
    Yea detooth the enemy
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    Yea detooth the enemy
    My first match was Darkclaw vs Darkclaw on the iOS... I offered a draw. My opponent said no... 25 minutes later I won.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    My first match was Darkclaw vs Darkclaw on the iOS... I offered a draw. My opponent said no... 25 minutes later I won.
    I played around with DC on my alt it was fun first match was vs dc I just detooth him and I won
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with the fact that it is good that there are multiple strategies and ways to win the game. Rather than to try and eliminate this (and miserably failing in the process I might add), development should embrace the different tactics and give them all cards to work with.

From what the developers stated about trying to limit play time and the fact that we keep seeing decks like Darkclaw pop up, we should conclude that there will always a bunch of players who will try and get a deck that does stuff like stalling / milling / etc anyway (I certainly would in any case). Don't fight it, go with the flow.

I agree with iClipse: I'd rather play one exciting 25-minute game than two boring 10-minute ones...
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The biggest thing for me is that the wulven class seem to be a confused bunch. On the one hand you have cards and moonstalkers ability which promotes the whole wolf pack mentality, on the other hand you have cards and abilities which favor allyless/loner style play. I'd much prefer the wolf pack theme to stick as there could be some really fun combos and plays with all of the planned future cards
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtzky View Post
    The biggest thing for me is that the wulven class seem to be a confused bunch. On the one hand you have cards and moonstalkers ability which promotes the whole wolf pack mentality, on the other hand you have cards and abilities which favor allyless/loner style play. I'd much prefer the wolf pack theme to stick as there could be some really fun combos and plays with all of the planned future cards
    Eliminate Lone Wolf style of play so every deck is basically the same? No thanks. If this game turns into Urban Rivals I'm peacing out. I like that the game is so diverse right now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    Eliminate Lone Wolf style of play so every deck is basically the same? No thanks. If this game turns into Urban Rivals I'm peacing out. I like that the game is so diverse right now.
    +1 for more diversity
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    +1 for more diversity
    +1

Make that 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    more diversity and more cards released faster. + AS MUCH AS I CAN.

you know what i find boring. posts about darkclaw being boring. i actually love facing off against him. its an auto-win. and if it takes longer than 20 minutes to beat him there is something wrong with your deck. i dont mean any offense here. its just fact. i would rather face off against a DC than any other hero (except maybe serena). besides, if you dont want to play him, then quit the game, its only a couple of rating points. the only deck i dread to face is a Zaladar weenie rush deck. less than 10 minutes a game and i lose more of them than i win.

personally, i like that there are stall decks in the game that can work. if there werent any then it would all be rush. which means, 95% of the time, it comes down to who went first and its over by turn 5 or 6. THIS was something they really wanted to change, thats why we went to 40 card decks.

and its not lone wolf... its the combination of lone wolf, DCs ability, shadowfont, full moon, evil ascendant, rain delay, what big teeth and jewelers dream. its the whole collection that makes DC stall a decent deck. removing lone wolf will not change this. regeneration will provide 16 health as well and wouldrequire minimal adjustment to the deck.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory