Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: GraveBella 1.28

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    bella 4 dmg, chimera 5. big difference it kills PB+if it survives it becomes 5 hp.
    Not that much of a difference as Gravebone is a Mage that has support damage. 1 damage difference requires 1cc to activate means Chimera needs 5 resources to become 5/2 while Bella is 4/2 + 1 card.

Actually, in practice, I find myself casting more DeathKnight than Bella as it also has card advantage. My main reason for Bella is the card art and it's a high damage cc that fits to portal deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If I want 5 dmg I'll cast knight. Or team up with brute. Etc.

Gravebone's ability minus haste from portal is very weak. Almost all other heroes have an "instant" effect. Gravebone has no access to haste allies and therefore is just casting speed bumps with absolute zero strategy since their abilities don't work when summoned from the graveyard either.

In conclusion; gravebone without portal+recursion= poor.

The old version was spammable. But it took talent. Powerful in a good players hands, worthless to bad players. The new version is not spammable. Requires a full turn for the creature to make an impact. Ignores portal. IMO portals only real use is gravebone. And nothing activates when the ally comes in. Do the math.

As it stands, only clever use of VoW+shadowfont might make gravebone playable going forward. Not optimal because it relies on too many cards in a godly drop order.

The fix: portal affects all friendly allies coming into play from anywhere.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You might want to take a look at TJ Yarikasakin's Gravebone build which he used in the last tourney that BlueJet held. I think he beat 3 Moonstalkers and 2 Logans to become the champion. Didn't use portal in his deck at all and from what I saw, pretty much controlled all his matches to his liking. There was no Eladwen during that tournament but I think he might have been able to hold his own against her but with his strategy it might have been more in her favor than GB's.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, Yari's gravebone was amazing to watch. not a lot of size ally-wise and i think that was very key to it and his success.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It should be called "gravebone burn"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't give credence to gravebone deck where allies are support cards. Anyone can stack a burn deck and play the death race game.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    I don't give credence to gravebone deck where allies are support cards. Anyone can stack a burn deck and play the death race game.
    Err, welcome to shadowera 1.28 - 1.29
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    You might want to take a look at TJ Yarikasakin's Gravebone build which he used in the last tourney that BlueJet held. I think he beat 3 Moonstalkers and 2 Logans to become the champion. Didn't use portal in his deck at all and from what I saw, pretty much controlled all his matches to his liking. There was no Eladwen during that tournament but I think he might have been able to hold his own against her but with his strategy it might have been more in her favor than GB's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    I would disagree with Killtrend. Yari's deck is really good and well-built. No portal, no bella and he plays it well.

Everyone thought Yari would fall easily to Manbane's Logan but he sliced Manbane's logan like a blade through water. 2-0. (no offense to Manbane, manbane beat a hell of of good players to reach semis)

Yari had a much tougher time vs my Logan in the finals (I do not think he/anyone would disagree.)

But he still won me, 2-1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yari's majiya uses the same burn strategy