Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Askaria Slasher

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love Flanking! I'd like to see Wulven allies gain that ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all, the targeting thing does need to be changed. Targeting something is part of activating the effect, which can cause other things to happen before that original effect actually happens.

And you've missed my point again. It's not that the slasher is doing a Wulven mechanic, it's doing it in a Wulven way.

Think about it. Wolves are pack hunters, and in this case, so is the slasher. But with wolves, there's always the alpha wolf, the dominant one, the one given the kill and the first to feed.

The slasher has haste. It's flanking, sure, working together with the pack, but it's still the one that always gets the kill. It's the one that jumps out, and your allies already in play yield to allow it that kill.

It's a Wulven card.

These Valloren, they're beasts forced to work together out of necessity for survival. Everything they do needs to convey that sense of community and teamwork, not one ally always getting the privelidge and the others being denied.

3/4 Flanking
    When this ally attacks and deals damage, the next ally that attacks this turn has Flanking.

Unlike the alpha wolf that lunges in to steal the kill, this card actually opens up the opportunity for the target to be flanked instead. Now THIS is a Valorren.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ