Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Just had 3 winning games

3 amazing games, especially one especially drawn out fight against a werewolf ally-less deck, where I Soul Reaper-ed away his win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't seem to pull this deck off. I edited this deck as on the previous page. It still runs out of steam and the early resistance in t1-3 is too heavy.

I constantly get my sparks and steeds destroyed by Kris and puwen killing my flayers and snakes.

Somehow it does not seem to work to get 3 allies on the board by turn 3 or 4 even.

Maybe Im doing something wrong, playing this wrong or thinking wrong about my saccing choices, but I get very flakey results while I'm playing this deck.

Also while HBM is great thinking to use it this way, casting it in turn 3 conflicts with puting on the pressure by replacing a destroyed ally so you have 3 on the board in turn 4. Or it conflicts with playing shard or bloodlust. Again, maybe I'm doing it wrong, could be my saccing choices.

I'm curious to hear how others do it.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think this is one of those decks that is extremely clever in theory, but luck gets in the way. 4 HBM in a 40 card deck is too risky to base your whole strategy around. Had this been 30 card deck, it would be much more effective. It could possibly be THE best deck for grinding the AI, if trimmed down.

My own version ditched HBM and went for Bad Santa, so I can try to have a good chance of 3 allies down by T3, but going second makes it tough due to low HP. Evil Ascendant is pretty much an auto-loss too, since allies are the onli source of damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i can say the shriek/HBM combo is rather ... nice ... but it is rare that you can actually do it and it generally is a waste of resources.

i do this in a couple of my stripper decks... its a fun play in a deck i designed purely for fun, nothing more. it wont win matches for you. its more fun when i give them the HBM than when i actually use it.

no offense to the original poster but from a purely fun perspective its nice... when it happens. competitive it is not.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I guess I am afterall looking for a competitive deck and have been looking for a competitive rush deck since 1.26.

This deck seemed promesing, but in the end did not work out. It's fun in theory, but in reality the times you draw right and win the way it's supposed to work are to be counted on one hand, while the times you loose with a landslide are as common as apple pie.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty interesting deck, might try it out, but prob wouldn't bother using hbm

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    i can say the shriek/HBM combo is rather ... nice ... but it is rare that you can actually do it and it generally is a waste of resources.

i do this in a couple of my stripper decks... its a fun play in a deck i designed purely for fun, nothing more. it wont win matches for you. its more fun when i give them the HBM than when i actually use it.

no offense to the original poster but from a purely fun perspective its nice... when it happens. competitive it is not.
    Hey, absolutely no offense taken. To be 100% honest, I was hoping for more flaming so that I could see what I could work on for the deck. The thing about SE now is that it does not have much synergy.

I used to be quite a proficient MTG player, so I believe I know what I'm talking about. There were always expensive decks in MTG, ones that you just pile on the best cards available in each casting cost, so you have a ridiculously overpowered deck, with powerful efficiency, but 0 synergy.

I was really hoping that I could get more advice in building this deck, I'm even open to taking out HBM, though I have to say that even if you can't spam HBM at turn 3, it is still a decent card in the deck as you really really almost never need more than 4-5 resources. A cheap burn a resource + card draw is never really a bad thing, you still prevent the nonsense armours like Armour of the Ages etc.

As my first original deck idea, I think it does decent. Yes it will never be competitive. But it should have a slight chance, just that SE isn't built that way. The higher resource cards are almost always worth 2-3 of the lower ones, which honestly makes the game boring.

I'm still not giving up hope, and I sincerely hope all readers of this deck will give it a chance and help me tweak it according to the changes the SE will bring. Who knows? Maybe in time, the Sparks will rise from the death and destruction of the Shadow era, armed with a shard of power and seething with bloodlust, shall overtake the rest in one blinding, cruel sweep.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really cool concept, but HBM just doesn't have enough presence, and takes up space needed for drawing with bad santa.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Enough presence? Sorry but no. HBM is a crazy good card, if integrated properly into a deck, and I honestly think I damn near accomplished it here. Honestly, with a perfect hand, this deck can win anyone.

But due to the variety of low cc cards, I have considered this deck 90% dead, for now.

Yet, oh ho, stay tuned. The new set of cards have inspired me to create a new deck, and might bring shard back into game play all over.

The beauty of this deck is that even if you lose a ton of allies, you can use them by gaining back health. You can even bring them back in for round 2. The problem is that without HBM, this lack of a late game deck just crumbles into bits. + Evil Ascension + Ice storm, this deck never had a chance... But all that is going to change soon. The new cards coming will give shard decks a late game yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tried four here be monster cards in a min. 40 card deck and played a dozen or so games. On average it came up once in the first 5-6 rounds. And the second one came up usually too late when the opponent had 6 or more resources and already armored up. I like the concept if it can effectively contain opponent. I don't think I will continue to use them.