Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just had a fun match, where I just managed to reduce nishaven to exactly 0 life the turn before he could activate his hero ability. Shriek was the MVP here, removing the rain delay, letting my bloodlusted allies rush in for the kill, with zaladar supplying the coup-de-grad.

This deck may not be top tier, but the occasional thrill of winning by the 5th round can't be beat!

Update: Had a little better luck today. Overran eladwen, trounced darkclaw (shrieked his full moon), eked out a win vs zhanna (she managed to kill a lot of my allies early on, I slowly whittled her down to 18hp, then cast shard+bloodlust+zaladar's ability for the win)

I think it is my playstyle that was my downfall early on. Previously, I just went all out, but what I think this meant what that I was effectively telegraphing my next move to my opponent. In short, it made me too predictable and easy to counter. The better way might be to start like some shadow weenie deck suffering from a poor hand and chip his hp down to the point where you can shard+bloodlust for the win. Never play more than 2-3 allies at a time, use bloodlust to take down key creatures and control the board while waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

Will keep you in the loop as to how this fares. I am still looking for something to replace my 2 discharges with though, I have not used them even once to date!
    Last edited by abazigal; 01-16-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is this deck up-to-date? Just seen it in your sig.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Is this deck up-to-date? Just seen it in your sig.
    Nah it's pre 1.5, I'm just proud of it as my first posted deck. Elementalis buff stopped working with shard. I could design a 1.5 one, with zaladar, but there's hardly a point.