Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Arrow Zaladar - Bloodlust Deck

Hello.. so here's my Zaladar "Bloodlust" deck... it's been very effective (85% winning) but could use some tweaks... any suggestions??

Hero:

Zaladar

Allies:
    Brutalis x4
    Fire Snake x4
    Medusil x3
    Spark x2

Abilities:
    Energy Discharge x1
    Shard of Power x3
    Life Infusion x2
    BLOODLUST x4
    Bazaar x1
    Bad Santa x1
    Eternal Renewal x1
    Shriek of Vengeance x1

Armor:
    Armor of Ages x2

30 cards total......

Offensive Strategy..... Speed! Attack! Attack! Attack! Cast multiple low cost allies......when 3 or more are able to attack, cast bloodlust... and for a final blow, cast Shard of Power + Bloodlust! That's plus 4 attack on each ally! With 4 allies, you can easy do 20+ damage in one turn!

Defensive Strategy..... Armor of Ages, Shriek of Vengeance, Life Infusion, Zaladar's ability, and Energy Discharge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The deck looks all over the place...

For one thing, how do you honestly expect reliable draw? Luck out in the first eight cards?

For another thing.. Why so many snakes and only two sparks? Spark is superior in many ways.

Just... yike. I need to go find squishy...
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the insight.... I originally had 4 Sparks but wanted to lower the total card count. I'll try using 4 Sparks and 2 Snakes...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too many 1x cards. Try lowering them. For example, play either bad santa or bazaar, not both
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I"ll like to see that 85% win record.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it started out winning often...but lately i've been losing..... it's more like 65% winning now....

This deck usually crushes people rated <150 ..but struggles against 180+ rated people

my rational for using bad santa and baazar was.... if i had multiple baazars, i cannot stack them...once i play one, the others are pretty much useless...... and i don't really want multiple bad santas bec i have to use resources to cast it.... i've found, i usually no not need more than 6 resources throughout a match....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Choose a strategy and be sure to play cards that match it.
    Armor of Age and Eternal Renewal don't feet in a rush deck imo.
    Also, you need a stable draw engine like Bad Santas in more copies(good in rush).
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    Choose a strategy and be sure to play cards that match it.
    Armor of Age and Eternal Renewal don't feet in a rush deck imo.
    Also, you need a stable draw engine like Bad Santas in more copies(good in rush).
    +1 I've got a deck like this, but it's really only good vs the AI (or if you go first and get a 1CC). If you really want to run the "Slughter them fast deck" you definitely need:

+2 Bella or Keldor -- I think you should run 15+ allies with this deck style (50% or more allies)
    +2 Spark (you either run 4 of these or none)
    +3 Bad Santa -- most of the deck is cheap enough to be able to drop two of these in back to back turns if you need to, and still cast a card
    -2 AoA -- you either win early or you won't win at all w/ this deck style, if you need AoA you've lost anyway
    -1 Shriek -- you should be fast enough that they won't have time to drop an armor or weapon on you
    -1 Bazaar -- the Bad S.'s are enough
    -1 Bloodlust -- 3 is enough, you'll get it by the time you need it in a 30 card deck
    -2 Life infusion -- good card, and does fit, but doesn't help you go any faster which is what you want

Just keep in mind that no matter what you do there are built-in limits to this deck, it'll get beaten most of the time by 200+ players and decks. It's fun and overwhelming when it works though :-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    never fear sniper kitty squishy is here. so yes gs is correct spark is key in any weenie deck its a must 4x card i play 40c zal. well actually i play 40c everything lol. this deck list that follows is very solid and i have a great win ratio with it. if you want to only play 30c that is fine i can scale it down thats no problem. I will include my 40c list then go over some of the flaws in your deck ok.

here is my list

Zaladar-1.26-Rated

4x Death Bone
    3x Fire Snake
    4x Medusil
    4x Spark

2x Energy Discharge
    1x Soul Reaper
    4x Mind Control
    3x Shard of Power
    1x eternal Renewal
    4x Bloodlust
    2x Shreik
    2x Bazaar
    4x Bad Santa

1x Armor of Ages

now for what I see wrong with yours

1. You must have 4 sparks. Think about it turn 1 spark 1dmg. turn 2 play spark spark 3 damage. turn 3 lust thats a swing for 15dmg turn 3
    2. In a 30c you should only play at max 2 SoP. Why? Well you can only have one on the feild at a time and you only want to play it when it is a game winning swing or if you have total board control and there is no way your opp can clear your board on the next turn. SoP should only be on the feild for a max of 2 turns ever. If you play it to soon then you are boned and may as well just say gg and walk away so to speak.
    3. there is really no need for life infusion in a weenie deck IMO. sub that out for more allies or draw. The key in this deck is to attack attack attack. you will loose guys you cant help that. but once you blow your load how do you refill your hand. you want to spawn as many guys as you can as quick as you can. LI just takes up valluable spots that you need for other things.
    4. Draw. Where is it. if your oppoent lives past turn 5 and you only have at max 1 or 2 cards in hand what do you do. BS is key. yes you will give your opp cards but you will have so many allies on the board it dosent matter to much. Hand size and draw is key in this game in all aspects. you MUST have it 2 draw effects = just not good enough.
    5. AoA. there is no need for 2. AoA is only played if you are loosing and need a way to hold out for a few turns. Most of the time I end up just resourcing mine early and mid game. It is a last ditch effert to live with Zal. As you see I only play one in my 40c. If you have board control and no allies to play on turn 6 then slam it but otherwise it is just useless.
    6. Where is mind control. This card is a major game savor if your oppoent lives past turn 5. if you play human and you opp plays an Aeon you dont have many responses to him but you can MC and for 5cc you kill a guy and do a min of 3dmg to their hero you cant tell me that is bad. MC can regain board control for you very fast.
    7. Shreik. either play a min of 2 or just dont play any. because if you have to resourse one you can still get another. Besides playing 2 doubles your chance of destroying that key armor, weapon, or draw ability for your opp.
    8.I know I said this before but bad santa is key. If you go first turn i resource play a 1cc(snake or spark) end. Turn 2 you now have 5 cards in habd after draw. resource then cast BS you now have 6 cards in hand and dont miss your draw next turn. Menwhile most of the time you opp will get 2 card but will miss there draw step. It is so clutch.

that is what i see right off the bat. if you would like some help building or changing the deck let me know either here or feel free to pm me. A1 is always here to help. if you have access to the cards try my list it is very solid and wins the majority of the matches it plays. I can also tone mine down to a 30c if you want but just realize that soon the standard will go to 40c and practice now is good plus IMO and many others 40c is more fun and more challenging. Happy playing and let me know if you have any questions
    Some are scared, Some are excited, but all will bask in my glory. IM BACK!!!! Squishy is here to stay.

I owe all my success to A1 GS, Figga, Nacho, Wtzky wouldn't be the player I am without your help and friendship

My sig is reserved for A1 again

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    it started out winning often...but lately i've been losing..... it's more like 65% winning now....

This deck usually crushes people rated <150 ..but struggles against 180+ rated people

my rational for using bad santa and baazar was.... if i had multiple baazars, i cannot stack them...once i play one, the others are pretty much useless...... and i don't really want multiple bad santas bec i have to use resources to cast it.... i've found, i usually no not need more than 6 resources throughout a match....
    I am not sure what your intentions are....

Crush is such a strong word.

Anyways, multiple bazaars are not a bad idea. I would put at least 2 in a 30 card deck. U need it to draw it, so many copies increase the chance of drawing it. The same goes for Santa. Your weenies are low in cost, that means you can summon them faster than your opponent.

The purpose of the weenie deck is to overun your opponent before he can recover. Hence 4 santas, no doubt about that.

Squishy's deck is on the right track. It's good.